Forums / Media / Websites

2,569 total conversations in 244 threads

+ New Thread

New Youtube copyright troll - TRACKS Inc

Last posted Jun 22, 2019 at 07:19PM EDT. Added Jun 21, 2019 at 06:42PM EDT
4 posts from 3 users

Here's something hot off the presses. I found out about this after JobbytheHong made a tweet about how a stream by him had been hit with a copyright notice by a group called "Tracks INC"

The groups a shady bunch. Aside from not having ANY history or music on Youtube, they almost exclusivly strike down streams. Just searching these random titles on Youtube will easily bring up streams that had been claimed and demonitized by this group. I've even seen a fucking anti-corruption conference striked by them.

Aside from that, there's nothing else about these people. It kinda echoes that past MERLIN copyright strikes of yore, but this is clearly a more neferious cashgrab attempt.

Last edited Jun 21, 2019 at 06:42PM EDT

I honestly wonder why after all these years, nobody has made any pitches to rework the USA's music copyright laws.

Nothing but abuse comes from them and the problem even predates the internet.

Last edited Jun 21, 2019 at 09:30PM EDT

One of the numerous problems with copyright laws is that you can commit copyfraud and false copyright claims without punishment and the claim receiver is pretty much guilty until proven innocent.

Evilthing wrote:

One of the numerous problems with copyright laws is that you can commit copyfraud and false copyright claims without punishment and the claim receiver is pretty much guilty until proven innocent.

• >Guilty until proven Innocent

I seriously HATE that approach with a burning passion especially when people try to use in the U.S. The Founding Fathers were adamantly against GUPI because of how commonly it was used to easily dispose of anyone that looked at King George III the wrong way. It's barbaric, draconian and its only practical application is as an easy method of removing opposition to the big guys (in this case, the Record Companies). It's just a tool to keep people down.

Innocent until proven Guilty should be the universal standard for all courts around the world. Then we can get some actual progress as a free society.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!