+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9926 posts from 193 users

Takashi.0 wrote:

GUYS

HEY GUYS LOOK

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/popcandy/post/2012/05/exclusive-preview-the-2012-special-edition-my-little-pony/1#.T8ZbgsWWH3B

IT'S LEGIT

IT FINALLY HAPPENED

>MY MOTHERFUCKING FACE WHEN

Onward to the Toy Store, my brethren!

Bruelock wrote:

Onward to the Toy Store, my brethren!

It's limited edition, not available in stores. Comic-Con only.

Last edited May 30, 2012 at 02:30PM EDT

Takashi.0 wrote:

GUYS

HEY GUYS LOOK

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/popcandy/post/2012/05/exclusive-preview-the-2012-special-edition-my-little-pony/1#.T8ZbgsWWH3B

IT'S LEGIT

IT FINALLY HAPPENED

Everyone that said hasbro screwed us over with the derpy situation, (cough) JJ, get on your knees a beg for forgiveness!

RandomMan wrote:

It's limited edition, not available in stores. Comic-Con only.

Ah screw it, I live in Southeast Asia and there's no way I can get one…

The assault is off, boys. We're going back…

Last edited May 30, 2012 at 02:46PM EDT

X wrote:

>MFW muffins on the box.

Hey X, remember when you said it was unrealistic that Jamail Al-Baghdadi had a Derpy toy from his neice in 2015?

>mfw:

Last edited May 30, 2012 at 03:26PM EDT

Now that feel of not being able to go to comic-con gotten worse…

I really hate the distance…curse you parents and long distances… CURSE YOU!!!!

Edit:
@Windigo

THERE'S STILL HOPE!!

Last edited May 30, 2012 at 03:34PM EDT

Takashi.0 wrote:

GUYS

HEY GUYS LOOK

IT'S LEGIT

IT FINALLY HAPPENED

I just realized something…

I am Popper Fett

I am Mandalorian mercenary decended from Jango Fett

I love a changling queen: Chrysalis

My clone template (and sort of father) is Jango Fett

He was a Mandalorian mercenary

And awkwardly enough, he had a girlfriend…
a changling girlfriend: Zam Wessel

That awkward moment when you realize your love for the changling queen might be as hereditary as your real attraction to her.

Last edited May 30, 2012 at 04:37PM EDT

@Popper
Well you better hope that's where the hereditary similarities stop, because I'm pretty sure Jango killed his changeling girlfriend with a poison dart…

PopperFett the Mandalore wrote:

I just realized something…

I am Popper Fett

I am Mandalorian mercenary decended from Jango Fett

I love a changling queen: Chrysalis

My clone template (and sort of father) is Jango Fett

He was a Mandalorian mercenary

And awkwardly enough, he had a girlfriend…
a changling girlfriend: Zam Wessel

That awkward moment when you realize your love for the changling queen might be as hereditary as your real attraction to her.

I come back to the Pony general to find my fellow bronies having heart attacks over Derpy toy and WTF pony fan ficition
Typical day on the Internet if you ask me…

burning_phoneix wrote:

Hey X, remember when you said it was unrealistic that Jamail Al-Baghdadi had a Derpy toy from his neice in 2015?

>mfw:

I though it was Faisal Al-Qadi?
Anyway that was about the only inaccuracy I could find in FS so:
Firestorm: EVERYWHERE confirmed for canon future-history of earth.
Iwanttoliveonthisplanetagain.jpg

Have some best pony and best duck:

X wrote:

I though it was Faisal Al-Qadi?
Anyway that was about the only inaccuracy I could find in FS so:
Firestorm: EVERYWHERE confirmed for canon future-history of earth.
Iwanttoliveonthisplanetagain.jpg

Have some best pony and best duck:

Y U NO INCLUDE BEST DOPPELGANGER?

Anyway, I am heartbroken, I cannot afford that Derpy doll…

@StarGazer
(takes all the posion darts, puts them on a small planet, then blows them up with the Death Star's superlaser)
There, they're all gone.

@Takashi.0
…
Errrrr…..
I…ummmm…..
….Nightmare Moon, is she okay with this?
Come on, I know you're here; I saw you active earlier…
but stil…errrrrr…

@Windigo
I looked up the second film on wikipedia:

That was the most f###ing disgusting thing I've ever read…and that was just the summary!

Anyway, I just want to say that I'll be gone after tomorrow for nine days without the ability to contact you guys (or at least, reply back). So if you have anything to say, put it on my wall or send me a private message. Lunar Dawn pt. 3 naturally will be on hold until I return.
I know it's a vacation, but I'm gonna miss talking to you guys.

Last edited May 30, 2012 at 07:25PM EDT

@Windigo
Thanks for the mindbleach. Ironic how that's Cadance and…well, you know how I feel about Chrysalis.
I'm still waiting for an answer, Nightmare Moon…
Oh yeah, that reminds me.
Take care of Chrysalis, while I'm gone, okay?

@Pinkimena
Egggghhhhh
Your Jimmies may be rustled by that, but mine aren't. However, since I'm not feeling in the best of moods today… (oi, that Lyra thing, and some other things in the image gallery, shouldn't get to me, but it is (Advance…beware).
I'd never thought I'd say this…but…
(charges up blaster)
Need a hand?

Last edited May 30, 2012 at 08:39PM EDT

Can somepony explain this to me?
On Applejack's farm, there are a bunch of pigs in it right?

Big whoop, lots of farms have pigs on it!
But wait, what is the primary purpose of raising pigs on a farm…

So, this must mean that the ponies…..

eat meat!?!?!

OmniXVII wrote:

eat meat!?!?!

Simple, people use pigs to find truffles.
And ponies love truffles.

Last edited May 30, 2012 at 08:37PM EDT

OmniXVII wrote:

eat meat!?!?!

Makes sense. Why else would they evolve higher intelligence? To chew grass? I dont think so.

OmniXVII wrote:

eat meat!?!?!

Well how else will they get bologna for there sandwiches.

Windigo With Salad wrote:

Simple, people use pigs to find truffles.
And ponies love truffles.

No way do you need a pen of pigs to find truffles, they are used for bacon. They also have chickens, there is nothing really you can do with chickens that is vegetarian or doesn't involve killing them. So using them for feathers isnt a valid response. Anyways, we know they eat eggs. The ponies are omnivores.

unrelated to current conversation:

Why can't I take my palm off my face?
I mean, what the hell? Our image gallery…sure, I may have gotten a little rustled with Joe's and Advance's shipping war (just because of the sheer spamming of it), but ships like that don't disturb me.
Nightmare Moon, if you thought Celestia was gonna get pissed at JJ for that Molestia post, she's gonna go beserk, REAL beserk, at what's there now.
There's a pic (two actually), that shows a disgruntled Celestia about to rape Twilight with numerous sex toys
SRSLY? I MEAN, F###ING REALLY?
That's the kind of s### that gets me pissed.
/rant

This made me feel better:

Sorry Vinyl.

Last edited May 30, 2012 at 09:27PM EDT

Windigo With Salad wrote:

Vegetarian bologna:

Why would they Be trying to mimic the taste of meat if they hadn't tried it in the first place? Think about that for a sec.

Anyways, I think it's been "confirmed" that that was some kind of vegetable by some animator. I'm calling bullshit. I'm sure they put the sandwich there forgetting that ponies don't eat meat and he was just lying that that was their intention, but there is no way to explain the eggs. Ponies eat animal proteins.

Last edited May 30, 2012 at 09:35PM EDT

Dac wrote:

Why would they Be trying to mimic the taste of meat if they hadn't tried it in the first place? Think about that for a sec.

Anyways, I think it's been "confirmed" that that was some kind of vegetable by some animator. I'm calling bullshit. I'm sure they put the sandwich there forgetting that ponies don't eat meat and he was just lying that that was their intention, but there is no way to explain the eggs. Ponies eat animal proteins.

Both of your arguments are invalid.

While pigs are used to find truffles, they are also used to get rid of excess or rotten fruit. Said waste is digested by the pigs and turned into, errrrrrr…., think you know what I mean.

The manure the pigs excrete from their butts is an extremely rich and effective (albeit stinky) fertilizer. Fertilizer is a key resource needed for an agricultural business as said fertilizer enriches the soil and keeps it fertile, thus keeping the crop healthy and ensuring larger crop yields.

Thus the pigs are not solely there so that Rarity can get her sophisticated nom's on but are there so that the Apples can ensure a large yield from their crops and recycle waste material that would have normally been thrown out via the use of bovine digestion!

PopperFett the Mandalore wrote:

unrelated to current conversation:

Why can't I take my palm off my face?
I mean, what the hell? Our image gallery…sure, I may have gotten a little rustled with Joe's and Advance's shipping war (just because of the sheer spamming of it), but ships like that don't disturb me.
Nightmare Moon, if you thought Celestia was gonna get pissed at JJ for that Molestia post, she's gonna go beserk, REAL beserk, at what's there now.
There's a pic (two actually), that shows a disgruntled Celestia about to rape Twilight with numerous sex toys
SRSLY? I MEAN, F###ING REALLY?
That's the kind of s### that gets me pissed.
/rant

This made me feel better:

Sorry Vinyl.

Hey poppa, i just wanna remind you that…NOTHING IS SACRED

Just a reminder. But before i go back into my hut in the middle of the Everfree forest have some cute.

>Ponies
>Eating meat

Have you guys been watching the same show as me? To quote Pinkie's awful song from 'Over A Barrel':

Both our diets, I should mention
Are completely vegetarian
We all eat hay and oats
Why be at each other's throat?

Considering they live in a rainbow-filled world where all other animals appear to possess some degree of higher-level intelligence, I highly doubt they'd slaughter for food. It does raise the question of why ponies would herd other animals and keep them in farms, but I'm guessing that it's only to make the world seem more familiar to the viewers. It's the same with the inclusion of things like milk and eggs in their diet, since IRL horses can survive without any animal protein whatsoever.

Dac wrote:

No way do you need a pen of pigs to find truffles, they are used for bacon. They also have chickens, there is nothing really you can do with chickens that is vegetarian or doesn't involve killing them. So using them for feathers isnt a valid response. Anyways, we know they eat eggs. The ponies are omnivores.

Oh, maybe there's a bunch of magic spiders around:

(Please tell me I'm not the only one who remembers this!)

Dac wrote:

Anyways, I think it’s been “confirmed” that that was some kind of vegetable by some animator. I’m calling bullshit. I’m sure they put the sandwich there forgetting that ponies don’t eat meat and he was just lying that that was their intention, but there is no way to explain the eggs. Ponies eat animal proteins.

It was confirmed as Beetroot.

badsitrep wrote:

Both of your arguments are invalid.

While pigs are used to find truffles, they are also used to get rid of excess or rotten fruit. Said waste is digested by the pigs and turned into, errrrrrr…., think you know what I mean.

The manure the pigs excrete from their butts is an extremely rich and effective (albeit stinky) fertilizer. Fertilizer is a key resource needed for an agricultural business as said fertilizer enriches the soil and keeps it fertile, thus keeping the crop healthy and ensuring larger crop yields.

Thus the pigs are not solely there so that Rarity can get her sophisticated nom's on but are there so that the Apples can ensure a large yield from their crops and recycle waste material that would have normally been thrown out via the use of bovine digestion!

> say both my arguments are invalid
>only disprove one

I'll give you the pigs, that makes sense I suppose. Still, The eggs that rarity makes in sister hooves social prove that they can digest animal proteins, something that real horses cannot. Hell even in the plant department, horses can't eat a lot of things. Also, pinkie pie threw up in that one episode, since horses are not true ruminants and can't ruminate, they also can't throw up. So we now know the ponies don't have a digestive system at all similar to that of a real horse. Therefore, we can't rule out that they a completely vegetarian. I mean, we know for sure they eat eggs, and animals that eat only eggs( egg eating snakes) are still considered carnivores. So no, they aren't completely vegetarian.
Say what you will, but the proof is in the pudding…err… eggs.

@Dac: I just finished eating a sandwich whilst reading the plot's for both Human Centipede movies… Now I see this?

I also need some of this stuff too. Could anyone help me out?

Last edited May 30, 2012 at 11:20PM EDT

Dac wrote:

We can assume that Griffons and Diamond Dogs are omnivores right?
Is it not possible that the ponies made imitation ham in order to properly recreate Griffon or Diamond Dog cuisine? Much like regular sweet potato can be a replacement for kumera when making a dish from New Zealand?

Edit:
Regarding eggs, one can eat eggs and still be vegetarian. It's vegans that can't eat eggs or milk.

Last edited May 30, 2012 at 11:41PM EDT

Well, it's getting late here, and I'm leaving tomorrow. I'll see if before I go I'll say some parting words.
But in case I don't, I'll get everything out here:

*Windigo- Send me any fics you make by PM. I may just get the chance to actually check my inbox.

*Joe- you know what I'll be expecting.

*Nightmare Moon- I still need a response; before I leave preferably. I'll definitely check my inbox before I go. And take care of her, alright?

*The rest of you- Keep it real. This Mandalorian's gonna miss you, and so, please be nice to each other. Again, if there's anything you want to tell me, or anything you want me to see, send it by PM or on my wall, and hopefully, I can see it sometime while I'm gone. Don't expect replies though, because I don't think I can do those.
When I come back, I'll work on Lunar Dawn part 3 (read it yet, Zarathh? Again, sorry for not reading the one you sent me).
So, here's a comic that I thought was freaking hilarious:

Last edited May 30, 2012 at 11:59PM EDT

Same as Popper, I have to leave for a few days, starting tomorrow.

Also, Popper, Celestia is my favorite pony, and you cannot BELIEVE how unrustled I am by all the pr0n/Molestia/Tyrant Celestia stuff. It's nothing to worry about, because this is the internet, and there's always going to be stuff like that. It doesn't effect my thoughts or interpretations of the character anymore than Sweet Apple Massacre made me think Big Mac was a serial rapist/murder. And, besides, there has been plenty of good stuff for everypony to more than counteract the bad. All sorts of art, music, fics, etc. have been made for each pony to render any and all attempts to give them a negative personality void.

Furthermore, regarding that comic you posted… I'm sure every person I've ever done anything with knows that feel.

As for the omnivore discussion:

The proof and evidence brought up so far suggest that they are, in fact, vegetarians. We're grasping at straws trying to disprove it, when there is more than enough evidence to suggest otherwise. I mean, when an artist goes out and says something wasn't meat, you can tell the team is trying to make them vegetarian.

So, until further notice, they are vegetarians.

Also, is anybody else going to be able to play in the GW2 Beta running from the 8th to the 10th? If I'm not gone that weekend, I am going to play the holy FUCK out of that game.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!