Forums / Media / Video Games

38,645 total conversations in 2,703 threads

+ New Thread

Kinda E3 2022 thread

Last posted Jun 16, 2022 at 06:41PM EDT. Added Jun 06, 2022 at 01:50PM EDT
24 posts from 9 users

The time is nigh, even though E3 2022 is cancelled we're still getting a whole lot of presentations this month.
I definitely intend to watch Summer Game Fest and Xbox shows and report on it in this thread (while being wildly unfunny) in case you don't have a dedicated youtuber/reporter.

Playstation did its presentation week earlier as you probably know, Ubisoft stated to have no plans for E3 and Nintendo is missing in action (Though I think last year they announced their Direct late as well).

Anyway here's a schedule so far according to Gamesradar . Be sure to check on it, in case something updates.

Showcase Date PDT EDT BST
PlayStation State of Play Thurs, June 2 3PM 6PM 11PM
Black Voices in Gaming Fri, June 8 10AM 1PM 6PM
UploadVR Showcase Fri, June 8 8AM 11AM 4PM
Summer Game Fest Thurs, June 9 11AM 2PM 7PM
Day of the Devs Thurs, June 9 AFTER SGF AFTER SGF AFTER SGF
IGN Expo Fri, June 10 9AM 12PM 5PM
Netflix Geeked Week: Games Fri, June 10 10AM 1PM 6PM
Tribeca Games Spotlight Fri, June 10 12PM 3PM 8PM
Guerrilla Collective3 Sat, June 11 8AM 11AM 4PM
Wholesome Games Direct Sat, June 11 9.30AM 12.30PM 5.30PM
Future Games Show Sat, June 11 12PM 3PM 8PM
Xbox and Bethesda Games Showcase Sun, June 12 10AM 1PM 6PM
PC Gaming Show Sun, June 12 12PM 3PM 8PM
Guerrilla Collective3.5 Sun, June 12 1PM 4PM 9PM

I already won as my favorite TTRPG Rogue Trader is getting made by my favorite CRPG devs so the rest is just a victory lap for me. That being said I am hoping to see a Nintendo Direct soon. I have one unrealistic hope for it that I'm gonna hold close until it happens.

Keighley is already saying to curb your expectations for the Summer Game Fest since it'll mostly focus on already-announced games. The Xbox/Bethesda showcase is probably where we'll see the most new stuff.

Supposedly a new game from Kojima might have been leaked. The site who reported on the leak, called "Try Hard Guides," is claiming Kojima Productions asked for the article to be removed, and provided the website isn't lying then we have have an idea on something that'll be announced during SGF (given Kojima and Geoff being buddy-buddy). The rumor is it's a horror game that's codenamed "Overdose," and it looks like some of the cast from Death Stranding might be involved as the article says the leaked footage they saw showed Margaret Qualley, who played the character Mama in Death Stranding, walking through a dark corridor. The article is pretty bare bones on details, but if this is true then I wonder if this is the rumored Microsoft published project, or something completely different (rumors have been circulating for a while now that Microsoft is partnering with Kojima for a game that's going to take advantage of Microsoft's Cloud technology, but what this might entail I have no clue).

Double post time:

The date of the next Nintendo Direct might have been leaked, which is June 15. A person on Reddit claiming to be a smaller YouTuber leaked an email they received from the indie studio behind the game Neon White saying the game is launching on June 15 (and the only reason why we know it's the devs behind Neon White is because the person who leaked the email did a shit job trying to block out part of the email, not realizing changing the contrast reveals what he thought he blacked out), and then in another comment basically said "oh I know it's a Direct because of the NDAs I had to sign for other devs that said the same date." RGT 85 reported on it and came to the conclusion it's a YouTuber who sacrificed their career for Reddit clout, as after this the person in question could be taken to court for breach of contract, or at the very least no dev will ever trust them to not break NDA again.

I swear Geoff Keighley is trying to suck my soul out to power his game awards. I think I might've accidentally linked a tofu ad instead of a game trailer somewhere.

Title Developer Release date Trailer link Snarky descryption
Street Fighter 6 Capcom 2023 Link Introducing Guile's Joveralls
Aliens: Dark Descent Focus Entertainment, Tindalos Interactive 2023 Link Generic twin stick shooter
The Calisto Protocol Striking Distance, Krafton December 2 2022 Link Brought to you by people who did Dead Space, a legally distinct Dead Space. Really damn gory
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II Infinity Ward, Activision Blizzard October 28 2022 Link The painted a guy all over a dock
Flashback 2 Microids Winter 2022 Link Sequel to a SNES era game?
Witchfire The Astronauts "Early access soon" Link Wow it didn't get cancelled! Now it's a Epic Exclusive
Fort Solis Fallen Leaf Studio ??? Link Some another space horror game that didn't show anything concrete
Routine Lunar Software, Raw Fury ??? Link Teeth robot in a fourth sci fi horror game
Zoa Energy The Rock Right now to the store near you Link The Rock was cooking an energy drink apparently. There's also like a movie or something?
Outriders: Worldslayer People Can Fly June 30 2022 Link DLC for games as a service game
Nintendo roundup I dunno I dunno Can't find a video for it Buncha game trailers played too fast for me to write down
Fall Guys Fall Guys Fall Guys Fall Guys Fall Guys
Stormgate Frost Giant 2023 Beta Animated Trailer Some multiplayer RTS from Starcraft devs. Really generic animated trailer
Highwater Demagog studio 2022 Link You hipster indie game about climate change
American Arcadia Out of the Blue, Raw Fury "Coming Soon" Link 2.5 game set in Dystopian Epcot
Goat Simulator 3 Coffee Stain Fall 2022 Link They bait and switched it with Dead Island 2
Marvel Midnight Suns Virtuos, Firaxis October 7 2022 Link
Cuphead Delicous Last Course Studio MDHR June 30 2022 Link More gameplay footage of a new boss
Neon White Angel Matrix, Annapurna June 16 2022 Link Cool speedrun fps/platformer with excellent style. Like it's the only game I'm interested in out of all this stuff
Midnight Fight Express Jacob Dziwinel (Yeah a single guy) August 23 2022 Link Neat beat em up
Warframe The Duviri Paradox Digital Extremes Dunno Link I realized that MMO news will always get any reaction only from it's playerbase
Honkai Starrail MiHoYo "Coming soon" Link There are probably a lot of Honkai fans, but I feel nothing
Zenless Zone Zero MiHoYo Dunno Link It's a game, there are furries in it if you're into that stuff
TMNT: Shredder's Revenge Tribute Games June 16 2022 Link From the guys who did Scott Pilgrim game, down to the pixelart
Super People Wonder Games Aug 16 2022 Final Beta Link We're still making Battle Royales apparently
Humankind: Cultures of Latin DLC Amplitude Studios Out now Link DLC for a civ game
Ne Piece Odyssey ILCA Inc. 2022 Link Dragon Quest but Luffy gets stuck on an island
Soul Hackers 2 Atlus August 26 2022 Link I dunno some spinoff of Shin Megami Tensei
Capcom Arcade Stadium 2 Capcom July 22 2022 Link Buncha old Capcom games
Mario Strikers Nintendo June 10 2022 Link No Waluigi crotch chop
Metal Hell Singer The Outsiders 2022 Link BPM: Bullets per minute again, but with popular metal musicians
The Quarry Supermassive games Tommorow Link Never really liked interactive movie games
Nightingale Inflexion ??? Link I dunno, some enemies look cool
Saints Row Boss Factory Volition Right now Link Standalone character designer for the new Saints Row
WH40K Darktide Fatshark September 13 2022 Link Lots of people waiting for that one
Layers of Fears Bloober team Early 2023 Link Apparently those games aren't good or something
Gotham Knights WB Games Montréal October 23 2022 Link Eh
Last of Us something Naughty Dog I dunno Link They're doing a multiplayer thing, a hbo series, I dunno
Last of Us Part 1 Naughty Dog September 2 2022 Link It really doesn't need a remake imo
And that was all apparently
Last edited Jun 09, 2022 at 05:13PM EDT

As if the original game wasn't proof enough, the trailer for "Goat Simulator 3" definitely shows the Goat Simulator devs are big fans of obscure absurdist humor (not only by doing the whole "skip the number 2" thing, which is something Hideo Kojima once seriously considered doing for Metal Gear Solid 2 as a way to fuck with players, but also doing a parody of the trailer for Dead Island 2, a trailer from nearly a decade ago for a game that's been in development hell almost as long as Duke Nukem Forever).

The Last of Us PS5 remake was definitely the biggest announcement of the whole thing, though since it looks like they're doing a 1:1 remake I can't help but wonder if this remake is more of an attempt to help market the upcoming HBO series since the PS4 remaster of the same game is readily playable on PS5, and if you're a PS Plus subscriber you already get the game FREE on PS5 to boot (also now wondering if Sony will do the whole "if you own the PS4 game you can upgrade to the PS5 version for just $10" thing for LoU like they did with Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy).

At first I was hoping the Aliens game would be a sequel to Isolation, but nope it's a twin stick shooter. We just got Aliens: Fireteam Elite last year, seems too soon for another Aliens shooter IMO.

Also finally we've got a date for WH40K Darktide.

And to respond to a few of Ozzim's comments:

-Layers of Fear is good if you're just looking for neat horror adventures, but if you're looking for old fashioned survival horror then it won't be for you since there's no combat or item management (if that is something you're looking for then please play Tormented Souls)
-Neon White also looks pretty neat to me, probably gonna grab it on Switch
-Funny thing about Flashback 2 is technically Flashback got a 3D sequel back in 1995 called Fade to Black, but that game is kinda hated by fans of the original so I can understand retconning that game out and making a new sequel that feels more like what fans of the original want

Bruh I really thought there was a Goat Simulator 2, I didn't realize the devs were just fooling us. Still excited tho!

And The Last of Us Part 1 remake was the biggest highlight for me, but for a different reason: PC port. As a person with no PS5 and refusing to buy one at scalped prices, this is great for those who game on pc and want to try this out along with other currently PlayStation exclusives. ᴺᵒʷ ᶦᶠ ᵒⁿˡʸ ᵗʰᵉʸ ʷᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵖᵒʳᵗ ᴮˡᵒᵒᵈᵇᵒʳⁿᵉ ᵗᵒ ᵖᶜ ᵃˢ ʷᵉˡˡ, ᴵ ʷᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵈᶦᵉ ᵒᶠ ʰᵃᵖᵖᶦⁿᵉˢˢ.

Devolver is being Devolver again. This year they doing a skit on companies buying each other up to the point the video game industry is becoming a singularity. Also something with a japanese speaking mecha.

But anyway, here's the games that were announced:

Cult of the Lamb: cute-creepie cult simulator

Anger Foot: insane fps involving a lot of kicking with a 90's sludge aesthetic and a pumping hardcore soundtrack

Card shark: cardgame cheating simulator

The plucky squire: cutie action/adventure game with a 2d-to3d twist

skate story: A E S T H E T I C skating

Everything Devolver showed looks super neat, especially The Plucky Squire and Skate Story.

For Capcom's presentation they confirmed we'll get a look at RE4 Remake which is the main thing I'm tuning in for. My other hopes are we finally see a look at RE Village DLC (they confirmed a year ago it's gonna happen), dates for the "next gen" updates on all the RE Engine games (Capcom confirmed they're all getting free updates for people who own the PS4/Xbox One versions), and a confirmation on what kind of game Pragmata is supposed to be (seriously I keep forgetting it's a Capcom game, it looks like something I'd expect from Hideo Kojima). Anything else would just be a bonus.

So I happened to skip through Netflix's presentation. They are going to have Spiritfarer out on their service this summer. Not sure if my phone will be able to handle it though. As much as Netflix is failing lately, their model could actually make mobile gaming worthwhile.

As for Capcom I wonder about this Exoprimal game and why it isn't tied to Dino Crysis. Also I could've sworn they first showed it in 2020/2021 without the dinosaurs and I thought it was going to be another Warframe/Destiny/Anthem.

Doublepost!
I don't really have a good frame of reference, but it was my favourite presentation so far.

Title Developer Release date Trailer link Snarky descryption
Redfall Arkane Austin 2023 Link Looks like a L4D like, but vampires feel so tanky
Hollow Knight: Silksong Team Cherry ??? Link You want a release date? Fuck you!
High on Life Squanch Games October 2022 Link Hey you heard of that one show called Rick and Morty? It's pretty good. Also game looks quite pretty
Rito Games Riot Games I think now? Link Buncha riot games is releasing on the game pass. You'll get all LOL characters unlocked.
A Plague Tale: Requiem Asobo Studios 2022 Link Rat physics
Forza Motorsport Microsoft Studios Spring 2023 Link Car game featuring cars
Microsoft Flight Simulator Asobo Studio November 2022 Link Plane game featuring planes. Now with the Halo plane
Overwatch 2 Blizzard Entertainment Early Access October 4 2022 Link They're adding the Junker Queen. Will be free to play, which is good because I wouldn't buy it again
Ara: History Untold Oxide Games ??? Link Civilisation like? They haven't shown any gameplay
Elder Scrolls Online: High Isle ZeniMax Online Studios June 21 Link Bretons 🤮
Fallout 76: The Pitt Bethesda Austin September 2022 Link 76 is still alive and ticking. Now with a pit
Forza Horizons 5: Hot Wheels Playground Games July 19 2022 Link Car game featuring cars. Now with Hot Wheels tracls
Ark 2 Studio Wildcard 2023 Link Uncanny Vin Diesel strikes again
Scorn Ebb software 21 october 2022 Link Gooey H.R. Geigher hell shooter
Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn A44 Early 2023 Link Lady with a Fox doing what looks like Ubisoft open world game
Minecraft Legends Mojang 2023 Link Yet another minecraft spinoff no one asked for. This time it's a real time strategy
Lightyear Frontier Frame Break Spring 2023 Link Factory maker game with mech's
Gunfire Duoyi (Hong Kong) Interactive Entertainment Limited October 2022 Link Roguelite FPS, now on Gamepass
The Last Case of Benedict Fox Rogue, Plot Twist Spring 2023 Link Eldritch Horror Metroidvania
As Dusk Falls Interior/Night July 19 2022 Link Interactive Experience game with a weird style
Naranaka Bladepoint on Xbox game pass 24 Entertainment June 23 2022 Link I dunno, never seen this game before. Probably some Korean MMO
Pentiment Obsidian Entertainment November 2022 Link Murder mystery(?) stylized like the Medival woodcut art. I've read it's supposed to be kinda like Disco Elysium
Grounded Obsidian Entertainment September 2022 Link Honey I shrunk the kids survival game, now out of beta
Ereban Shadow Legacy Baby Robot 2023 Link A stealth game. Lady is really pissed at a bunch of robots
Diablo 4 Blizzard Entertainment 2023 Link Necromancer necromances. Apparently it's open world?
Sea of Thieves Season 7 Rare Entertainment July 21 2022 Link A very cheesy pirate musical piece
Ravenlok Cococucumber 2023 Link Echo Generation looked really fun, so this might be worth looking out for
Cocoon Geometric Interactive 2023 Link Limbo and Inside authors learned to use a different perspective and color palettes
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Team Ninja Early 2023 Link From people who brought you Nioh, not Nioh
Persona 3,4,5 on Xbox Atlus October 21 2022 Link Oh baby a triple
Hideo Kojima Hideo Kojima ? Link He's working on a thing for Microsoft
Starfield Bethesda 2023 Link They finally showed the gameplay and yeah, it's looks great so far. I'm bit worried about maps being empty
Last edited Jun 12, 2022 at 03:35PM EDT

Todd saying Starfield will have 1000 planets is either gonna be his latest "little lie" or it's accurate but like 80% of those planets will either be extremely small or will be mostly barren planets meant more for resource mining or building outposts. It looks like we're back to the pre-Fallout 4 styled protag where they don't speak (I heard apparently Todd later regretted doing a voiced protag for FO4). Game looks good though, lets just hope the typical Bethesda launch jank will be more so the funny kind like Skyrim and less broken like Fallout 76 was at launch.

Kojima working with Microsoft on a game that uses cloud tech was rumored for a good while, though I'm surprised we didn't get much info. I was expecting at least a name or a WIP teaser, as of now we really don't have much to go on. It'll definitely be a very out-there sort of game given this is Kojima after all, and I wonder how he's going to use cloud tech.

Persona 3, 4, and 5 coming to Xbox was the biggest surprise for me. I have a feeling we might later hear about 3 and 4 also heading to PS4 and 5 (and maybe Switch), but having 3 and 4 Golden on a modern console is pretty big in of itself (now if only the PSP remakes of Persona 1 and 2 could hit a modern platform please, at the VERY least maybe Atlus will convince Sony to add them to the PSP section of the classic games tier of PSN).

Silksong having a trailer HERE was surprising, I thought Nintendo would be the ones to show it. Maybe Nintendo will be the ones to give us a date during a future Direct, who knows.

Also man this whole thing is starting to make me realize I probably need to just subscribe to GamePass already, that service is absolutely packed.

PC Gaming Show was agonizing to watch. Outside of New Blood's showcase (because NB always kicks ass) only 3 games and a mod were enough to actually activate my neurons, and one of the games was a remake.

At least they didn't try to be Devolver but absolutely awful this time, so that's a plus.

Now we have yet another rumor on when a Nintendo Direct might happen, this time from Alanah Pearce (former IGN writer and former Rooster Teeth member, now working for God of War studio Sony Santa Monica). During her watch along stream of the Xbox event she said something about how she's confident a Nintendo Direct is likely happening on June 29. According to SpawnWave that's also the same day Nintendo is holding a shareholder conference, so now some are wondering if Pearce might have misheard, but eh who knows at this point.

Also interesting to note, the Final Fantasy twitter account stated they're encouraging streamers to co-stream the upcoming FF7 Anniversary stream so Square can see their reactions. This gives me a strong feeling FF7 Remake Part 2 will be shown off here.

The Capcom showcase was a short one, no big surprises but i'll give you a summary:

Monster hunter Rise Sunbreak: new monsters announced and the release of a Demo (vietnam flashbacks intensify). I like that Gore Magala makes a return

Street fighter 6: Nothing we haven't seen in the other trailers.
a compilation from older fighting games and an arcade collection are also coming, Red Earth is an eyecatcher among the titles.

exoprimal: Team-based action game involving mechas, dinosaurs and an AI overlord.

Dragon's Dogma 10th anniversary: upcoming event for the 10th anniversary for Dragon's Dogma

RE: Village will get some updates including a side story for Rose

RE7, 2 & 3 will get a next-gen port

RE4: What can i say, there wasn't much to see in the trailer. See for yourself

Oh I like the direction they're taking with the Village DLC. I was originally thinking we might get a DLC following Chris and his team going after the corrupted BSAA, but a more personal narrative for Rose is pretty neat to see. The Mercenaries update also looks like it'll get me playing Village Mercenaries again. Also the third person mode is neat, I know this was pretty highly requested by some older fans who prefer being able to see the protag. I get the feeling they're gonna have Ethan adjust his body constantly so the player can't see his face though (it's slightly odd Capcom keeps trying to obscure his face even though we know they modeled it).

That RE4 look was way more brief than I expected, I thought we'd at least get a look at a combat sequence to see if the action prompts are still there, but still it definitely left me wanting to see more.

I dunno if I should make a separate thread for this so I'll post it here:

Supposedly screenshots and detail about a brand new Fire Emblem have been leaked. The leaked info states that it's a 100% brand new FE, NOT a remake of an older title. The game is a co-development venture between Intelligent Systems, Koei-Tecmo, and Gust (the Atelier devs), with Gust handling most of the asset creation so the game is a notable graphical step up from Three Houses. The game stars a protag who has symmetrical blue and red hair that's half-dragon, and one of the main gimmicks of the game is you can summon old FE characters to assist in combat. Supposedly the game has been "done" for a year but Nintendo is waiting on a gap in releases to actually launch it.

The supposed leaked screens are here

Yoooooo, Dragons Dogma and FF7 fans eating good tonight. Dragons Dogma 2 finally confirmed, and for FF7 first they confirmed a remaster of Crisis Core (called Crisis Core Reunion) is coming to all platforms this winter, and finally part 2 of FF7 remake is confirmed for winter 2023 as FF7 Rebirth. Wow FF fans who own a PS5 are gonna be spoiled next year, first XVI in the summer and then FF7 Rebirth in winter.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!