Forums / Discussion / General

232,914 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

Toonami's official return

Last posted May 27, 2012 at 12:25PM EDT. Added May 16, 2012 at 05:39PM EDT
33 posts from 25 users

Nintendork64 wrote:

Is this good? Should I be partying or something?
…yay?
I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT I NEVER EXPERIENCED ;_;

DUDE.
IT'S LIKE AWESOME ANIME IS BACK.
CLASSIC DBZ AND GUNDAM.
HOLY FUCK
WE ALSO GET FMA AND SGT FROG AND HOLY FUCK I'M EXCITED

Subway Boss Emmet wrote:

DUDE.
IT'S LIKE AWESOME ANIME IS BACK.
CLASSIC DBZ AND GUNDAM.
HOLY FUCK
WE ALSO GET FMA AND SGT FROG AND HOLY FUCK I'M EXCITED

I… yay?
I didn't watch these shows (DBZ looks intolerable to me, and I don't even know what Gundam, FMA and SGT Frog are), so I can't exactly rejoice with you guys. But I'm happy for you.

@badsitrep

Apt, that.

Apparently, The Boondocks is getting another season as well. I've yet to watch Season 3, but I owned the entire collection of comics and saw all of Season 1 and 2.

But I'm really excited about this. Toonami is the only reason I watch anime today. My cousin loved Dragonball Z and wanted me to watch it. The only place I could watch it given being busy in elementary and middle school was on Toonami. While waiting for Dragonball Z, I watched Tenchi Muyo, Gundam (wasn't as big of a fan of that,) Sailor Moon (parents didn't like that too much…good thing they don't know about ponies…) Rurouni Kenshin, and plenty of others that came on when the line up moved to Saturdays.

It's going to be good. I really hope that the hype gets to be big enough in the next several days to get Cartoon Network/Adult Swim some really nice viewership for their efforts. I'm pretty sure that the outcry of support from fans for Steve Blum/T.O.M. and Toonami was a big part of Toonami's return. I'd like to see the people involved rewarded for that.

This is a great day for all of us. Man, woman, and anything in between. Toonami, the greatest thing to come from our childhood, will return. And on that day, of May 26, 2012, we will rejoice and cry out in joy. This has, and will be the greatest day in not only American, but World History as well.

Nintendork64 wrote:

I… yay?
I didn't watch these shows (DBZ looks intolerable to me, and I don't even know what Gundam, FMA and SGT Frog are), so I can't exactly rejoice with you guys. But I'm happy for you.

You don't know Gundam? Gundam?!?

Pray god has mercy on your soul….

Anyways, toonami was awesome. I loved samuri jack! Between phineas and ferb, MLP, Korra, and this, I'm only gonna watch kids channels.

Dac wrote:

You don't know Gundam? Gundam?!?

Pray god has mercy on your soul….

Anyways, toonami was awesome. I loved samuri jack! Between phineas and ferb, MLP, Korra, and this, I'm only gonna watch kids channels.

I've heard of Gundam, and I know it's an anime, and that's the extent of my knowledge.
Samurai Jack is on Toonami? It's considered anime?
Anyway, I'll be leaving now…

I am watching it now. I've never watched Bleach (too much to catch up on,) but the current show is pretty interesting.

Also, if I had the proper gaming system, I'd get "I am Alive" just because T.O.M. gave it a decent review.

Thank you, Adult Swim. I'd be watching a rerun of SportsCenter if it wasn't for you.

Well, yeah. I was. I like the concept of it, so I'll certainly keep tuning in for that. Not so sure about this show though. Not sure what's going on, but I haven't really been paying attention either.

It'll be nice to see Cowboy Bebop and Fullmetal Alchemist. I've seen Cowboy Bebop plenty of times before, but I've never watched Fullmetal Alchemist (the version before Brotherhood or this one) before, so I'm looking forward to that.

I'm just hoping that the ratings increase enough over the next several months of Saturdays to keep it on the air.

Despite their limited budget, I think tonight's schedule and presentation was worth the wait. Even if the block had obvious flaws, the original feeling was still present, although mixed with Adult Swim's aim at action-oriented programming. Toonami is back bitches!

💜✨KaijuSundae✨💜 wrote:

no australia = cartoon network is racist

Toonami's going to come back to Australia. We Aussies just have to wait.

Last edited May 27, 2012 at 05:35AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!