Forums / Discussion / General

232,916 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

In light of Google +'s +1, KYM-Tan would like you to know...

Last posted Jul 13, 2011 at 02:48PM EDT. Added Jul 12, 2011 at 11:30PM EDT
19 posts from 9 users

There's a KYM-Tan, Deadpool-Kun, and Submissions Senpai that I know of. I think there have been others.

Also, saying "+1 Confirm," "+1 Deadpool," and "+1 Wait" was a way that mods would comment on a meme entry to each other to share their opinion of how complete or valid a submission was. Soon enough, other users started doing it, then there was a big misunderstanding among users that they could vote something into confirmation or purgatory. But the comments can still be taken as a general picture of how people feel about the completeness of a meme entry.

I'm not saying KYM was first. People have used +1 elsewhere before. But now that Google has their own more popular +1, it might not be a bad idea to think about integrating it into the comments section somehow to help shift that behavior toward something more useful.

Ah. Thanks, Onion. This was the first I had heard of any of those 3.
I sort of knew the thing about the confirm/deadpool/wait. I guess "+1 work" was introduced by the fans?

All I have to say is:

• I don't like website anthropomorphism much unless it actually gets the personality of the site.
  • I see these hipster kind of jokes all the time now, and they're starting to get very dry.
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!