Forums / Discussion / General

232,916 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
Disabled School set Visual Novel Katawa Shoujo finally released.

Last posted Aug 24, 2012 at 01:30AM EDT. Added Jan 04, 2012 at 01:22AM EST
300 posts from 46 users

So is there a Miki Route?

I am not really into the whole Adult scenes, but the cripples fighting is entertaining.

Last edited Jan 08, 2012 at 07:41PM EST

So in casual conversation today I brought up the fact that I have Tachycardia and, when I looked it up for reference, the medical site brought me to a page about arrhythmia. Turns out that tachycardia is a type of arrhythmia. The player character has arrhythmia. Never before have I been more relevant to a game.

Last edited Jan 08, 2012 at 11:54PM EST

I'm sick, so I stayed home from school. I'm terribly bored, so I figured I could make another dent in Katawa Shoujo.

I ended up finishing Shizune's routes, both good and bad… The good route is a thousand times better, and ends on a happy, uplifting note whereas the bad route ends rather abruptly, and makes you feel like a total douche-face…

Now, then… On to Hanako, I guess…

Sweatie Killer wrote:

If you were a burn victim boy hitting on a hot girl with poor heart conditions, things would be very different.

If nothing else was changed except the heart condition/burns, you could probably end Hanako('s route) pretty quickly…

I downloaded it, and I must say that I am glad there are fellow believers in the female conspiracy theory that I posted when I was 8. IT IS A COMPLETELY LEGITIMATE ARGUMENT! I mean really, they are trying to make us think that we can't reproduce without them. It's like those people who say water is needed for humans to survive.
Also

Ashbot wrote:

What is up with the pink haired chick? Everyone else seems to be missing a limb or has some other disability but she just seems to happy.

Terribly tragic accident involving a "personal massaging device" and mistaking superglue for ky.

Now she roams the streets mugging tourist for battery money. Tragic.

…. it's also why there's no Misha path.

RocketPropelledPanda   wrote:

Am I the only one who somehow ended up with Emi on their first go? I don't understand how it happened at all. I just answered the questions the way I would if I was somehow in the scenario and BAM I get the athletic loli.

Actually I did, no small part because I wanted to see her scenes the most. But then I ended up going back to do Hanako's route because I am sucker that way.

RandomMan wrote:

It's a joke?

Weird, I don't hear anyone laughing.

ALLOW ME TO TRANSLATE:

"WAHAHA~!"

Last edited Jan 10, 2012 at 08:11PM EST

Chris wrote:

Hey guys, on the topic of disabilities, look what Dean Kamen and his company have been working on for the past few years.

Rin is going to have arms.

http://singularityhub.com/2009/06/23/stem-cells-used-to-grow-hearts-cool-new-pics-and-vid/

Someday we will be able to grow back the entire arm, it will be cheaper to produce that way, but I'm sure they will charge the same amount, or staggeringly high amount. The most stupid thing in my opinion about all this new technology, is that it would be more of a challenge getting around gene patents, and the FDA then actually making it possible.

Last edited Jan 10, 2012 at 09:18PM EST

Guise, I know this are old news but i want know your opinion about it (beware:NSFW)
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2012/01/08/2ch-outraged-by-discriminatory-katawa-shoujo/

Chris wrote:

Saw this on 4chan, though people here could relate.

Sigh…

Emi is the reason I started to run. I guess any reason is better than not to do it at all.

Have you ever thought about the following: If a girl with no arms or legs would ask you to be her girlfriend:
Would you really be ready to take over the responsibility for this person?
Would you really learn sign language for a girl you don't even really know?
Would you even take a "normal",non-disgusted look at a girl with a large scar?

Most likely, you wouldn't!
It's nice that the game brings someone too look under the surface and to trust his feelings more than his eyes, but it's unfortunately very far from the reality…

Aristocatification aka Lolishiiit wrote:

Have you ever thought about the following: If a girl with no arms or legs would ask you to be her girlfriend:

It's nice that the game brings someone too look under the surface and to trust his feelings more than his eyes, but it's unfortunately very far from the reality…

The key phrasing here is "most likely". Some people have dealt with worse.

Yes some people won't do this, not just because they're shallow but because they feel awkward about the situation. Hisao did. And I know "it's just a book" but I'm sure at least one person in the world has gone through something like this.

I was friends with a blind girl in high school. I tried really hard to formulate a good friendship because I liked her a lot, but she turned mean and made it quite clear that she didn't want to be friends. I have no idea why. I was heartbroken for the longest time. Not to mention that I let her borrow my Windwaker game and she never gave it back.

edit: Kalmo brought up a good point in IRC. She wasn't ENTIRELY blind, just nearly. She had to sit a foot away from the screen to even see the TV.

further edit: I think this is what they call a "suppressed memory" because, when I read Loli's post I felt a tinge of recognition, and after posting it took me a few minutes of pacing to recall her entirely. And now I feel very depressed.

Last edited Jan 11, 2012 at 12:03PM EST

I think your comment is a bit crude. Yes, you have a point in some things you said, but think: Would you really break someones's heart just because you are not brave enough to take responsibillity because he's limbless? Would you treat someone who lived an accident, scarring his body, like a monster? etc. But, as i said, you have a point,mostly because there are people mean and/or coward enough to be like that. Well, atleast that's what i think.

I feel like I would, but I doubt I'd be able to be everything I'd need to be to be a part of someone like that's life.

Feels bad man.

Greetings! You must login or signup first!