Forums / Discussion / General

232,915 total conversations in 7,792 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
KYM Pony General III: This time, it's personal

Last posted Dec 15, 2011 at 11:43AM EST. Added Nov 01, 2011 at 07:41PM EDT
9915 posts from 105 users

Wightprincess wrote:

This thread needs more TF2 ponies, so here you go. On that note, I post way too much in this thread, so I'm going to go play TF2.

Like a bawss.

Can i join?
Edit: Sweet! Page get >:3

Last edited Nov 03, 2011 at 11:55PM EDT

Berry Punch wrote:

I don't know what species you all are. I would bet you are all human except for Colgy, me, and badsitrep. (He likes to come over for favors.)

P.S. It was hard to understand your last few posts with ponify on. That is one good human-made plugin. Makes understanding you a lot easier usually.

NottaWotta wrote:

Can i join?

Am i literally THE ONLY ONE that thinks pinkie is the soldier and spike is the pyro?

Also "Zis is rainbow scout, I make me cry! over."

RandomMan confirmed for Best Fisherpony.

What do you mean, "bunny?"

Kinda hoping for a silent Angel-centric or pet-focused short the future. Like in some of the shorts of the Pokèmon movies or the Peanuts movies where you can't see the main characters' faces or the adults' faces, respectively.

NottaWotta wrote:

Can i join?

Sure brah. I'm not playing on any special servers or anything. You in the Brotherhood? You can find me in there.

@Verbose I think that's a riding crop, not a fishing pole. He's dressed like a jockey, at least.

Last edited Nov 04, 2011 at 12:19AM EDT

Wightprincess wrote:

Sure brah. I'm not playing on any special servers or anything. You in the Brotherhood? You can find me in there.

@Verbose I think that's a riding crop, not a fishing pole. He's dressed like a jockey, at least.

Sure, it is, Owens…

Sure, it is…

Actually, just covering up for my own ignorance. I've never even heard of a riding crop before.

@Dr. Raymond Stantz
I'd like to see more Rarity, so I'm definitely looking forward to the next episode more than the Cutie Pox episode. I'm not too keen on Sweetie Belle (nothing against her, though,) but Rarity at her best is very entertaining. The Cutie Pox episode doesn't seem bad though.

Last edited Nov 04, 2011 at 12:29AM EDT

Ashki wrote:

Okay, now that we got the insanity out of the way, only 2 more days till a new episode, though me? I'm looking forward to the cutie pox one a bit more then the next one.

Same here. I just hope there isn't another 2 week gap between new episodes again for awhile.

Ashki wrote:

Okay, now that we got the insanity out of the way, only 2 more days till a new episode, though me? I'm looking forward to the cutie pox one a bit more then the next one.

Two days? Unacceptable. This calls for a brony cliche. Apple Bloom, do the honors.

Yeah, the cutie pox one is the episode that has my interest.

@Verbose You never know with me. I didn't label myself as Deranged and Insane for nothing.

Pickles! PICKLES EVERYWHERE!

Last edited Nov 04, 2011 at 12:29AM EDT

Verbose wrote:

Sure, it is, Owens…

Sure, it is…

Actually, just covering up for my own ignorance. I've never even heard of a riding crop before.

@Dr. Raymond Stantz
I'd like to see more Rarity, so I'm definitely looking forward to the next episode more than the Cutie Pox episode. I'm not too keen on Sweetie Belle (nothing against her, though,) but Rarity at her best is very entertaining. The Cutie Pox episode doesn't seem bad though.

Yeah, I stated my thoughts on Rarity, she's not my favorite, but if I got to get through a Rarity episode to get to the Cutie Pox episode, so be it, though it's funny, I like Sweetie Belle, so that might help out a bit.

Same here. I just hope there isn’t another 2 week gap between new episodes again for awhile.

Same here, though hopefully they won't. I bet they just reaired the Luna one since it was Halloweencentric and such, but that's just me.

Ah, so there is a clip of Apple Bloom saying she wants it now. I was looking for that but I couldn't find it.

Last edited Nov 04, 2011 at 12:35AM EDT

Verbose wrote:

Sure, it is, Owens…

Sure, it is…

@Dr. Raymond Stantz

That gif… I'd like to find some music to go with it…

Iamslow wrote:

Same here. I just hope there isn't another 2 week gap between new episodes again for awhile.

According to reliable rumors, we should have at least through Episode 8 with no more breaks.

Break-ins, however…

Well, you know you can't stop Pinkie Pie.
Guess if Verbose is working on his paper right now or is browsing through tumblrs and Ponibooru?

Last edited Nov 04, 2011 at 12:37AM EDT

Verbose wrote:

According to reliable rumors, we should have at least through Episode 8 with no more breaks.

Break-ins, however…

Guess if Verbose is working on his paper right now or is browsing through tumblrs and Ponibooru?

Is she dressed like Cap'n Crunch…?

Ahem.

I'm going to guess you're being awesome and getting your pony on.

Verbose wrote:

Break-ins, however…

I'm going to take a guess and say the latter.

I've probably posted more images on this page than I do on most days…perhaps something is up with me.

And yeah, the "break-in" is from the Ask Pinkie Pierate tumblr. She breaks into Celestia's castle and demands all of her treasure. She threatens the princess with tickling otherwise.

Celestia yielded.

Verbose wrote:

Break-ins, however…

No breaks for afew weeks? That's acceptable. I suppose. Thanks for the info.

And first Pinkie Pierate will take Celestia's treasure… but then

Her throne!

Last edited Nov 04, 2011 at 01:04AM EDT

Cite wrote:

Ugh, I've been gone for 5 pages, tl;dr.

What'd I miss?

Oh Ambassador! I've talked with Ideo and I need you to secure mining rights for some corprations in the mountains near Ponyville.

Long Story short, Rarity needs a metric fucktonne of gems and we need to provide it to her.

Can you bring that up with the Princess next time you're there?

Ugh… Goddammit…
Protip: Don't stay up until 3:30am watching ponies if you have lectures in the morning. I imagine this is what it feels like to be a zombie with a hangover.

Leisure wrote:

Holy Crap My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic MEME ENTRIES HITS 4 MILLION VIEWS! Thats a new milestone!

Is it just me, or is the main page getting less views now? I swear we got from 2 million to 3 million in just a few weeks back in July or something.
Anyway, that's pretty awesome. I was here when we raced Forever Alone to 2 million. I've never had so much fun repeatedly pressing a refresh button. I'm sure in the end we got something crazy like 75,000 views in a day. Good to know the main page is still going strong.

nukefire wrote:

Am i literally THE ONLY ONE that thinks pinkie is the soldier and spike is the pyro?

I think Pinkie deserves the role of pyro. She seems like the sort of pony that would enjoy setting fire to things.

Dr. Raymond Stantz wrote:

Okay, now that we got the insanity out of the way, only 2 more days till a new episode, though me? I’m looking forward to the cutie pox one a bit more then the next one.

Yeah, same here. I've been trying to avoid spoilers, so I don't know much about either episode. All I know is a brief synopsis of The Cutie Pox, and that this Saturday we have a Rarity episode. I wasn't that big a an of the Rarity episodes last season (they weren't bad, just not quite as good as the others), so I'm looking forward to The Cutie Pox more.

That's about all I wanted to say today. I think our Synchtube parties have been slowing the thread down a bit, so there's not as much to comment on. So, on to the next order of business: finding more coffee…

Is it just me, or is the main page getting less views now? I swear we got from 2 million to 3 million in just a few weeks back in July or something.

It's only natural for things to slow down. There's no point in checking the article so often if you've seen it many times already, in addition a lot of people who used to comment on the article are now in the forums.

Also, the change in the image gallery style has led some people to get their pony art fix somewhere else, lessening the clicks on the main article.

burning_phoneix wrote:

It's only natural for things to slow down. There's no point in checking the article so often if you've seen it many times already, in addition a lot of people who used to comment on the article are now in the forums.

Also, the change in the image gallery style has led some people to get their pony art fix somewhere else, lessening the clicks on the main article.

Yeah thats true about things slowing down, but Im still blown away. 4 Million views!? Jesus Christ thats double of Forever Alone.

Okay, here's a fun topic: if you could have one tv show or movie ponyfied, what would it be and what would the main characters' cutie marks be?

Last edited Nov 04, 2011 at 10:07AM EDT
Yeah, same here. I’ve been trying to avoid spoilers, so I don’t know much about either episode. All I know is a brief synopsis of The Cutie Pox, and that this Saturday we have a Rarity episode. I wasn’t that big a an of the Rarity episodes last season (they weren’t bad, just not quite as good as the others), so I’m looking forward to The Cutie Pox more.

I don't think there's been any real spoilers of the Cutie Pox or the episode that's going to air tomorrow. Heck, I think all the spoilers stuck with the Luna episode.

Okay, here’s a fun topic: if you could have one tv show or movie ponyfied, what would it be and what would the main characters’ cutie marks be?

I bet you all know what I'm going to say, and you'd be right, and of course their cutie marks would be the no ghost logo.

Though part of me also would like to see Back to the Future as well, but unlike Ghostbusters, I'm not sure what their cutie marks would be.

I have a request bronies.

Does anyone remember the pony comic parodying this scene in Aliens?

I need it for something. But I can't find it :(

null wrote:

Okay, here's a fun topic: if you could have one tv show or movie ponyfied, what would it be and what would the main characters' cutie marks be?

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Arthur's cutie mark would be that silly looking sun.

Riyku wrote:

wake's up again tried hello everypony what's the topic now?

See, this is why I tend to avoid the forums. I've been gone for a whole day and 5 more pages have appeared. Anyway, because I'm a complete slowpoke, anypony still needing help with TF2 sprays?

TheOriginal93 wrote:

See, this is why I tend to avoid the forums. I've been gone for a whole day and 5 more pages have appeared. Anyway, because I'm a complete slowpoke, anypony still needing help with TF2 sprays?

Just be glad the images have been toned down a notch hopefully, cause then you'd have probably a whole new thread by that one day.

I just got done makeing my TF2 Spray

Wow it turned out bigger then i thought

Edit: anyone know how to make the backround transparent in game?
Edit 2: DARN it i forgot to give him a cutie mark

Last edited Nov 04, 2011 at 01:05PM EDT

Ashki wrote:

Just be glad the images have been toned down a notch hopefully, cause then you'd have probably a whole new thread by that one day.

I'm quite pleased at the thoughtful discussions we've had in this thread so far. Definitely not as much image spam as it was before.

Well, there are still a lot of images.

But at least the images are accompanied by gratuitous amounts of text.

We're still chugging along at an unbelievable rate, too.

Last edited Nov 04, 2011 at 01:02PM EDT

Riyku wrote:

I just got done makeing my TF2 Spray

Wow it turned out bigger then i thought

Edit: anyone know how to make the backround transparent in game?
Edit 2: DARN it i forgot to give him a cutie mark

Well, I'm not completely in the know-how on image transparency, but I think you'd need to make the image a PNG. You could probably separate the image from the background then, but like I said, I'm not too sure.

Edit: If you are able to do this, you'll need to convert the PNG into a VTF.

Last edited Nov 04, 2011 at 01:16PM EDT

TheOriginal93 wrote:

Well, I'm not completely in the know-how on image transparency, but I think you'd need to make the image a PNG. You could probably separate the image from the background then, but like I said, I'm not too sure.

Edit: If you are able to do this, you'll need to convert the PNG into a VTF.

TF2 won't take .PNG images
i also tried makeing a Alpha mask but that did not work
Maybe if i make it a VTF file
Edit: Ok so i made it into a VTF file and it worked

Last edited Nov 04, 2011 at 01:37PM EDT

Wightprincess wrote:

I'm quite pleased at the thoughtful discussions we've had in this thread so far. Definitely not as much image spam as it was before.

Well, there are still a lot of images.

But at least the images are accompanied by gratuitous amounts of text.

We're still chugging along at an unbelievable rate, too.

Pretty much this, and since we're only the 5th episode into the new season, I think that we can continue on discussion the show without the overuse of images, but that's just my opinion.

null wrote:

I'm not usually a fan of crossovers or getting Pony mixed with other stuff. But I think I'd like for the shows to have characters with ambiguous or somewhat irrelevant talents. For example, Twilight studies magic as an occupation and that's her talent as well. Applejack is good with all things related to Apples. But Rarity is a designer. Her ability to find gems could be used anywhere there was a need for gems. She made her ability work for her even though it wasn't directly related to her craft.

I immediately think to a character like Gohan from Dragonball Z who didn't actually know his true potential until the end of the Cell Saga. It might have been an ambiguous cutie mark, because he was great in academics but he also had a massive, raw power that would have been even greater than Goku or Vegeta's had he continued to be serious in his training. If it wasn't a show based upon finding talents (or at least a revelation scene,) I'd feel like they'd just be tattoos. In most shows, no one has a oddly specific talent, so I'd doubt they'd even make sense at all.

Eh, let's go with Advance Wars, I still have yet to give a simple answer. The CO's all have a special ability. Andy would have a wrench, Max would have a tank, Sami would have an infantry man (Eagle is jealous,) Olaf would have a snow boot, Grit would have those freakin' Rockets (guh, they give me nightmares, man…see what I might have done there?) Drake would have a Cruiser or something, and Eagle a Fighter Jet. Sonja would have a tree or binoculars, and Kanbei would have a golden infantry unit.

burning_phoneix wrote:

I have a request bronies.

Does anyone remember the pony comic parodying this scene in Aliens?

I need it for something. But I can't find it :(

>Goes on Ponibooru
>Searches 'Aliens'
>Finds it on first page

Well, that was easy.
Link here

Algernon wrote:

>Goes on Ponibooru
>Searches 'Aliens'
>Finds it on first page

Well, that was easy.
Link here

Ah, many thanks fellow oldfoal. I'm unused to the structure of these "boorus" everyone uses for image dumping.

As for what I want to be ponified….the Orkz in Warhammer 40k. Not all of 40k just the Orkz.

Why Orkz…..because they are just like ponies!

WAIT! HEAR ME OUT!

When Orkz are "born" they have a latent ability hidden deep inside them. They are usually so attuned to these abilities that they receive names based on these abilities before they manifest.

They also increase in power and courage when they are around other orkz companions (Friendship) and the more Orkz are located in a single location, their latent and unexplained latent psychic powers (magic) become stronger, ensuring more companions that increase their power.

tl;dr Orkz know Friendship is magic better than ponies.

burning_phoneix wrote:

Ah, many thanks fellow oldfoal. I'm unused to the structure of these "boorus" everyone uses for image dumping.

As for what I want to be ponified….the Orkz in Warhammer 40k. Not all of 40k just the Orkz.

Why Orkz…..because they are just like ponies!

WAIT! HEAR ME OUT!

When Orkz are "born" they have a latent ability hidden deep inside them. They are usually so attuned to these abilities that they receive names based on these abilities before they manifest.

They also increase in power and courage when they are around other orkz companions (Friendship) and the more Orkz are located in a single location, their latent and unexplained latent psychic powers (magic) become stronger, ensuring more companions that increase their power.

tl;dr Orkz know Friendship is magic better than ponies.

I know, right? Its the last thing you'd expect from such brutal, merciless race.

Those poor Gretchin though. Friendship isn't enough to save them from being meat shields.

I like that term…oldfoal…contradictory, but fitting. Makes me think about Morgan Freeman.

burning_phoneix wrote:

Sounds like hax to me…

Verbose wrote:

I like that term…oldfoal…contradictory, but fitting. Makes me think about Morgan Freeman.

burning_phoneix wrote:

Sounds like hax to me…

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!