Forums / Discussion / General

232,914 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
KYM Staff AMA: Brad

Last posted Dec 23, 2011 at 12:43AM EST. Added Dec 22, 2011 at 02:08PM EST
17 posts from 10 users

We can see that KYM is becoming more and more of a reliable source of information. KYM's popularity is growing and other sites are referencing to KYM more often.

Do you think the growing popularity of KYM on the web will have a large impact on the site in the future? Will it broaden KYM's horizon of research and can we expect change to the site itself? Are there any risks we should be aware of?

Besides that, do you see more and various ways of KYM and Cheezburger cooperating in the future besides the episodes?

Alex>_> wrote:

What is the most rewarding part about being Community Manger?

the most rewarding thing anout being a community manager is seeing the community grow with such interesting people and characters to the extent that you all come up with brilliant initiatives for discussions and collective research. of course this gives us the motivation to do better too :)

as the editor, the single most rewarding thing for me is seeing all of us improve in doing complex research on memes and use critical thinking in general. seriously, what were doing now is investigative reporting on culture and that makes me super psyched about what we can do in another year :)

If you could have any 1 feature on KYM in the blink of an eye, no matter how complex, what would it be?

What dream meme research tool would you like to have?

Have you been playing any Starcraft this week?

Aristocatification aka Lolishiiit wrote:

HOW IS BABBY FORMED?

Also,what are your favorite memes and what kind of music do you like?

you need a driver’s license for babby formation.

My favorite meme from recent times is ancient aliens. if you’re into hilariously farfetched, CGI-heavy documentaries on history / natgeo channels, I recommend this show.

Music wise, I went through a few different phases since teenage years, but I usually stick around all things alt. rock, electronica and hip hop. Pretty run of the mill, I suppose. Oh and I’m a sucker for instrumental shoegaze stuff: my bloody valentine, yo la tengo, sigur ros, etc. In a separate category, my favorite lyricists are Bob Dylan and Jay-Z.

RandomMan wrote:

We can see that KYM is becoming more and more of a reliable source of information. KYM's popularity is growing and other sites are referencing to KYM more often.

Do you think the growing popularity of KYM on the web will have a large impact on the site in the future? Will it broaden KYM's horizon of research and can we expect change to the site itself? Are there any risks we should be aware of?

Besides that, do you see more and various ways of KYM and Cheezburger cooperating in the future besides the episodes?

Do you think the growing popularity of KYM on the web will have a large impact on the site in the future? Will it broaden KYM’s horizon of research and can we expect change to the site itself?

I think expanding our scope of research will go in hand in hand with growing capacity for research by KYM community. And our growing community will inevitably lead to more pressure on setting higher standards for our research process. As for any "changes" to the site, we will continue to explore different areas of interest as they emerge or rise in demand (ex: entry categories), but the fundamental objective of KYM will stay the same.

Are there any risks we should be aware of?

Opportunities often come with risks, so yes, there are concerns of negative impact. It's easy to lose our sight of original objectives and good intentions as we grow larger in size, but I think there are enough people who are constantly aware and conscious of these risks (including myself).

I think it'd be helpful to combine the knowledge & expertise of cheezburger and KYM interneters in many areas, but that ultimately depends on the consensus of our community. We do promote Cheezburger-hosted content on occasions as we're part of the network, but aside from that, we don't have any formal plans to collaborate… Ideas or suggestions are welcome, of course.

Who do you thinks contributes the most to the site?
Who's person's work do you think doesn't get enough attention?

Last edited Dec 22, 2011 at 11:26PM EST

Don wrote:

If you could have any 1 feature on KYM in the blink of an eye, no matter how complex, what would it be?

What dream meme research tool would you like to have?

Have you been playing any Starcraft this week?

It'd be amazing if we could visualize each meme's itinerary that is listed in the External References section of our entries, similar to the way Pearltree works. I think our "Spread" sections in entries read too dull sometimes, even though it is an essential part of each story and the reason for documentation. A non-linear representation of this data would be very refreshing.

My dream meme research tool at this moment would be an improved, 100% working Google Timeline search feature (sadly discontinued) or Google Realtime. BRING THEM BACK

Haha not this week. I've received a number of offers to play this week, but I rejected them all. Forgot to bring a mouse on my vacation.

in the hoppip over the sea wrote:

Why are you so awesome?
Also, why the hell can Vanessa(Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) throw a fucking javelin over a mountain and kill a guy, but she can't fly over a wall on her pegasus?

@ItizPWNED, Syndicfan

Thanks, you're awesome yourself.
Re: Vanessa, i dunno, not too familiar with Fire Emblem… needs more vespene gas?

Hi! You must login or signup first!