Forums / Media / Books & Comics

1,014 total conversations in 114 threads

+ New Thread

COMICS, Do you read them?

Last posted Jun 26, 2018 at 06:18PM EDT. Added Jun 25, 2018 at 05:58AM EDT
3 posts from 3 users

Hi,

After a long time reading comics, I found that I could no longer really stomach them like I could. Although my diet of it is pretty much zero at the moment, the tail end of me ending my comics obsession of ~20 years in my late 20s basically involved me reading only stuff from the smaller imprints like Wildstorm or Vertigo like Planetary, Fables, Transmetropolitan or Starman. I think the last "mainstream" comic I was following was Justice Society of America, but I think after one of DC's big "events," it also got wrecked pretty badly.

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1331209&start=120
Product animation studio

Thanks!

Last edited Jun 25, 2018 at 05:58AM EDT

I read manga if that counts.

If not, then the last time I read a comic was in my community college days when I read The Adventures of Tintin, particularly the Golden Crab episode. In case you're not familiar with it, it's basically a comic series about a Belgian detective named Tintin who travels around the world to solve crime, usually with his pet dog Snowy (or "Milou" in the original French language comics).

My personal time with comics, not manga, has been on-off these days as well, mainly because I spend most of my time playing video games, so that's that.

When I have the time, I bury my head in comics of all ranges, whether if it is Marvel, DC, Vertigo, Image, Valiant, etc. or indie territory like Abstract Studios or Avatar Press.

I can't deny that I follow a significant number of series (I'm super hooked with The Manhattan Projects at the moment) but one that I could consider "recent" in terms of discovery is Sergio Bonelli Editore, with works like Dragonero, Le Storie or, the most surprising of all and that I had no idea it began like that, Martin Mystère.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!