Forums / Media / Books & Comics

1,014 total conversations in 114 threads

+ New Thread

Warhammer 40k Lore Question: Was the Horus Heresy preventable?

Last posted May 05, 2019 at 07:33PM EDT. Added May 04, 2019 at 08:18PM EDT
2 posts from 2 users

Hey this is a question/open discussion dedicated to any fans of 40k on the site. Was the Horus Heresy preventable at best or capable of being lessened to a degree at worst? I know most people ask this question but I wanna hear your guys opinions on what could have been done to prevent it from happening.

I personally think the "Humbling" of the Word Bearers, humiliation of Lorgar and Burning of Manarchia could have been fully avoidable if Emps actually talked to Lorgar about why religion isn't needed in the newly forming imperium and redirecting Lorgars reverence of Emps as a god incarnate to the reverence of humanities accomplishments and goals.

Is hard to tell, it depends on how unavoidable Tzeentch and Nurgle fate powers are. There is evidence that the future in Warhammer 40k is fixed and control by Tzeentch and that Nurgle eventualy "winning" is unavoidable and that Nurgle is at least partially omnicient (counting how he seems to know everything that happens everywhere) but there is plenty of evidence that it isn't as well. Games Workshop wants to keep it a mistery.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!