Forums / Fun! / Creative

11,725 total conversations in 468 threads

+ New Thread

Indie Game Club!

Last posted Jan 04, 2015 at 05:27PM EST. Added Jan 04, 2015 at 03:03PM EST
3 posts from 3 users

So you wanna make a game, huh? Cool!

Oh, but, you can't code? Or maybe you're bad at character design? Or maybe you just can't write good plots?

Oh well, guess you just can't make that game…

Unless… You come here!

Have a really good idea for a game, but you can't do everything on your own? Come here and ask for help! Build up a little development group or something!

But, don't just barge into this thread… Say what you're good at, like "I can code", or "I can draw concept art!". And if you want to talk about your game ideas, first of all, don't just talk about it just because, only share if you actually want to work on it. And it would be a good idea to talk about what you need, like "I have a game idea. The genre is this, and the plot is this…. But I need someone to write the dialogue." Something like that.

I can't code or voice act or draw. But I can write plots, dialogues, personalites, etc., etc….. And I can make character designs, but I can't actually draw them.

I don't have the software nor talent to do anything that is needed to make a game.
However, I can come up with some pretty nifty game concepts, like this, which I posted on Steam Off-Topic:
I have an idea.
A free to play, MOBA styled, First Person Grenade Bash.
The game doesn't level you up like regular FPS's but instead offers you multiple "classes", each with a different style of grenade and grenade usage. There will be an arena/map which makes the players attack each others main tower (with turrets outside the main base of each team) or just Deathmatch, to have a nice FPS experience.
Each class will have a specific niche.
For example, let me give you three class ideas:

The Pitcher: throws a fast, hard to see grenade that has a low AoE but highly increased damage. He/she has lowered health then most characters but moves exceptionally fast.

The Grunt: Armed with regular grenades, he has medium health and has the most adaptable playstyle. He moves at regular speed.

The Juggernaut: This character focuses on widespread, AoE damage and has high health at the cost of lowered effective range and speed. His grenades are slow moving with high damage and AoE

In game, you earn "Merc Coins" for kills, assists and helpful actions, you can use these "Merc Coins" for upgrades and game changers. These are not persistent and only remains consistent during the match, so everyone who plays the game will have an equal chance. They can also change the way each class plays.

For example, the Pitcher can get an upgrade which allows him to charge his grenade toss to throw it exceptionally far but at the cost of reduced movement speed during the charge.
However, if you play a certain class a lot and use a certain ability a lot, you will earn a persistent "perk" that makes you shine a bit better in using that ability.

For example, landing direct hits a lot of the time as the Pitcher will give you a slight slowdown effect which slows down players a bit on a direct hit.
This is to encourage players to learn and use each class.

Cosmetics are also in the game (such as hat, T-Shirts, boots, etc.) to give each player a little variety and a unique look. Grenades can also customized, giving them a little heart sparkle after they explode, or to have a small noise clip play when they explode, such as a short clip of Ride of the Valkyries.

The artstyle would have to similar to Borderlands with more emphasis on bright colours (Neon Green/Pink) and less pixel shading.

Just my idea that I've had for a long time.

Last edited Jan 04, 2015 at 04:19PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!