Forums / Media / Websites

2,569 total conversations in 244 threads

+ New Thread

TBFP vs. Game Grumps

Last posted Jul 26, 2015 at 02:43PM EDT. Added Jun 07, 2015 at 01:57PM EDT
22 posts from 21 users

Come on man, this stuff is like apples to oranges.
It goes down to your preferences, both have their own style.
I didn't find game grumps all that funny but a close of mine friend does, I find the 2BFP funny but he hates it.
I had a similar argument against inFamous vs Prototype, you can almost never come to an agreement with comparisons like this.

I like both equally, though I will admit that newer Grump episodes don't garner as much laughs as content from the Zaibatsu (though to be fair, I watch Grumps more consistently than the Zaibatsu).

I only watch the Grumps. I might have watched 2BFP if I needed more Let's Play/video game related channels in my subscriptions, but I really don't so yeah.

I really don't get most complaints people have about the Grumps. Like I've been around pretty much from the very beginning and I do not see the decline in quality that other viewers see.

Their both enjoyable to watch in their own respect. The grumps are fun when looking for non-serious game play of old games, and dumb humor anyone can giggle about. While the zaibatsu are quite knowledgeable of the gaming industry, and a goofy bunch of salty tryhards. When it's comes down to it, i usually tend to keep up with the zaibatsu's daily content, and check in on what the grumps are playing every so often.

I kinda watch both of them, but only select stuff.

I've watched TBFP longer, but I've found Game Grumps to be a bit more easily approachable with their 10min episodes, and they often play retro stuff, which I like. The TBFP episodes have started to feel a bit too long in comparison. Of course if there's a game that really interests me, like the Parasite Eve run, then the 30min episodes are great, especially with in depth commentary. But if you miss a couple, they tend to stack up, and get overwhelming.

As for pure entertainment, that's grounds for Grumps. I kinda enjoyed Trauma Center and Sakura Spirit with their voiceovers, even though there was only a little bit of actual gaming, and in case of Sakura Spirit, none.

I didn’t find game grumps all that funny but a close of mine friend does, I find the 2BFP funny but he hates it.
I had a similar argument against inFamous vs Prototype, you can almost never come to an agreement with comparisons like this. The TBFP episodes have started to feel a bit too long in comparison. Of course if there’s a game that really interests me, like the Parasite Eve run, then the 30min episodes are great, especially with in depth commentary. But if you miss a couple, they tend to stack up, and get overwhelming.

If I want a some goofy or riffing type stuff, I watch Game Grumps. When I want a more serious or in depth lets play, I watch TBFP.

I like em both, and I think they do better as different things.

I haven't watched a lot of TBFP, but I've found Game Grumps more and more obnoxious as time has passed, so right now I'm probably at a neutral considering I don't really have an opinion on TBFP.

diana azura wrote:

I didn’t find game grumps all that funny but a close of mine friend does, I find the 2BFP funny but he hates it.
I had a similar argument against inFamous vs Prototype, you can almost never come to an agreement with comparisons like this. The TBFP episodes have started to feel a bit too long in comparison. Of course if there’s a game that really interests me, like the Parasite Eve run, then the 30min episodes are great, especially with in depth commentary. But if you miss a couple, they tend to stack up, and get overwhelming.

Did … Did you just copy and pasted Muumi's and SweetandDelicious's comments and put them together?

Last edited Jul 26, 2015 at 02:29AM EDT

I much prefer Best Friends if I'm looking for a playthrough of a game I can't get for myself for some reason. The longer episodes and (usually) more insightful commentary work best for games I actually care about. Game Grumps is more like popcorn – I'll throw on a random episode for a few laughs and a time-killer when I feel like it.

Great point of comparison here is their respective Bloodborne LPs, which I watched instead of playing it since I can't afford a PS4 on grad school money. The Pat and Wollie actually knew what they were doing and had some neat commentary about strategy and the way the game was put together, and there was some good continuity with their DS2 playthrough. (And holy shit if they ever do a DS1 LP I would watch the everloving shit out of that.) In the Grumps playthrough, they forgot to eat the umbilical cords after going through the effort of gathering three of them, and so had to pull the Moon Presence boss fight from another playthrough on YouTube.

This isn't to say I don't like the Grumps, just that I don't take them nearly as seriously. I watch the Grumps because they're funny, but I watch Best Friends because they're interesting.

Last edited Jul 26, 2015 at 12:36PM EDT

Game Grumps hasn't been good since JonTron.

I used to be a huge fan of Egoraptor, just like I was a fan of PewDiePie in his early days, but they're both way too obnoxious to stand now.

Two Best Friends Play all the way.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!