Forums / Fun! / Forum Games

64,398 total conversations in 719 threads

+ New Thread

KYM Brawl

Last posted Nov 15, 2014 at 04:01AM EST. Added Sep 04, 2014 at 07:59PM EDT
181 posts from 26 users

Here comes my first forum game, and it's ridiculously complex! Who knows if anyone will even want to deal with all this nonsense I've thought up.

KYM BRAAAAAWWWWLLL

(vaguely based on the Glitz Pit RP on the Brawl in the Family forums)

Basically, this is an open-ended arena combat RP. Just make up whatever character you want and engage in non-meme-related gladiatorial fun!

Everyone starts with 2 skills, 2 attributes, 1 weapon, 1 super, 200 HP, and 5 max SP, most of which can be upgraded to get more. You'll be pitted against your opponent in one of many battle arenas. Simply take any action(s) you want, send them to me via PM, and I'll roll you an RNG to determine how successful you are. I'll explain more about combat later, but it's not much more complex than that.

Character Name: I shouldn't have to explain this.

Username: Hopefully you’re not one of those guys with the blank usernames.

Appearance: A description of your character’s appearance.

Bio: A description of your character’s personality and backstory.

Skills: Select two from the list of skills. You can also buy customized skills in the shop later.

Attributes: Select two from the list of attributes. Bustom attributes can also be bought.

Weapon: Your initial weapon will be of your own design, but I’ll assign its stats to it and it won’t have any special abilities. You can pick any weapon as long as it fits within the five basic categories listed below. Your interpretations of the categories can be loose; feel free to make a hammer and categorize it as an axe-type weapon, or give your character thrown tennis balls, or something.

Super: Supers are powerful moves with unpredictable effects. They take 2 skill points per use and can only be used once per fight. You can design them yourselves, but be warned that I’ll have to approve it first; you can’t have a super that can OHKO everyone else on the battlefield. I also reserve the right to revoke your super (or any custom skills/attributes) if it turns out to be more broken than it initially appears.
Skills are special combat abilities your character has. Simply put the skill you'll be using in your action PM and your character will activate it, at the cost of 1 SP. SP are basically the same thing as PP in Pokemon; you have a maximum of 5 SP per fight initially, but you can buy more in the shop. Be warned that you can't use any Skill two turns in a row.
Skills List:
• Weapon Summon – If you drop your weapon, use of this Skill will return it to your hand, even from far away.
• Phase Shift – Your molecules get all rearranged, causing you to become intangible for the duration of the turn. You cannot harm your opponent, but in turn you cannot be harmed.
• Hadouken – Fires a large, powerful energy beam. Only accessible with the Fisticuffs weapon.
• Exploding Projectile – Any projectile you fire via weapon or Attribute will explode on contact with anything, dealing heavy damage to obstacles and enemies alike.
• Boxcars – The thing about Hearts Boxcars is that HE ALWAYS ROLLS BOXCARS. Guarantees a roll of 8 or above on your roll.
• Disable – Cancels the effects of all opponents’ Skills and Abilities with regards to yourself for one turn.
• Vision – It’s the future you can see. Any attacks aimed at you are guaranteed to miss the turn after this Skill is used.
• Poisonous Projectiles – Applies a poison effect to your next weapon-fired projectile. All opponents hit take 2% their total HP in damage per turn for the next five turns.
• Teleport – That was a really nice teleport! Teleport to any location on the battlefield. Beware, however; using this move more than three times in one fight may result in teleportation sickness.
• Random Skill – This Skill transforms into a random other skill upon entering combat.
• Copy Ability – Using this skill and making physical contact with an opponent allows you to duplicate one of their Skills for the duration of the round.
• Stun – A successfully hit melee attack stuns the foe, rendering them unable to take an action the next turn.
• Astra – Your attack deals five strikes at half damage, each with its own roll.
• Falcon Punch – Your punch will hit after the opponent’s attack, but will deal double the damage as a normal attack. Only accessible with the Fisticuffs weapon.
• Sword Beam – Any melee attack you make can hit the opponent at range for one turn.
• Crisis Mode – An attack that would have otherwise killed you will reduce you to 1 HP the turn this Skill is used.
• Deep Breath – On a turn when not in combat, use of this Skill restores a random HP amount between 1 and 15 percent of your total HP.
• Blind – Produces a flash of light that blinds an opponent for one turn.. Any action they take has a 50% chance of failure.
• High Roller – By spending 10 coins alongside your 1 SP, you gain a random bonus/penalty to your roll from -1 to +7.
• Shove – Your attack knocks the opponent backwards a good distance. Great for knocking them off cliffs and such.
• Custom Skill – When buying an additional Skill from the store, you have the option of creating your own. It must be approved by me first.
Attributes are passive abilities. They are always active, so you don't need to worry about points or anything.
• Icy – Hitting any opponent with a melee weapon on a roll of 8 or above results in a -1 penalty to their next roll.
• Burning – Any opponent that makes physical contact takes 5% their total HP in damage.
• Last Stand – A risky attribute to take. Last Stand gives the user a +5 bonus to all rolls, but deals the user 10% their total HP damage per activation and prevents healing.
• Lods Emone – After each battle, you gain bonus coins equal to half your total damage done, rounded up. What’s that spell? Loads a money!
• Random Attribute – This Attribute transforms into a random other attribute upon entering combat. The suspense!
• Ki Attacks – You can fire energy blasts from your hands. Only accessible with the Fisticuffs weapon.
• Heavily Armored – You take 15% less damage from attacks, but your opponent’s attacks will always hit first, no matter your roll.
• Lightning Quick – Your attacks always hit first, no matter the rolls.
• Quick Burn – You gain a +4 bonus to all rolls the first turn, a +3 bonus the second, a +2 bonus the third, and a +1 bonus the fourth, but from the sixth turn on you take a -1 penalty to all rolls.
• Galeforce – You have double the actions the turn after you deal a KO. Only has any effect in multi-man brawls.
• Poison Immunity – You cannot be poisoned.
• Stunner – Your attacks have a 5% chance to stun the opponent, rendering them unable to take an action the next turn.
• Flexible – You cannot be stunned.
• Hercules – Your melee attacks deal 10% more damage.
• Sniper – Your projectile attacks deal 10% more damage.
• Sidearm – You carry a basic machete that can be used for short-range defense and offense, should your primary weapon fail.
• But Wait, There’s More! – You gain a 15% discount on all store items.
• Weapon Boomerang – A thrown melee weapon will always return f it is not caught by an opponent.
• Super Vision – You can always see, even in total darkness or when blinded by an attack.
• Distractingly Sexy – You are practically nude. Your opponent’s attacks have a 50% chance of missing, but the hits that connect deal double damage.
• Custom Attribute – When buying an additional Attribute from the store, you have the option of creating your own. It must be approved by me first.
Weapons come in five types:
• Swords – Basic weaponry. Cheap, accurate, and reliable, but not the most damaging weapons.
• Axes – Axes deal more damage than Swords, but are liable to miss at lower rolls.
• Throwing weapons – Ranged weapons that are highly damaging, but suffer from lower accuracy. Both thrown weapons and bows have infinite ammunition unless otherwise stated.
• Bows – More accurate but less damaging than thrown weapons.
• Fisticuffs – You fight unarmed. While you are more vulnerable and less powerful than those with weapons, you gain access to certain exclusive Skills and Attributes.
• Other – What could these mysterious weapons be? (Hint: They’re anything I think up that’s not in the other categories.)
You've probably already guessed that additional weapons can be bought in the store.
Fights in this game come in two phases: combat and noncombat. Any turn in which you are attacking or under attack is a combat turn, and any other turn is a noncombat turn. During combat, you can take one action per turn, alongside activating one skill, but during noncombat turns you can take two actions and activate one skill. Anything your character does during the turn, such as "climb ladder," "run toward [opponent]," or "attack [opponent] with [weapon] counts as an action, aside from activating skills which can be done alongside any action.

Every action you take results in a roll between 1 and 10. High rolls equal more successful actions. Rolls of 1 will result in critical failures that will likely damage you alongside failing completely, and rolls of 10 will net you critical hits that deal much more damage or are otherwise very effective. When multiple actions conflict, the higher roller’s action goes first.

There's STILL MORE to explain like arenas and money and such, but that can all be saved until after y'all have signed up and stuff because I haven't figured it all out yet.

Anyway go ahead and sign up and ask me if you have any questions and such

EDIT: woah, that all fit in one post, I'm amazed

Last edited Sep 04, 2014 at 08:00PM EDT

Character Name: Captain Falcon
Username: Captain Douglas J Falcon
Appearance: EXACTLY Like Captain Falcon
Bio: He's Captain Falcon. you know, the galaxy-famous F-Zero Racer/ Bounty Hunter.
Skills: Falcon Punch (Duh), Boxcars. (Assuming we can't buy a custom skill right off the bat.)
Attributes: Burning, BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!
Weapon: Fisticuffs.
Super: Falcon Drunk Driving: Thinking like a combination of Falcon Punch and Shove.

Last edited Sep 04, 2014 at 08:50PM EDT

Character Pizza Guy
Username: Pizza Guy
Appearance:
Skills:Exploding Projectiles, Stun
Attributes:Distractingly Sexy
Weapon: Throwing Weapons
Super: Hot Sauce

Last edited Sep 04, 2014 at 08:39PM EDT

Character Name: Alice the Demonslayer

Username: Alice Der Dämonentöter

Appearance: Pic 1 Pic 2

Bio: What was meant to be a project into creating synthetic life inadvertently turned to flesh. Some say it was divine intervention, and they might be right! This new world Valkyrie is a force to be reckoned with! While happy-go-lucky and sometimes even motherly outside of fights, she can be quite determined when someone is picking on her or the innocent. "Don't mess with the kitty, meow!~"

Skills: Stun, Random

Attributes: Hercules, Super Vision

Weapon: Halberd

Super: Devour – Because who needs other internal organs when you're a hungry feline construct?
Alice eats the opponent alive, basically. Opponent can only take 'escape' movements. Take (not set yet) damage per turn, opponent must beat a 6 to escape. Once they escape, Alice's next 3 rolls will take a diminishing -6 (-6 1st turn, -4 next turn, -2 last turn).

Sound alright?

Last edited Sep 04, 2014 at 08:47PM EDT

Character Name: Mister It
User Name: Rorschach
Appearence: Wears a black fedora and trench coat, has no facial features, pale white skin
Bio: A dream-monster that haunts people in their nightmares and is nothing more than a dick. Suddenly, he gets an upgrade and becomes a fighter in an arena for some reason.
Skills: Disable, Stun
Attributes: Sniper, Lighting Fast
Weapon:Throwing Weapons
Super: Nightmares: Long range version of stun that also gives the enemy a 50% chance at failure for their next 2 turns after recovering from the stun.

Last edited Sep 04, 2014 at 09:01PM EDT

Character Name: Slime

Username: Mr.Stalker

Appearance:

Bio:This slime escaped from a wizard's tower, and is now going to fights, becuase it wants to prove it's own worth, can be a bit of a copycat

Skills:Copy Ability, random skill

Attributes: random attribute, poison immunity

Weapon: Fisticuffs, Slime

Super: Copycat, Super that will Copy the Enemy

Character Name: Thoaryn

Username: Spider-byte

Appearance: Wearing a standard viking gear with a sleeveless chestpiece with a pauldron on the right side. He wears a distinctive helmet that looks like a standard viking helmet but with a chrome colour and white wings on the side. Thoaryn has a muscly build but is somewhat short. He has a face with strong features and one eye is scratched. He also has a long-ish golden blond beard and hair.

Bio: A viking that when he died and ascended to Valhalla, he felt that although he loved the wenches and the feasts, he disliked fighting because he felt there was no greater cause and that is was meaning less. He discussed to the Allfather Odin who promptly decided to send him as champion for the arena.

Skills: Weapon Summon, Stun

Attributes: Hercules, Weapon Boomerang

Weapon: Axe (Can it be thrown, but limited to itself and no extra ammo) Arm-Cleaver. A double edged hatchet made to look like sharp wings made with a thick chrome coloured metal. And has engravings by Odin himself.

Super: Tornado, summons a tornado out of the weapon that pushes back any close by enemies into the nearest wall etc.

This alright?

Spooky Pizza wrote:

Character Pizza Guy
Appearance:
Skills:Exploding Projectiles, Stun
Attributes:Distractingly Sexy
Weapon: Throwing Weapons
Super: Hot Sauce

To distracting…. This image needs an NSFW tab

@Pizza Guy
You can have two attributes. I guess you could have only one attribute if you wanted, but you'd be at a disadvantage. Also, you can give your super any function you want, unless you just want me to make something up.

@Spider-byte
Any melee weapon can be thrown (aside from the fisticuffs for obvious reasons). You're good Just be aware that if you're out of SP and you throw it, you'll be out of a weapon if your target manages to catch it.

@madcat
I didn't put any supers because they're character-specific. You make it yourself; you can either give specific stats like Alice did or just put down your general idea and I'll assign it its stats. And yeah, quick burn resets between battles.

@everyone else
Everything looks good. I'm reluctant to preemptively say "you're all approved" since I don't want to end up with too many approved apps to handle in one game, but I'm doubtful it'll get to that point.

Character Name: Mr. Diddlez

Username: Sir-Soundwave

Appearance:

Bio: Simply know as the Champion of diddling for several years now thus he wears his bag to hid his face since he's ashamed of being a diddler

Skills: Stun, Astra

Attributes: Distractingly Sexy, Custom Attribute

Weapon: Fisticuffs

Super: Time to Diddle

Last edited Sep 04, 2014 at 10:01PM EDT

Character Name: Solaire of Astora
Username:Sergeant Arch Dornan
Appearance:

Bio: Undead who is looking for his own sun.
Skills: Astra,Teleport
Attributes: Burning, But wait there's more
Weapon: He uses his Sunlight Straight Sword and has a limited amount of Lightning Spears
Super: Summons Sunbros to aid

Last edited Sep 04, 2014 at 10:32PM EDT

Character Name: Honeytiger.

Username: Honeytiger.

Appearance: A levitating banana.

Bio: An insane wizard from another dimension reincarnated as a magical banana.

Skills: Astra, Random skill.

Attributes: Super vision, Random attribute.

Weapon: Sword.

Super: Death From Abeeve: Summons swarm of one thousand bees which covers the arena(Or just part of if if this is too broken). Bees can attack each player up two twenty times(Or less if twenty is too much), one bee is used up every time it hits. Bees do low damage, but can stun if ten or more hit in one turn. Bees do not attack the player who used Death From Abeeve for three turns, then player loses psychic connection to the bees, and they start leaving the arena at a rate of 250 bees per turn. Bees may be killed by other players, attacks have low accuracy but all are OHKO on the bees, firing into the middle of the swarm may hit multiple bees.

Is this good? Too many bees?

Last edited Sep 04, 2014 at 10:32PM EDT

Character Name: WaffleSS

Username: OTL

Appearance:

Bio: Currently implementing the final solution of the breakfast question. Also in war with the Breakfast Tea, Vodka, Bacon, Maple syrup and pretty much every other breakfast menu. But it has Spaghetti and Onigiri as its allies….

Skills: Exploding Projectile, Deep Breath

Attributes: Lightning Quick, Sniper

Weapon: Sturmwaffle 14 (A bow I guess…)

Super: Call support
Calls a random reinforcement that stays 2-3 turns, the said reinforcement lists are:

Onigiri, Spaghetti and Wafflekampftwagon IV, or Wafflegrenadier

But also have the chance of spawning enemies instead:

Breakfast tea, Vodka, Bacon, Maple Syrup, Pancake, Toast

Edit: any one see the image? I only see the box _

Last edited Sep 04, 2014 at 10:22PM EDT

Character Name: Sonic Prime
Usarname: Sonic Prime
Apperance:

Bio: When the Sonic Universe got crossed with the Transformers one, many Autobots desided to take some atributes from their visitors. One of them, Sonicsound who was getting promoted to Prime status, decided to take not only the apperance of his leader Optimus, but also from the hero called Sonic The Hedgehog. Thus, Sonic Prime was born.

Skills: Stun and Shove

Atributes: Lighting Quick, Flexible

Weapon: Fisticuffs (or a Obsidian Sword)

Super: The homing attack energized by energon.

Character Name:Giantdad
Username:Artyom the not-so Artyom
Apperance:
Bio:Father of giants, makes a livin of rekting casuls and drinkin Mountian dew, was dubed "the legend" and is said to never die.
Skills:1)Stun(I mean I am a giantdad) 2)Astra
Attributes:1)Stunner 2)Lighting Quick(because reasons!)
Weapon:Sword(2 handed Chaoshander)
Supermove:An etremely strong slash that has a short-medium range to balance it out(Fire the bass cannon! P.S, damage still under thought.)

Last edited Sep 04, 2014 at 10:46PM EDT

Character Name: TA9000

Username: TripleA9000

Appearance: A human sized wing zero

Bio: He was created to be the ultimate weapon

Skills: Has the zero system that can calculate battle data and predict the future, search eye that is a device that scans that battle field in order to collect data for the zero system and give it a 360 degree view

Attributes: nigh impenetrable gundanium alloy armor

Weapon: Twin Buster Rifle capable of destroying a colony in one shot, Shoulder mounted Gatling guns, two beam sabers.

Super: Full out put Buster Rifle blast. Will destroy anything caught in the blast

Character Name: Ike

Username: madcat

Appearance:

Bio: y'know

Skills: Astra, Sword Beam

Attributes: Quick Burn, Hercules

Weapon: Ragnell

Super: Aether-A two-hit attack. The first hit saps the opponent's life, and the second hit does triple damage.

@ OTL Sorry friend I see the same.
@Op Does having 2 stun related abilities cancel the one of the 2 out, if so I'll have to edit.

Last edited Sep 05, 2014 at 12:08AM EDT

Character Name: Crow

Username: CrowTheMagician

Appearence: A mysterious figure wearing a long billowing black cape with a red sigil motif. Wears a helm made from the skull and backbone of a long defeated enemy that resembles a plague doctor's mask, Crow also wears a brim hat along with the helm. Other features include bone white skin, black messy hair, and two dark voids where the eyes should be (though it could be that's how the mask was made which if that's the case it does raise the question on how Crow can see through it). Claims to change gender when he/she wants and for this occasion decided to be female for now.

Bio: An enigmatic occultists that knows many dark and forbidden secrets of the both the world and the worlds beyond it. What he'/she normally does is a mystery but what can be said is that it normally ends in either Crow stopping some sort of supernatural disaster before it begins or causing one, whether it's on purpose or by accident is left to anyone's interpretation. For one reason or another has decided to join this tournament. At times Crow's humanity has been question as some people believe that Crow is either no longer human or was never human to begin with.

Skills: Telelport, Phase Shift.

Attribute: Burning, Custom Attribute

Weapon: Other

Super: Summons a spirit to assist in battle in one of three way. The first is the obvious deliver damage to an opponent, the other is cause the opponent to suffer intense fear that they will temporarily refuse to fight and the last is temporary possession. Crow has no control which of the three will happen since it's the spirit that does it and while the spirit can't be harmed by conventional means it does have a short time to stay in the battlefield before it goes back to the great beyond. The time it can stay is ten seconds.

Honeytiger wrote:

So when does the game start?
I want to release the beeeeeees

Doctor bees I recommend the plasmid "bee swarm?"that will help with your bee controlling powers.

Will this do?:

Character Name: Mash-Bot.

Username: ButtonMasherBot.

Appearance: A robot with a crust made out of Unobtainium, Mash-Bot stands at an average person's height, coated in gold and some tints of silver. The helmet looks like a knight's helm, with a blue quill at the end of it, and his entire structure appears to be based on a knight armor, besides the slightly larger bulging chest area. The hands look more like gauntlets than anything else, with a large silver wing-shield with a clock inside it at the elbow area. There are two exhaust ports on the back, implying the ability of flight. There is no surefire way to identify if it's referred as a he or a she, though most likely it calls itself by name only.

Bio: A creation that has gone horribly right, Mash-Bot has been equipped to stand heavy attacks, but is less agile than intended. Has a built-in sensor that allows his eyes to switch colors in order to either signal what he's about to do, or just confuse his opponent if something was supposed to happen. Mash-Bot has a data limit he can take at once, but once he does, he won't forget it, making himself a slow learner. He entered the tournament to improve his data, and resume his primary mission, become a true killing machine.

Skills: Copy Ability, Vision.

Attribute: Heavily Armored, Super Vision.

Weapon: Fisticuffs.

Super: Mash-Bot's eyes glow red. The exhaust ports work as a fully functional jet-pack, allowing it to become even more agile for a short period of time, or he can turn it off manually by releasing a large wave of electrons around its body for the remaining time, while staying in the same spot.

@TA9000
You can't make up skills/attributes from the get-go; you have to pick two skills and two attributes from the list. You also only get one weapon, and it can't be a huge laser or something like that. I'd say either hadouken/astra/heavily armored/ki attacks/fisticuffs or sword beam/astra/heavily armored/weapon boomerang/sword would best match what you've put, bot you can pick whatever.

@Artyom
Stun and Stunner could potentially be redundant (there's a chance you'll get a stun on top of a stun), but that's very unlikely to happen. In any case, no, they don't cancel out.

@Crow/Soundwave
You can't get custom attributes from the start, you have to earn money in fights and buy them later. I've already got a lot to keep track of already and I can't just let everyone make up their own skills and attributes, see?

@Honeytiger
I'm not sure when this'll start. I'd originally planned to start it on Monday to make sure I'd gotten a decent amount of players, but with the huge amount of apps I've received already I might start earlier.

@everyone else
Stuff looks good. I'm getting a ton more apps than I'd expected, and while I'm happy too see there's a lot of interest I might not be able to accept everyone. Right now I've got 16 apps, and that could be as many as eight fights to oversee at once. I doubt I'll be able to accept more than 20 apps at the most.

Snickerway wrote:

@TA9000
You can't make up skills/attributes from the get-go; you have to pick two skills and two attributes from the list. You also only get one weapon, and it can't be a huge laser or something like that. I'd say either hadouken/astra/heavily armored/ki attacks/fisticuffs or sword beam/astra/heavily armored/weapon boomerang/sword would best match what you've put, bot you can pick whatever.

@Artyom
Stun and Stunner could potentially be redundant (there's a chance you'll get a stun on top of a stun), but that's very unlikely to happen. In any case, no, they don't cancel out.

@Crow/Soundwave
You can't get custom attributes from the start, you have to earn money in fights and buy them later. I've already got a lot to keep track of already and I can't just let everyone make up their own skills and attributes, see?

@Honeytiger
I'm not sure when this'll start. I'd originally planned to start it on Monday to make sure I'd gotten a decent amount of players, but with the huge amount of apps I've received already I might start earlier.

@everyone else
Stuff looks good. I'm getting a ton more apps than I'd expected, and while I'm happy too see there's a lot of interest I might not be able to accept everyone. Right now I've got 16 apps, and that could be as many as eight fights to oversee at once. I doubt I'll be able to accept more than 20 apps at the most.

So in that case can I change Custom Attribute to Stunner than until I get enough to earn a the old one?

CrowTheMagician wrote:

So in that case can I change Custom Attribute to Stunner than until I get enough to earn a the old one?

Once you get enough money, you can buy any attribute you want (customs included) and add it to your attributes, so you'll have Burning, Stunner, and your custom attribute at the same time, So basically, yeah.

Last edited Sep 05, 2014 at 08:57PM EDT

Snickerway wrote:

@Crow/Soundwave
You can’t get custom attributes from the start, you have to earn money in fights and buy them later. I’ve already got a lot to keep track of already and I can’t just let everyone make up their own skills and attributes, see?

Well damnit, couldn't think of another attribute at the time (Considering I haven't watch that Achievement Hunter WWE 2K14 Let's Play in a while).
I'll just swap the custom for the Hercules attribute then.

Snickerway wrote:

@TA9000

@Artyom

@Crow/Soundwave

@Honeytiger

@everyone else

Alright then i pick sword beam, Heavily Armored, Swords

<OTL> wrote:

Appearance:

Bio: Currently implementing the final solution of the breakfast question. Also in war with the Breakfast Tea, Vodka, Bacon, Maple syrup and pretty much every other breakfast menu. But it has Spaghetti and Onigiri as its allies….

Weapon: Sturmwaffle 14 (A bow I guess…)

Super: Call support
Calls a random reinforcement that stays 2-3 turns, the said reinforcement lists are:

Onigiri, Spaghetti and Wafflekampftwagon IV, or Wafflegrenadier

But also have the chance of spawning enemies instead:

Breakfast tea, Vodka, Bacon, Maple Syrup, Pancake, Toast

Edit: any one see the image? I only see the box _

Finally got the darn photo working.

@HoneyTiger I feel you man… I am just a Waffle… these guys are gonna gobble us up o.0

Last edited Sep 05, 2014 at 10:19PM EDT

Snickerway wrote:

Once you get enough money, you can buy any attribute you want (customs included) and add it to your attributes, so you'll have Burning, Stunner, and your custom attribute at the same time, So basically, yeah.

Okay cool

Character Name: Original Names

Username: I can't make original names

Appearance: Some longed haired cynical white nerd who looks tired

Bio: One day he was thinking of names but he could make an original one

Skills: Weapon Summon and Disable

Attributes: Burning and Super Vision

Weapon: A real Damn Knife (bushwaka form tf2)

Super: Original Name Blast, Kills anyone that doesn't have an original name (or has the affects of a kamehameha)
For added affect here is his voice

Online recording software >>

Character Name: Big Boss

Username: Laika

Appearance:

Bio: The legendary soldier, an outstanding mercenary commander, founder of multiple military organisations, infamous war hero. Considered "The Greatest Warrior of the 20th Century"

Skills: Weapon Summon, Disable

Attributes: Hercules, Lightning Quick

Weapon: A highly customised M1911A1 .45 pistol. Bow I suppose

Super: Utilizing his CQC, Big Boss gets his enemy into a choke hold. This is immediately followed by him shouting "SPIT IT OUT!" or "SHAGOHOD!"

Last edited Sep 06, 2014 at 07:53AM EDT

Okay, everyone. The initial surge of apps has slowed down, so I'll give any stragglers a deadline: tonight, at midnight, or at least before I get the first fight posted. Tomorrow I'll get everything started and y'all can get to brawling.

@Soundwave/TA
Got it.

@everyone else
Everything looks good.

Character Name: Crona the Daemon Swordsman

Username: Sir Crona Et Cetera, et cetera

Appearance:

Bio: A pink haired femboy (Or perhaps mascgirl?) that wields the power of the daemon blade Ragnarok. Ragnarok is an ancient demon sealed away into Crona's blood, giving it a black hue.

Skills: Sword Beam, Hearts Boxcars

Attributes: Lightning Fast, Poison immunity

Weapon: Ragnarok, the Daemon Sword: It's a sword made of blackened blood with a mouth on it. Since it's made out of Crona's blood, it's a part of him and being disarmed will most likely affect him adversely.

Super: Soul Resonance: Crona and Ragnarok's souls resonate as one, allowing Ragnarok can manipulate Crona's blood, thus making him invulnerable to physical attacks. Gives him invuln for an amount of turns that I'll let the GM decide on.

Last edited Sep 06, 2014 at 05:49PM EDT

Character Name: Loafer the Living Bread

Username: PeacockRoy

Appearance:

Bio: Loafer, also known as The Almighty Loaf, was created as the result of a bizarre Christian man and his child accomplices in an experiment meant to find the result of baking Bible verses into bread. After his creation, he became possessed by an evil Darkness and was turned into the Satanic, reality warping character he is today. But frankly, that's the YEAST of his problems.

Skills: Disable, Teleport

Attributes: Super Vision, Burning (fresh out of the oven, even)

Weapons: Fisticuffs, but with a focus on warping things.

Super: The Evil Seed of What You've Done Germinates Within You

Last edited Sep 06, 2014 at 11:57PM EDT

Character Name: King D

Username: MFDOOM

Appearance: Buff shirtless man in karate pants

Bio: After a long day of busting some fools and defending his fighting championships King D knew the KYM brawl would provide his lust for battle

Skills: Hadouken, Falcon Punch

Attributes: Ki Attacks

Super: KING's gamble 3 rolls 3 different effects first one is damage buff second heals third one if higher than 5 also heals the opponent

All right, everyone. The app deadline has passed and we've got the maximum number of players I wanted anyway, so I'll be starting the game in a few minutes once I've gotten the player stats finished.

KYM Brawl Official Fighter List Post

Character Name: Rinzler
Username: Snickerway (NPC)
Appearance: A robed, hooded figure of vague age. His face is covered in scars.
Bio: The announcer’s mysterious right-hand man. He serves as the announcer’s proxy and occasionally fights in the arena.
Skills: Teleport, Astra, High Roller
Attributes: Stunner, Sniper, Lods Emone
Weapon: Grenades – Deal 5d10 damage at long range but return half the damage done to the user if they are used at short range.
Super: ??? (that is, I haven’t thought of one yet)
Character Name: Captain Falcon
Username: Captain Douglas J Falcon
Appearance: EXACTLY Like Captain Falcon
Bio: He’s Captain Falcon. you know, the galaxy-famous F-Zero Racer/ Bounty Hunter.
Skills: Falcon Punch, Boxcars
Attributes: Burning, BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE!
Super: Falcon Drunk Driving – Captain Falcon unleashes a flurry of powerful punches and kicks. Does 5d10 damage and has very high knockback (making it very likely to score a ringout) but has negative priority.
Character Pizza Guy
Appearance:
Skills: Exploding Projectiles, Stun
Attributes: Distractingly Sexy
Weapon: Pepperoni Shuriken (throwing)
Super: Hot Sauce – Does 4d10 damage and burns opponents, dealing 55 their total HP in damage every turn for three turns.
Character Name: Alice the Demonslayer
Username: Alice Der Dämonentöter
Appearance: Pic 1 Pic 2
Bio: What was meant to be a project into creating synthetic life inadvertently turned to flesh. Some say it was divine intervention, and they might be right! This new world Valkyrie is a force to be reckoned with! While happy-go-lucky and sometimes even motherly outside of fights, she can be quite determined when someone is picking on her or the innocent. “Don’t mess with the kitty, meow!~”
Skills: Stun, Random
Attributes: Hercules, Super Vision
Weapon: Halberd (heavy)
Super: Devour – Because who needs other internal organs when you’re a hungry feline construct?
Alice eats the opponent alive, basically. Opponent can only take ‘escape’ movements. Take 5% their total HP damage per turn, opponent must beat a 6 to escape. Once they escape, Alice’s next 3 rolls will take a diminishing -6 (-6 1st turn, -4 next turn, -2 last turn).
Character Name: Mister It
User Name: Rorschach
Appearance: Wears a black fedora and trench coat, has no facial features, pale white skin
Bio: A dream-monster that haunts people in their nightmares and is nothing more than a dick. Suddenly, he gets an upgrade and becomes a fighter in an arena for some reason.
Skills: Disable, Stun
Attributes: Sniper, Lighting Fast
Weapon: Saw Blades (throwing)
Super: Nightmares – Long range version of stun that also gives the enemy a 50% chance at failure for their next 2 turns after recovering from the stun.
Character Name: Slime
Username: Mr.Stalker
Appearance:
Bio: This slime escaped from a wizard’s tower, and is now going to fights, because it wants to prove its own worth, can be a bit of a copycat
Skills: Copy Ability, random skill
Attributes: random attribute, poison immunity
Weapon: Slime Fisticuffs
Super: Copycat – Slime transforms into a duplicate of the enemy. This copies all their skills and attributes as well as their equipped weapon, but not their HP, SP, or super.
Character Name: Thoaryn
Username: Spider-byte
Appearance: Wearing a standard viking gear with a sleeveless chestpiece with a pauldron on the right side. He wears a distinctive helmet that looks like a standard viking helmet but with a chrome colour and white wings on the side. Thoaryn has a muscly build but is somewhat short. He has a face with strong features and one eye is scratched. He also has a long-ish golden blond beard and hair.
Bio: A viking that when he died and ascended to Valhalla, he felt that although he loved the wenches and the feasts, he disliked fighting because he felt there was no greater cause and that is was meaning less. He discussed to the Allfather Odin who promptly decided to send him as champion for the arena.
Skills: Weapon Summon, Stun
Attributes: Hercules, Weapon Boomerang
Weapon: Arm-Cleaver. A double edged hatchet made to look like sharp wings made with a thick chrome coloured metal. And has engravings by Odin himself.
Super: Tornado – summons a tornado out of the weapon that pushes back any close by enemies into the nearest wall etc.
Character Name: Mr. Diddlez
Username: Sir-Soundwave
Appearance:
Bio: Simply known as the Champion of diddling for several years now thus he wears his bag to hid his face since he’s ashamed of being a diddler
Attributes: Distractingly Sexy, Custom Attribute
Super: Time to Diddle – Mr. Diddlez does… something. We’re not entirely sure what, but it does 4d10 damage to all opponents in range and randomly either stuns, blinds, or poisons them.
Character Name: Solaire of Astora
Username:Sergeant Arch Dornan
Appearance:
Bio: Undead who is looking for his own sun.
Skills: Astra, Teleport
Attributes: Burning, But wait there’s more
Weapon: Sunlight Straight Sword
Super: Praise the Sun – Solaire summons two Sunbros (one with a sword and one with an axe) to aid for 1-4 turns. The Sunbros have infinite health and act independently.
Character Name: Honeytiger
Username: Honeytiger
Appearance: A levitating banana.
Bio: An insane wizard from another dimension reincarnated as a magical banana.
Skills: Astra, Random skill
Attributes: Super vision, Random attribute
Weapon: Banana Sword (SCHWING SCHWING SCHWING SCHWING)
Super: Death From Abeeve – Summons swarm of one thousand bees which surrounds Honeytiger. Bees deal 4% total HP to every fighter within range for 3 turns, and every affected player has a 5% chance of being stunned by the bees. Bees will not attack underwater fighters. Bees do not attack the player who used Death From Abeeve for three turns, then player loses psychic connection to the bees, and they start leaving the arena at a rate of 250 bees per turn. Bees will attack all players (including Honeytiger) on their way out but will deal reduced damage (3% first turn, 2% second turn, 1% third turn) and cannot stun. This attack will hit allies turning a team fight.
Appearance:
Weapon: Sturmwaffle 14 (Kinetic)
Super: Call Support – Calls a random reinforcement with infinite HP that attacks independently and stays 2-4 turns, the said reinforcement lists are:
Onigiri – Summoned on roll of 4, 5, or 6. Attacks deal 3d10 damage.
Spaghetti and Wafflekampftwagon IV – Summoned on roll of 7 or 8. Attacks deal 4d10 damage and have 10% chance of poisoning.
Wafflegrenadier – Summoned on roll of 9 or 10. Attacks deal 5d10 damage, hit at range, explode, and have a 10% stun chance.
But also have the chance of spawning enemies instead, which stay two turns and only attack WaffleSS unless someone else attacks them:
Breakfast tea – 50% chance of summoning on roll of 3. Attacks deal 2d10 damage and have 15% chance of causing burn.
Vodka – 50% chance of summoning on roll of 3. Attacks deal 3d10 damage and have 10% chance of poisoning.
Bacon – 50% chance of summoning on roll of 2. Attacks deal 5d10 damage.
Maple Syrup – 50% chance of summoning on roll of 2. Attacks deal 4d10 damage and hit at range.
Pancake – 50% chance of summoning on roll of 1. Attacks deal 7d10 damage.
Toast – 50% chance of summoning on roll of 1. Attacks dead 4d10 damage and have a 100% chance of causing burn.

Part II:

Sonic Prime
Character Name: Sonic Prime
Username: Sonic Prime
Appearance:
Bio: When the Sonic Universe got crossed with the Transformers one, many Autobots decided to take some attributes from their visitors. One of them, Sonicsound who was getting promoted to Prime status, decided to take not only the appearance of his leader Optimus, but also from the hero called Sonic the Hedgehog. Thus, Sonic Prime was born.
Skills: Stun, Shove
Attributes: Lightning Quick, Flexible
Weapon: Obsidian Sword
Super: Energon Homing Attack – Sonic Prime can target a single opponent within his line of sight with this attack. It is guaranteed to hit them at any range and does 6d10 damage. Sonic Prime will travel to their location during the attack.
Character Name: Giantdad
Username: Artyom the not-so Artyom
Apperance:
Bio: Father of giants, makes a livin of rekting casuls and drinkin Mountain dew, was dubbed “the legend” and is said to never die.
Attributes: Stunner, Lightning Quick
Weapon: +5 Chaos Zweihander (blade)
Super: Bass Cannon – A powerful slash that does 6d10 damage and can hit several opponents. However, Giantdad has to be practically on top of his foes to hit them.
Character Name: TA9000
Username: TripleA9000
Appearance: A human sized wing zero
Bio: He was created to be the ultimate weapon
Skills: Sword Beam, Astra
Attributes: Heavily Armored, Weapon Boomerang
Weapon: Beam Saber
Super: Buster Rifle – Fires an incredibly powerful blast that can hit even at extremely long range. When this super is activated, TA9000 charges for one turn, during which he is vulnerable to attack. On the second turn, he fires a beam that deals 7d10 damage.
Character Name: Ike
Username: madcat
Appearance:
Bio: y’know
Skills: Astra, Sword Beam
Attributes: Quick Burn, Hercules
Weapon: Ragnell (blade)
Super: Aether- A two-hit attack. The first hit does 3d10 damage and heals Ike by half the damage done, and the second hit does 9d10 damage but misses on rolls below 5.
Character Name: Crow
Username: CrowTheMagician
Appearence: A mysterious figure wearing a long billowing black cape with a red sigil motif. Wears a helm made from the skull and backbone of a long defeated enemy that resembles a plague doctor’s mask, Crow also wears a brim hat along with the helm. Other features include bone white skin, black messy hair, and two dark voids where the eyes should be (though it could be that’s how the mask was made which if that’s the case it does raise the question on how Crow can see through it). Claims to change gender when he/she wants and for this occasion decided to be female for now.
Bio: An enigmatic occultists that knows many dark and forbidden secrets of the both the world and the worlds beyond it. What he’/she normally does is a mystery but what can be said is that it normally ends in either Crow stopping some sort of supernatural disaster before it begins or causing one, whether it’s on purpose or by accident is left to anyone’s interpretation. For one reason or another has decided to join this tournament. At times Crow’s humanity has been question as some people believe that Crow is either no longer human or was never human to begin with.
Skills: Telelport, Phase Shift
Attribute: Burning, Stunner
Weapon: Chimed Staff (counts as kinetic b/c it shoots hexes)
Super: Summons a spirit to assist in battle in one of three ways, depending on the roll for the super. The first is the obvious deliver damage to an opponent, the other is to cause the opponent to suffer intense fear that they will temporarily refuse to fight and the last is temporary possession. Crow has no control which of the three will happen since it’s the spirit that does it and while the spirit can’t be harmed by conventional means it does have a short time to stay in the battlefield before it goes back to the great beyond. The time it can stay is ten seconds (or, in game time, one turn)
Roll of 1-4: The spirit stuns the foe with fear for one turn.
Roll of 5-7: The spirit deals 5d10 damage.
Roll of 8-10: The spirit possesses the opponent. The possessed foe will not be able to choose their own action the next turn and will instead do whatever the spirit wills.
Character Name: Mash-Bot.
Username: ButtonMasherBot.
Appearance: A robot with a crust made out of Unobtainium, Mash-Bot stands at an average person’s height, coated in gold and some tints of silver. The helmet looks like a knight’s helm, with a blue quill at the end of it, and his entire structure appears to be based on a knight armor, besides the slightly larger bulging chest area. The hands look more like gauntlets than anything else, with a large silver wing-shield with a clock inside it at the elbow area. There are two exhaust ports on the back, implying the ability of flight. There is no surefire way to identify if it’s referred as a he or a she, though most likely it calls itself by name only.
Bio: A creation that has gone horribly right, Mash-Bot has been equipped to stand heavy attacks, but is less agile than intended. Has a built-in sensor that allows his eyes to switch colors in order to either signal what he’s about to do, or just confuse his opponent if something was supposed to happen. Mash-Bot has a data limit he can take at once, but once he does, he won’t forget it, making himself a slow learner. He entered the tournament to improve his data, and resume his primary mission, become a true killing machine.
Skills: Copy Ability, Vision
Attribute: Heavily Armored, Super Vision
Super: Mash-Bot’s eyes glow red. The exhaust ports work as a fully functional jet-pack, allowing it to become even more agile for a short period of time. This gives Mash-Bot the ability to fly around the arena and high speeds while attacking. At any point during the attack (or automatically during its last turn) he can turn it off manually by releasing a large wave of electrons that deals 4d10 damage per turn to all enemies around its body for the remaining time, while staying in the same spot. This super lasts 3 turns.

Part III:

Character Name: Original Names
Username: I can’t make original names
Appearance: Some longed haired cynical white nerd who looks tired
Bio: One day he was thinking of names but he could make an original one
Attributes: Burning, Super Vision
Weapon: The Bushwacka (blade)
Super: Original Name Blast – Original Names fires a large energy blast from his hands. It deals 5d10 damage to all enemies within his line of sight.
Character Name: Big Boss
Username: Laika
Appearance:
Bio: The legendary soldier, an outstanding mercenary commander, founder of multiple military organisations, infamous war hero. Considered “The Greatest Warrior of the 20th Century”
Attributes: Hercules, Lightning Quick
Weapon: M1911A1 .45 Pistol (Kinetic)
Super: Utilizing his CQC, Big Boss gets his enemy into a choke hold. This is immediately followed by him shouting “SPIT IT OUT!” or “SHAGOHOD!” For some reason this does 8d10 damage to his opponent.
Character Name: Crona the Daemon Swordsman
Username: Sir Crona Et Cetera, et cetera
Appearance:
Bio: A pink haired femboy (Or perhaps mascgirl?) that wields the power of the daemon blade Ragnarok. Ragnarok is an ancient demon sealed away into Crona’s blood, giving it a black hue.
Skills: Sword Beam, Boxcars
Attributes: Lightning Fast, Poison immunity
Weapon: Ragnarok, the Daemon Sword
Super: Soul Resonance: Crona and Ragnarok’s souls resonate as one, allowing Ragnarok can manipulate Crona’s blood, thus making him invulnerable to physical attacks. Gives him invuln for 1-3 turns, depending on roll.
Character Name: Loafer the Living Bread
Username: PeacockRoy
Appearance:
Bio: Loafer, also known as The Almighty Loaf, was created as the result of a bizarre Christian man and his child accomplices in an experiment meant to find the result of baking Bible verses into bread. After his creation, he became possessed by an evil Darkness and was turned into the Satanic, reality warping character he is today. But frankly, that’s the YEAST of his problems.
Skills: Disable, Teleport
Attributes: Super Vision, Burning (fresh out of the oven, even)
Weapons: Fisticuffs, but with a focus on warping things.
Super: The Evil Seed of What You’ve Done Germinates Within You – Loafer plants a seed on an extremely close enemy. This causes them to become zombified for two turns, during which they have no control over their actions.
Character Name: King D
Username: MFDOOM
Appearance: Buff shirtless man in karate pants
Bio: After a long day of busting some fools and defending his fighting championships King D knew the KYMbrawl would provide his lust for battle
Skills: Hadouken, Falcon Punch
Attributes: Ki Attacks, Hercules
Super: King’s Gamble – Has 3 effects, depending on roll:
1-3: Heals the nearest fighter to King D (including allies) by 15% their total HP.
4-7: King D’s attack deal 5d10 damage for 2 turns.
8-10: Heals King D by 20% his total HP.

Day One
And now, finally, some actual brawling will happen.

Somewhere, somewhen, twenty-one portals opened up in a strange room. It was entirely empty, save for a single, regulation-size wrestling ring in the center. A bizarre variety of fighters emerged from each of the portals just before they closed.

A voice emanated from somewhere:
"Helloooooo, everyoooone, and welcome to the seventeenth annual KYM BRAAAAAAWL! We've summoned twenty-one champions from around the multiverse to battle in the arena here, and as is tradition, we're starting things off with one of our famed free-for-alls. Everyone brawls in the arena, and the last man standing wiiiiins! So what are you waiting for? Get to brawling!"
~~
Anyway, basically what you'll do here is beat everyone else up. To take your turn, send me a PM like this:

-Send me a PM with the title "KYM Brawl: Day [number], Turn [number]." This is Day One, Turn One, for example.

-Every combat turn, take one action, and every noncombat turn, take two actions. (You'll all always be in combat turns in this particular fight so you'll all just be taking one action per turn.) Everything you do (including activating supers) counts as an action except for activating a skill, which can be done on top of your turn actions.

-To activate a skill, put "Activate Skill: [skill name]" at the top of your PM above your actions. Similarly, to use a Super, just put "Use Super on [opponent]" down as your action.

-Your deadline to send in your move is two days from now, on Tuesday.

Now, go and kill!

Last edited Sep 07, 2014 at 10:43AM EDT

I think I want to change my character's abilities before I make my first move, is that OK or am I stuck with what I have?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!