Forums / Media / Websites

2,569 total conversations in 244 threads

+ New Thread

Youtuber that you used to watch or like

Last posted Sep 08, 2019 at 04:00AM EDT. Added Sep 02, 2019 at 12:35AM EDT
12 posts from 12 users

I thought this would be a good time for a thread about Youtuber you no longer watch or like for one reason or another given that the Youtuber community has been steadily growing. Maybe this topic has existed before, but whatever.

QuintonReviews: I used to watch him since I was interested in his content, I recalled that I have first watched him covering Power Ranger Super Megaforce , but after discovering those incidents where he acts like an immature jerk who can't take criticism (which isn't about his content I might add) on Twitter, I just decided to stop watching his content altogether.

Nostalgia Critic: Pushing the notorious Channel Awesome implosion aside, I ended up grew to dislike Nostalgia Critic. I thought he was funny, but now I found his humor to be pretentious or/and drags way too long. He's also bad at tackling technical aspects and often misses the point then complains about it.

Let me take an example of his Rise of TMNT review. He got all confused over Leonardo's "So, you're from New Jersey?" line and said that's something everyone can make a joke of and doesn't say much. That was done to establish that this Leonardo is far more carefree and relaxed compared to other versions of the character, and he later said he wanted to make a joke like this in a situation where they're in danger.

Mysterious Mr. Enter: Back then I used to watch his videos on ripping bad episode regularly, but now I don't think he's a good reviewer. Mr. Enter doesn't break down any technical aspects in an interesting way when compared to RebelTaxi or Cosmodore. He also spends too much time rambling on something minor and takes stuff way too personally.

NegativeLegend: For those who don't know, NegativeLegend covers TCG and other merchandise driven show. I will admit that my reasoning is silly. He said one major thing that people like Bakugan is the Masquerade twist, which is correct. Then he claims Masquerade is a trans. Even since then, I stopped watching his videos regularly except that one time where he covers Monsuno.

I would also list Mother's Basement (Yes, I admit that I have watched him before), but I gave up since I can't come up with a good reasoning on why. I just thought his videos are a miss when he's not analyzing OP, which he has been straying away lately.

Last edited Sep 02, 2019 at 12:35AM EDT

YourMovieSucksDotOrg (YMS) peaked in 2014.

What he's done to his content is very puzzling. He used to have a genius blend of clever humor and tasteful nitpicking to his content, but now it's gone and replaced with his boring personality. All of his pre-Cool Cat videos have this immense quality that is so timeless, charming and consistent that I can't help but feel like it's two separate Youtube channels at a certain point.

>QuintonReviews

Same. kinda. I watched a few of his videos and subscribed, and then unsubscribed about 2 months later. He had some interesting, but I ended up not liking most of his videos.

Failblog: was nice back in ~2007, 2008

The Amazing Atheist, and Thunderf00t: I liked them both back in 2008 – 2012 when they talked about religion and science, then they moved into obsessing over anita and other feminists and it had 0 substance and became very annoying.

Philip defranco: He started making the first half of all his videos about his own personal life and kid, rather than talking about the news, and got tired of that and unsubscribed. He was also a fence sitter which annoyed me.

Two/Super Best Friends Play

It's the only youtube channel I followed consistently throughout its entirety. I have been unable to find something else to fill in the gap since they broke up. I tried following their independent channels, but I don't find them as entertaining so I stopped doing so. They aren't as funny on their own accord as when they were all together.

I used to really like Mysterious Mr. Enter back in his early days, but I think around 2014 or so I dropped off, and I think a part of it is because I felt like his videos started getting too nitpicky.

I'm very off and on when it comes to Game Grumps, I like Dan, Ross, etc, it's more so Arin who keeps being a real "love him some days, hate him on others" sort of guy. Sometimes he's hilarious and works off Dan super well, other times he fells like a stick in the mud or his gameplay just frustrates the crap out of me since often he does that annoying thing of blaming the game for his own mistakes.

There was this one Argentinian YouTuber called "Deigamer" I used to watch uh… don't remember when exactly, 2013-ish, idk exactly why I stopped, I just felt that the energy that he gave off kinda changed.

Used to watch the nostalgia critic too, I stopped once he started reenacting the movies, I’ve gone back and watched him and idk how I enjoyed him so much, he makes some good points but he’s so high pitched

I used to watch jacksepticeye back in 2015, just kindof stopped watching his stuff when he uploaded, then he seemed to get more and more “generic youtube gamer” and i just unsubscribed

I used to enjoy watching a german letsplayer named Gerugon, since he has nice, calm commentary and played plenty of games I like (oldschool rpgs, Dwarf Fortress, Rimworld, X-com etc)

Unfortunately he became obsessed with Factorio at some point and almost exclusively plays that now.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!