Forums / Media / Video Games

38,604 total conversations in 2,698 threads

+ New Thread

Advance Wars 1+2 remake delayed to an indefinite date due to the war in Ukraine

Last posted Mar 19, 2022 at 02:55AM EDT. Added Mar 09, 2022 at 12:42PM EST
8 posts from 7 users

Source

Given one of the major plot points in the game is that basically a fictional equivalent of the Russian army invades another country I can understand why this is happening. It's also not the first time this has happened either, the original GBA version of Advance Wars 1 was also delayed due to 9/11 over two decades ago.

(sorry Fawfulthelego but I felt this was better for a dedicated thread than a bump on an unrelated one)

Mr. Nobody Returns wrote:

>Russia
>Third world problems.

Just release the fucking game already Nintendo. I don't care if people say "It's insensitive." to release the game.

I guess look at it from the "businessman" perspective. You start advertising a modern-ish war game set for release a month from now when a real and highly publicized war is going on, it'd be a PR nightmare (plus as I pointed out it really does not help a major plot point in AW1 is an alternate universe version of the Russian military invades a neighboring nation, way too eerily similar to what's happening now).

Also from a businessman perspective: it's probably best they delayed it anyway because IMO it was weird they were releasing it only two weeks after Kirby (which is still on track for March 25 as I imagine a whimsical platformer is far more the kind of escapism Nintendo would rather release right now, even if the setting looks post-apocalyptic, though not in the "destroyed by war" sense, more in the "the inhabitants mysteriously left one day" sense).

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!