Forums / Media / Video Games

38,606 total conversations in 2,698 threads

+ New Thread

Nintendo Indie World showcase for November 9, 2022

Last posted Nov 09, 2022 at 12:32PM EST. Added Nov 08, 2022 at 01:01PM EST
2 posts from 1 user

As of posting this topic the livestream isn't happening until 12:00 PM EST tomorrow, but I wanted to go ahead and get the thread up.

Should be no surprise at this point of course people are hoping for more Hollow Knight: Silksong stuff, but who knows at this point (some believe Silksong is a high enough profile game to be something that'd get a spotlight in a regular Nintendo Direct, like how Silksong was part of Microsoft's big summer showcase).

For me personally I pretty much never have any real expectations going into these since the majority of announcements at these showcases are of new IPs rather than announcements of sequels, and as a result I'm usually pleasantly surprised by most of what gets shown off. I guess if I had to choose one thing that'd be cool to see, maybe we could see a new Shantae announced?

Yeah a pretty lowkey Indie World overall, nothing really stood out as something that'd make me go "this is absolutely going to be the next big indie hit" but rather "looks nice, might check it out on sale." The game "Unpacking" proved to be a surprisingly comfy and engaging puzzle game based around arranging stuff so that "A Little to the Left" game might radiate a similar feel, and Pepper Grinder looks like the Drill Dozer spiritual successor I didn't know I wanted. "Blanc" was already announced at a previous Indie World but that is one I'm super interested in as I expect it'll either be super heartwarming by the end or something that'll make me cry.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!