Forums / Discussion / General

232,916 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

Metal Gear Solid General

Last posted Nov 12, 2011 at 02:19PM EST. Added Nov 11, 2011 at 08:02PM EST
10 posts from 7 users

My favorite game has to be a tie between MGS3 and MGS4. Gray Fox is awesome. Solid Snake is my favorite snake. This is one of my favorite video game series. I've never had much luck hiding in boxes. That's really all I have to share for now.

I do have a question for everyone. What is your opinion on Raiden? Before cyborg ninja and after.

Last edited Nov 11, 2011 at 09:59PM EST

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

My favorite game has to be a tie between MGS3 and MGS4. Gray Fox is awesome. Solid Snake is my favorite snake. This is one of my favorite video game series. I've never had much luck hiding in boxes. That's really all I have to share for now.

I do have a question for everyone. What is your opinion on Raiden? Before cyborg ninja and after.

First hes a gay version of Snake, Than hes a gay version of Gray Fox.

Overall pretty gay.

Last edited Nov 11, 2011 at 10:20PM EST

Sweatie Killer wrote:

First hes a gay version of Snake, Than hes a gay version of Gray Fox.

Overall pretty gay.

So, I'm not the only one who thought he was a pointless character? My friends keep telling me I'm being irrational because I don't think he was a good character. Well, all but one of them who hates Raiden with a passion.

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

So, I'm not the only one who thought he was a pointless character? My friends keep telling me I'm being irrational because I don't think he was a good character. Well, all but one of them who hates Raiden with a passion.

You are far from being the only one who dislikes Raiden. Just about everyone I know does.

In fact… I don't think Kojima himself liked Raiden too much. Remember in Snake Eater, there was a character named Major Ivan Raidenovitch Raikov… Volgin's gay lover? Regardless, in MGS4, he gave him a big NPC role, redesigned everything about him, and now (as promised in Snake Eater) he's going to be the star of MGS5. I don't know how I feel about that, but, let's face it, I'm going to buy it no matter what.

Last edited Nov 12, 2011 at 12:56AM EST

MGS is a game tied to my childhood. I remember when I unboxed my first PSX, inside the box was a Gray CD, it was a Demo, and it all began just right there. I never finished the demo, and my friends in school all were saying stuff like "Man, I already beated the giant metal shark, don't get in the water or it will eat you up", funny thing is that I actually believed them. I got the full game and I couldn't beat the game, I was a kid, I didn't know how to think "Inside the Box". Since then, I've been playing all the MGS that I could afford.

About Rayden, he might be not the best character, If you compare it to Snake, he is just a whining kid. But I don't have a problem with him, Fighting Solidus with the sword was pretty cool and in MGS 4 he comes back like a badass losing almost everything, you have to give the boy credit for that. I don't have a particular favourite among others, I enjoyed them all a lot, still Metal Gear Solid has a special place in my heart for being first.

I wish I had access to a PSP or PS3 so I could play MGS4 and Peace Walker, but I don't know a single person IRL who owns either.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!