Forums / Discussion / General

232,908 total conversations in 7,790 threads

+ New Thread

Rich People/3DS Ambassadors

Last posted Dec 17, 2011 at 10:20PM EST. Added Dec 16, 2011 at 05:14PM EST
31 posts from 13 users

OK if you own a 3DS and you bought it before the price drop you are an ambassador. The games for the Ambassador Program were released today and are as follows:F-Zero Maximum Velocity, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, Warioware Inc.: Mega Microgame$, Metroid Fusion, Wario Land 4. Discuss/ Express nerdy love for Nintendo.

AWWWWWWWWW YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Those are some really good games. I'm glad Nintendo didn't throw some shit on there. I never finished Metroid Fusion, I have a chance to now!

RocketPropelledPanda   wrote:

God damn, I was impatient and I used my ambassador program on all the shitty games..

You get shitty NES games and good GBA games.

Edit:@burning_phoeneix
I know that feel bro, I'm playing the only Fire Emblem I never got to finish.

Last edited Dec 16, 2011 at 11:35PM EST
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

@ List of games:

Meh.

None of them really seem all that interesting. Except maybe F-Zero. But aside from that, lame.

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

@ List of games:

Meh.

None of them really seem all that interesting. Except maybe F-Zero. But aside from that, lame.

Do you have problems? Have you never played Metroid, Yoshi's Island or Fire Emblem? You might want to check some gameplay videos.

madcat wrote:

Do you have problems? Have you never played Metroid, Yoshi's Island or Fire Emblem? You might want to check some gameplay videos.

FE? Don't do turn based games in general just on principle; rarely if ever do strategy games just on principle. Definitely not my style.

Metroid? Not really my style either. Too many puzzles for my taste.

Yoshi's Island?

… Let's just say that the best thing I could ever hear while playing any Mario-related game is "TACTICAL NUKE, INCOMING!" and leave it at that.

Kalmo wrote:

It's probably because he only likes FPS and racing games. You're nuts to not like any of those games. You are not a true nerd. You are a tool.

Aerial combat games, off road open world driving games, modern tactical infantry combat games.

Get it right.

EDIT: And Western-made open world action adventure RPGs.

Last edited Dec 16, 2011 at 11:48PM EST

Aerial combat games, off road open world driving games, modern tactical infantry combat games.

Get it right.

EDIT: And Western-made open world action adventure RPGs.

I see no difference. Because they're all just so similar. Even if they aren't a sequel, all racing games are the same and FPS's just get old fast. And who plays game where the whole point is to fly and kill things unless it is StarFox?

Kalmo wrote:

I see no difference. Because they're all just so similar. Even if they aren't a sequel, all racing games are the same and FPS's just get old fast. And who plays game where the whole point is to fly and kill things unless it is StarFox?

Star Fox is a rail shooter. Ace Combat used to have Squadron Commands, and remains an excellent aerial warfare game. Others like Crimson Skies and Blazing Angels take it a step further, by removing most if not all modern technology such as homing missiles, making the game more difficult since you have to rely solely on your plane's machine guns.

Not all racing games are created equal. DiRT, MX vs. ATV, Baja: Edge of Control. Take it off the tarmac and into the wilderness to see how I race.

And tactical infantry combat simulators(soldiers sims, to be more concise) are very different from the typical Halo or Call of Duty.

And don't forget Fallout 3 and Mass Effect. Two of my favorite games this gen. Actual role playing games. With real role playing elements. You heard me.

I prefer the less realistic and go more for the imaginative world. Not something done with regular facts like the mechanics of a vehicle or a weapon. The unrealistic going farther than life itself. It's just boring to do what you can do in a game that you can also do in real life. And OK, you named two good games. Fallout 3 and Mass Effect. Good job.

As much as I love Ace Combat and Crimsons Skies…..

Go pick up IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 or Lock On: Modern Air Combat: Flaming Cliffs 2 or even Falcon 4.0 Allied Force. Play some REAL aerial combat games.

I understand you may not like the games on offer, but you have to admit Nintendo is trying to put quality games on there.

Kalmo wrote:

I prefer the less realistic and go more for the imaginative world. Not something done with regular facts like the mechanics of a vehicle or a weapon. The unrealistic going farther than life itself. It's just boring to do what you can do in a game that you can also do in real life. And OK, you named two good games. Fallout 3 and Mass Effect. Good job.

Myself, I'm much more of a realist. Though I do enjoy the good sci fi tale, like Star Wars, or Crysis. Still, even though I'd rather have a plasma rifle than a spell book, I'd rather have a Kalashnikov than a plasma rifle.

EDIT: @ Phoenix: No thanks, too far to the simulator end for me. I'll stick with my relatively less complex games, thank you.

Last edited Dec 16, 2011 at 11:58PM EST

Real Role Playing Elements: From Wikipedia: "…involve(s) developed story-telling and narrative elements, player character development, complexity, as well as replayability and immersion." I think Fire Emblem meets the criteria.

madcat wrote:

Real Role Playing Elements: From Wikipedia: "…involve(s) developed story-telling and narrative elements, player character development, complexity, as well as replayability and immersion." I think Fire Emblem meets the criteria.

So does Mass Effect, if I'm not mistaken.

EDIT: But at least ME features real time combat and squad commands.

Last edited Dec 17, 2011 at 12:05AM EST

1337 #4×0r wrote:

And don’t forget Fallout 3 and Mass Effect. Two of my favorite games this gen. Actual role playing games. With real role playing elements. You heard me.

>Implying Fire Emblem doesn't have "real role playing elements".

madcat wrote:

1337 #4×0r wrote:

And don’t forget Fallout 3 and Mass Effect. Two of my favorite games this gen. Actual role playing games. With real role playing elements. You heard me.

>Implying Fire Emblem doesn't have "real role playing elements".

Never implied that. Just stated that there are games out there that I like that feature those things.

I have to note how I always wind up as the target in "one against all" arguments.

It's getting kind of frustrating to be persecuted for my views like this. Complainers (or in my case, people who are simply different) are not always wrong.

I have to note how I always wind up as the target in "one against all" arguments.

It's getting kind of frustrating to be persecuted for my views like this. Complainers (or in my case, people who are simply different) are not always wrong.

From what I can tell, most of what you have said is a blatant opposition on the general public opinion. It wasn't justified; it was flamboyant, which makes you come off as obnoxious.

You are not being targeted, you are simply putting a target on yourself. If you don't want this to happen, please do not be so repugnant in the future. Thanks.

Oh my, Haxor. You had ALMOST gotten rid of that negkrama, then you had to be a bit of a dick in the first part of the thread. Now somebody's just giving you negkrama no matter what you say. I understand that you like different things, but don't be in anyone's face about it.
Also, thread-JUST BECAUSE HE LIKES MILITARY GAMES DOESNT MAKE HIM A FAGGOT. STOP IT WITH THE NEGKRAMA.
ITT: Thomas Nair 1337 #4×0r gets moar negative karma.

tumblrbot wrote:

From what I can tell, most of what you have said is a blatant opposition on the general public opinion. It wasn't justified; it was flamboyant, which makes you come off as obnoxious.

You are not being targeted, you are simply putting a target on yourself. If you don't want this to happen, please do not be so repugnant in the future. Thanks.

Madcat's the one that really started it. All I said was that I thought the lineup was lame. Then madcat and Kalmo started attacking me for no reason.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!