Forums / Discussion / General

232,908 total conversations in 7,790 threads

+ New Thread

I just attacked a bear.

Last posted Jul 11, 2011 at 05:14PM EDT. Added Jul 11, 2011 at 12:55PM EDT
12 posts from 9 users

So, I was inside my tiny wooden shack in Northern Canada, when suddenly
A WILD BLACK BEAR APPEARS!

He was a pretty small one, probably only a year old. He might have smelled the salmon dinner I ate last night. Still, I shat some bricks, because I don't have a gun, and I couldn't tell if it's mother was snooping around.
I tried to scare him off with an airhorn, but he didn't get the message. So, naturally, I threw a rock at it. He ran off, but I've seen him around the house twice since….
tl;dr: I tangled with a bear.

Piano wrote:

You threw a rock at it…. Even though it was young and wasn't showing any signs of violence.

Young or not, you want a bear to be far away from you. Besides, scaring it away would ensure that he wouldn't have to use lethal force if it DID show signs of violence.

SilverMonGoose wrote:

Young or not, you want a bear to be far away from you. Besides, scaring it away would ensure that he wouldn't have to use lethal force if it DID show signs of violence.

Well, that is a good point. Besides, I guess even a small bear is tough enough to take a rock to the ribs and not really care.

I hardly think the bear was going to attack you. In fact, you're lucky throwing the rock didn't provoke him into attacking you.
Just be warned, because in Soviet Russia, bear attacks YOU!!!

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!