Forums / Media / Websites

2,569 total conversations in 244 threads

+ New Thread

What do you guys think is the best solution with this DA drama?

Last posted Apr 21, 2016 at 01:11AM EDT. Added Apr 20, 2016 at 10:11PM EDT
5 posts from 3 users

I met a relatively talented artist named FlygonPirate on DeviantART some years ago. She appears to be suffering severe trust and depression issues in the past few years, posting self-depreciating polls and reacting violently to every single person she meets, either by throwing a hissy fit or blocking/hiding their comments outright. When she decided she's done for good, she posted what might be her last journal.

I know she won't ever read this thread (nor will she bother to read my comments if I post it), but do you guys know what should I do to people like this if I face a situation like this in real life?

Tyranid Warrior #1024649049375 wrote:

Do you have any idea why she's doing this? Maybe it's something personal in her life.

One of the biggest issues she repeatedly brought up is "trust issues". She thinks she's been betrayed by people on the internet, and is not willing to trust anyone behind a screen and a keyboard anymore regardless of who they are. While she did say something about real life problems IIRC, she never explained what it was.

Now that seems to be a serious mental problem.

>DeviantART drama
Not even once. My advice is to just ignore it. Those that live off of drama also life off of the reaction to it--whether positive or negative. If she really does have issues, someone PMing her isn't likely to to help very much as she probably has personal/family issues that cannot be addressed over the internet and need to be tackled by her or a mental health professional.

xTSGx wrote:

>DeviantART drama
Not even once. My advice is to just ignore it. Those that live off of drama also life off of the reaction to it--whether positive or negative. If she really does have issues, someone PMing her isn't likely to to help very much as she probably has personal/family issues that cannot be addressed over the internet and need to be tackled by her or a mental health professional.

I guess it's a lose-lose situation here. She doesn't want to be bothered or helped on fear of being stabbed in the back, but on one hand she's keeps posting whiny stuff that invariably attracts attention in her profile ten make excuses for pretty much every contradictory thing she did with circular logic. The best course of action at this point is to, well… oblige her and ignore her for good.

Last edited Apr 21, 2016 at 01:17AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!