Forums / Discussion / General

232,916 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
I AM HAVE BECOME ANNUAL

Last posted Apr 29, 2012 at 12:28AM EDT. Added Apr 28, 2012 at 08:31PM EDT
23 posts from 13 users

Unlocked cause dick move much Mod? Jeez.

So uh yeah. Congrats I guess RF. You seem to be a much better user than when you started.

Who knows? This time next year you could be a mod!

(You won't but still.)

Last edited Apr 28, 2012 at 09:12PM EDT

Chris wrote:

Happy anniversary, dude. Glad to have you posting.

…usually.

Yeah, I apologize for all the past terrible threads that I've made. I promise not to make any more.

Mr Bumhole #1 Fan Of Osaka wrote:

Unlocked cause dick move much Mod? Jeez.

So uh yeah. Congrats I guess RF. You seem to be a much better user than when you started.

Who knows? This time next year you could be a mod!

(You won't but still.)

That would be my dick move, DPF. I don't see much point to posting this thread, because anyone could hit some milestone. 1 Month. 6 months. 2,000 karma. 5,000 forum posts. 1,337 comments. I felt that it was obvious. Other threads focusing on one person's milestone of karma or when they joined get locked. I don't see this as being any different, even now.

However, I'm not going over your head on this.

Verbose wrote:

That would be my dick move, DPF. I don't see much point to posting this thread, because anyone could hit some milestone. 1 Month. 6 months. 2,000 karma. 5,000 forum posts. 1,337 comments. I felt that it was obvious. Other threads focusing on one person's milestone of karma or when they joined get locked. I don't see this as being any different, even now.

I've hit 3 of them. It took me a year.
By that point I'd been here long enough to realize nobody gives a shit.

HAPY BIRHTDAY!

Aye, I remember when you were just a little sprat galavanting about the forums. Everyone was all, "Oy! Thar be that newfag! Let us chortle at his inexperience with our fine forums!" Glad you decided to stick around.

On the note of milestones, I finally passed 500 karma after nearly three years here. BOY HOWDY, PEOPLE NOTICE ME NOW.

Happy birthday! Most people dont make a year in forum sites! Probably because i hunt them down, rip off their own legs and beat them senselessly until they submit to their own doom they loose interest!

Verbose wrote:

I'm going to side with Verbose on this one. Such a thread is pointless and needs to be locked. The only thing more retarded than a return thread, is a milestone thread.

Seriously DPF? Why the fuck did you even unlock this? It's utterly pointless and nobody gives a fuck.

RandomMan wrote:

I'm going to side with Verbose on this one. Such a thread is pointless and needs to be locked. The only thing more retarded than a return thread, is a milestone thread.

Seriously DPF? Why the fuck did you even unlock this? It's utterly pointless and nobody gives a fuck.

Doc made such a thread a few months ago and no one seemed to complain. If you're going to lock "pointless" threads, at least be consistent.

Piano wrote:

Doc made such a thread a few months ago and no one seemed to complain. If you're going to lock "pointless" threads, at least be consistent.

Chris has locked various return threads, yet makes a normal post here. So far for equality, as I don't see much difference in the type of threads. But I don't see you point out that your thread for some reason gets more right to stay and hasn't remain locked yet like previous ones.

Don't forget Doc is a mod, mod threads don't get locked as easily as others.

Pointless thread is still pointless and still deserves that lock.

Last edited Apr 29, 2012 at 12:19AM EDT

I'll have been here for a year in negative 14 months.

But back on topic, I actually remember when RF first joined. Holy shit, he was such a newfag. He immediately was branded a fail troll and everybody hated him.

tl;dr Nothing has changed since last year.

Last edited Apr 29, 2012 at 12:21AM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Chris has locked various return threads, yet makes a normal post here. So far for equality, as I don't see much difference in the type of threads. But I don't see you point out that your thread for some reason gets more right to stay and hasn't remain locked yet like previous ones.

I think first anniversary threads aren't pointless. They invoke the facts of how long this community has been together, how long people have stuck by it, and how far users have come. It's a reminiscence thing.

I don't think you should post a new thread everytime you turn a year older here, mind you. But big milestones (One year, five years, ten years) are worth getting noticed.

RandomMan wrote:

I think these kinds of threads were pointless, but he brought up the previous threads to me, so I was just trying to be consistent with how we treated this specific type of thread.

Piano wrote:

I think first anniversary threads aren't pointless. They invoke the facts of how long this community has been together, how long people have stuck by it, and how far users have come. It's a reminiscence thing.

I don't think you should post a new thread everytime you turn a year older here, mind you. But big milestones (One year, five years, ten years) are worth getting noticed.

We don't even have 5 year old members yet. The best milestone people can currently aim at is 1 year. Which is still not a reason for a thread imo.

Might as well go ask from everyone to make a thread when they survived a month.

@Chris

"with how we treated this specific type of thread"

We locked them.

Last edited Apr 29, 2012 at 12:24AM EDT

Chris wrote:

I think these kinds of threads were pointless, but he brought up the previous threads to me, so I was just trying to be consistent with how we treated this specific type of thread.

If you both think this thread is pointless, just lock it. All I ask is that in the future, don't make exceptions for moderators. They're users too.

Piano wrote:

If you both think this thread is pointless, just lock it. All I ask is that in the future, don't make exceptions for moderators. They're users too.

If you ever see me make a milestone thread, I hereby give you every right to point it out to me.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!