232,916 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
KYM Pony General III: This time, it's personal

Last posted Dec 15, 2011 at 11:43AM EST. Added Nov 01, 2011 at 07:41PM EDT
9915 posts from 105 users

Derpy Vaz wrote:

Water under the bridge. For me anyways

Wow, this fandom is just amazing. I swear, everything has been ponified.

Dafaq? new page already?

Last edited Dec 09, 2011 at 06:07PM EST

badsitrep wrote:

That was… beautiful

I really hope he keeps making those.

Nintendork wrote:

I’d just like to say I’m sorry for dumping all that on you guys last night.

To be honest, I'm glad you brought it up. It made for an interesting discussion. It sure beat the usual trend of 'post pic, receive reaction pic, repeat'.

Blue Screen and Verbose seemed to get my problem, though it feels like the rest just thought I was being nit-picky

Just for the record, I didn't think you sounded nitpicky. I have similar problems with pretty much any other kind of media, but since I grew up watching cartoons I'm able to tolerate the silliness and inconsistencies in FiM. I can see why you're having trouble enjoying the show, but I really can't think of any solutions. I guess you could just keep trying, but honestly, I don't think it's something that can be forced.

Last edited Dec 09, 2011 at 06:09PM EST

So, do you think spike is going to be like all the dragons we've seen, or like he was in the call of the cutie mark episode? I know its seems obvious, but remember, Luna changed pretty drastically. Anyways, I thought the grownup spike looked like a goober.

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

It's happening again!?!?!

Youtube needs to overhaul its copyright team. People have been removed due to false claims over their voice. In fact, someone has actually impersonated Ubisoft to remove a channel's videos.

Dac wrote:

So, do you think spike is going to be like all the dragons we've seen, or like he was in the call of the cutie mark episode? I know its seems obvious, but remember, Luna changed pretty drastically. Anyways, I thought the grownup spike looked like a goober.

You just reminded me. If twilight could make spike massive when she was a filly then surely she could make him small again. So spike's size shouldn't really be a problem unless he wants to stay big.

Algernon wrote:

That was… beautiful

I really hope he keeps making those.

Nintendork wrote:

I’d just like to say I’m sorry for dumping all that on you guys last night.

To be honest, I'm glad you brought it up. It made for an interesting discussion. It sure beat the usual trend of 'post pic, receive reaction pic, repeat'.

Blue Screen and Verbose seemed to get my problem, though it feels like the rest just thought I was being nit-picky

Just for the record, I didn't think you sounded nitpicky. I have similar problems with pretty much any other kind of media, but since I grew up watching cartoons I'm able to tolerate the silliness and inconsistencies in FiM. I can see why you're having trouble enjoying the show, but I really can't think of any solutions. I guess you could just keep trying, but honestly, I don't think it's something that can be forced.

One of the best comments I saw about it was "(This song) As sung by the US Marines."

badsitrep wrote:

Youtube needs to overhaul its copyright team. People have been removed due to false claims over their voice. In fact, someone has actually impersonated Ubisoft to remove a channel's videos.

They would do anything to get ride of us…

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

They would do anything to get ride of us…

It can be simply appealed. The person accused can simply contact the company that supposedly placed the strike and ask if they actually placed the strike. If the company says "No," Youtube has to rescind the strike and the user could recover their account and/or videos.

Last edited Dec 09, 2011 at 06:31PM EST

Dac wrote:

According to this (SPOILER ALERT), I don't think he'll be like the Call of Cutie episode. Maybe he turns more ferocious and aggresive with the "dragon puberty" spurt, making him also different than the original concept.

badsitrep wrote:

They're (did I really just do that?) Their approach makes sense from a legal standpoint, because YouTube wants to cover its tail from lawsuits just in case that one claim is true.

Maybe they should require a written and stamped/embossed letter for each complaint. If Hasbro wants to enforce its copyright (which they would be well within their rights to do,) I'm sure they won't mind submitting a letter that costs $0.50 US to have them taken down.

But I think they're just going to stick with what they have now. YouTube doesn't have any initiative to change.

EDIT: As for contacting the company and making YouTube rescind their removal, Hasbro probably doesn't want to make any official statement (even privately to YouTube) saying that they choose not to enforce their copyright. Like the first time Hasbro got emails from Bronies, they made that vague statement of "Watch it on the HUB!" or something.

@dac
I'll say he'll look as goofy as he did in Cutie Mark Chronicles for continuity's sake. Nothing really to base that on.

Last edited Dec 09, 2011 at 06:35PM EST

@Current discussion about Nintendork's dilemma.
Personally I find it hard to understand why you have these problems with the show but then again I've been watching cartoons for as long as I can remember and I don't really watch anything else. I pretty much grew up on this sort of thing .

I think you should keep at it if you really want to enjoy the show and maybe you'll get over the problems you have with it but if you just can't come to terms with the nonsensical nature of the show it's probably best to not force it.

Last edited Dec 09, 2011 at 06:41PM EST

Verbose wrote:

They're (did I really just do that?) Their approach makes sense from a legal standpoint, because YouTube wants to cover its tail from lawsuits just in case that one claim is true.

Maybe they should require a written and stamped/embossed letter for each complaint. If Hasbro wants to enforce its copyright (which they would be well within their rights to do,) I'm sure they won't mind submitting a letter that costs $0.50 US to have them taken down.

But I think they're just going to stick with what they have now. YouTube doesn't have any initiative to change.

EDIT: As for contacting the company and making YouTube rescind their removal, Hasbro probably doesn't want to make any official statement (even privately to YouTube) saying that they choose not to enforce their copyright. Like the first time Hasbro got emails from Bronies, they made that vague statement of "Watch it on the HUB!" or something.

@dac
I'll say he'll look as goofy as he did in Cutie Mark Chronicles for continuity's sake. Nothing really to base that on.

I wonder if the HUB could make its own video site. I know tons of kids use the internet now and I think Comedy Central is currently doing it with South Park and so is Cartoon Network with Robot Chicken. This way, the HUB could still use advertisements and get revenue and bronies get instant access to MLP. Just me thinking out loud.

EDIT: Or the HUB could hire some company to upload the videos for them on Youtube. I know several media studios have done extremely well on the internet (ex: Mondo Media, mahalo and Roosterteeth)

Last edited Dec 09, 2011 at 06:49PM EST

'Macho Man' Staz wrote:

@Current discussion about Nintendork's dilemma.
Personally I find it hard to understand why you have these problems with the show but then again I've been watching cartoons for as long as I can remember and I don't really watch anything else. I pretty much grew up on this sort of thing .

I think you should keep at it if you really want to enjoy the show and maybe you'll get over the problems you have with it but if you just can't come to terms with the nonsensical nature of the show it's probably best to not force it.

Ed n Edd n Eddy.

FTW!

badsitrep wrote:

I wonder if the HUB could make its own video site. I know tons of kids use the internet now and I think Comedy Central is currently doing it with South Park and so is Cartoon Network with Robot Chicken. This way, the HUB could still use advertisements and get revenue and bronies get instant access to MLP. Just me thinking out loud.

EDIT: Or the HUB could hire some company to upload the videos for them on Youtube. I know several media studios have done extremely well on the internet (ex: Mondo Media, mahalo and Roosterteeth)

THIS

I don't mind having to mute watch a 15-second ad before getting to the ponies, and I won't have to buy a huge TV package for just one channel (because the only other things I watch are sports.)

Heck, if they had a channel for the older demographic and a channel for the target demographic, then they could focus the ads around us for more profit with no effort except from that one Internet intern that has to watch this thread (I know you're reading it, bro. You deserve a raise.)

Anyway, that intern could make the channel, upload the vids, and make Hasbro some more money.

I'd hope an idea like that wouldn't endanger short clips or PMVs, but it may be better than what's going on now.

Verbose wrote:

THIS

I don't mind having to mute watch a 15-second ad before getting to the ponies, and I won't have to buy a huge TV package for just one channel (because the only other things I watch are sports.)

Heck, if they had a channel for the older demographic and a channel for the target demographic, then they could focus the ads around us for more profit with no effort except from that one Internet intern that has to watch this thread (I know you're reading it, bro. You deserve a raise.)

Anyway, that intern could make the channel, upload the vids, and make Hasbro some more money.

I'd hope an idea like that wouldn't endanger short clips or PMVs, but it may be better than what's going on now.

Its still up to the HUB if they do this. I have noticed the HUB is steadily getting more tech based (pony apps. remember?). Perhaps that intern reading this may consider submitting this idea.

EDIT: I may send a letter to one of these major internet animation studios and a network like the HUB to see their reaction. I'll also discuss this with my brother (a comms major and business student).

Last edited Dec 09, 2011 at 06:55PM EST

badsitrep wrote:

Hmm. I thought I read on TVTropes or something that Hub was already doing this for certain episodes….

Cite wrote:

Hmm. I thought I read on TVTropes or something that Hub was already doing this for certain episodes….

HORY SHET! They already did. Take a look:
http://www.hubworld.com/videos/episodes

EDIT: BUCK YOU, YOUTUBE! I'm supporting the animators where no troll can go.

Last edited Dec 09, 2011 at 07:09PM EST

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

Rarity, I choose you!

Use Hoof Atack!

It's super effective!

Sweetie Belle faints!

D'AAAAW, activates.
Sweetie Belle uses D'AAAAW!

Its super-effective!
Enemy Rarity is now Feeling Guilty.

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

According to this (SPOILER ALERT), I don't think he'll be like the Call of Cutie episode. Maybe he turns more ferocious and aggresive with the "dragon puberty" spurt, making him also different than the original concept.

I think that you think that I am talking about when he was a knight. I mean when he looked like this:

LOL WAT!

I hate homestar runner by the way

QUOTED FOR AWESOME!

So anyway, Pinkie and Discord made it to the finals in the HUB's naughty or Nice competition.

I figured from the beginning that Optimus Prime would be tough competition. He's like the internet Jesus after all and carries levels of awesome that far outshine Pinkie.

Pinkie still has her intense levels of positiveness and optimism to fall back on though, it has served her well so far

As for Discord, well I don't know who this Dan guy is but he probably cannot warp the universes physics into chaos and magically turn you into an asshole against your will so I'm not worried about Discord.

What do you reckon? Does Pinkie still have this competition in the bag or will the old school Transformers fans have something to say about it?

[edit]

ninjacount = 7. Holy image spam batman! This thread is moving at full speed!

Last edited Dec 09, 2011 at 07:37PM EST

BSOD wrote:

What do you reckon? Does Pinkie still have this competition in the bag or will the old school Transformers fans have something to say about it?

If every kid who watches the Hub went out of their way to vote, it would be a damn close competition. Since most of them won't bother, the vote will end up being completely dominated by bronies and Pinkie will win by a landslide. I can almost guarantee it. When I voted, Pinkie Pie was leading at 88% of total votes, so I don't think there's much chance of Optimus winning.

@Daniel

Last edited Dec 09, 2011 at 07:48PM EST

Derpy Vaz wrote:

Molestia I choose you

It's super effective

Everypony faints.
Daniel is victorious!!!!

(I think this is the first time this thread has had a pokemon battle.)

Last edited Dec 09, 2011 at 07:46PM EST

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

QUOTED FOR AWESOME!

So anyway, Pinkie and Discord made it to the finals in the HUB's naughty or Nice competition.

I figured from the beginning that Optimus Prime would be tough competition. He's like the internet Jesus after all and carries levels of awesome that far outshine Pinkie.

Pinkie still has her intense levels of positiveness and optimism to fall back on though, it has served her well so far

As for Discord, well I don't know who this Dan guy is but he probably cannot warp the universes physics into chaos and magically turn you into an asshole against your will so I'm not worried about Discord.

[edit]

ninjacount = 7. Holy image spam batman! This thread is moving at full speed!

Pinkie Pie 88%

Optimus Prime 12%

Its not a 100%

@ greg
Oh ok, you confused me for a sec.

Last edited Dec 09, 2011 at 07:49PM EST

Dac wrote:

I think that you think that I am talking about when he was a knight. I mean when he looked like this:

LOL WAT!

I hate homestar runner by the way

Yes Dac, I am talking about this Spike look. What I meant to say is that maybe they don't make him so "Barney" like, and instead make him more like that other dragon from Dragonshy

And Daniel: Using the Supreme Pony Pokemon God?

Last edited Dec 09, 2011 at 07:52PM EST

badsitrep wrote:

Evidently, ponies don't like pokemon references……

I'm fairly certain that I am the only internet user on Earth who actually hates Pokémon, and most (i.e. all) Animé for that matter. I know this statement will generate a large amount of hate, so let me counter it with an image.

Deal with it.

Damn it, I'm so sick of studying.

Last edited Dec 09, 2011 at 08:18PM EST

Algernon wrote:

If every kid who watches the Hub went out of their way to vote, it would be a damn close competition. Since most of them won’t bother, the vote will end up being completely dominated by bronies and Pinkie will win by a landslide. I can almost guarantee it. When I voted, Pinkie Pie was leading at 88% of total votes, so I don’t think there’s much chance of Optimus winning.

I heard it was rigged. That there was going to be a FiM marathon and another marathon. Pinkie might win: there are enough episodes with a lot of Pinkie to make one. But there are only two episodes of Discord. Unless there is no marathon or the marathons only last one hour apiece, My guess is that Pinkie wins and Dan wins.

Verbose wrote:

Algernon wrote:

If every kid who watches the Hub went out of their way to vote, it would be a damn close competition. Since most of them won’t bother, the vote will end up being completely dominated by bronies and Pinkie will win by a landslide. I can almost guarantee it. When I voted, Pinkie Pie was leading at 88% of total votes, so I don’t think there’s much chance of Optimus winning.

I heard it was rigged. That there was going to be a FiM marathon and another marathon. Pinkie might win: there are enough episodes with a lot of Pinkie to make one. But there are only two episodes of Discord. Unless there is no marathon or the marathons only last one hour apiece, My guess is that Pinkie wins and Dan wins.

And Justin Bieber still hasn't been send to Somalia.

Rigged votings, y u no give us what we want.

Last edited Dec 09, 2011 at 08:21PM EST

Verbose wrote:

Apparently, Stalkerloo (not as weird as you might think) is employed by Twilight Sparkle to report on friendship.

And…oh, gosh. WARNING: Contains blood from an accident.

It was sad enough as it was. The caption under the original post…

…MY HEARRRRNNNNNNNNNNGGGG-

Idk why but I thought Twilight had a old ww2 German cover….
Thought they were implying that she was and FF officer of friendship. And she wanted to see Scoots friendship papers.

Last edited Dec 09, 2011 at 08:38PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!