Forums / Discussion / General

232,916 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

Project X Zone: Capcom X Namco X Sega RPG

Last posted Jul 26, 2012 at 11:25AM EDT. Added Jul 02, 2012 at 08:00AM EDT
18 posts from 6 users

It looks like Namco just released info on a new RPG on the 3DS that has characters from Capcom and Sega as well! Seems like an updated Namco X Capcom, but with Sega. You can have up to 5 playable characters on screen at a time! Here are the characters confirmed so far:

NAMCO BANDAI
Sanger Somvold (Super Robot Wars), Jin and Ling Xiaoyu (Tekken), Kos-Mos and T-elos (Xenosaga), Yurie, Estelle and Flynn (Tales of Vesperia), Kite and Black Rose (.hack), Haken Browning and Kaguya Nanbu (SRW Endless Frontier), Valkyrie (Legend of Valkyrie), Alisa and Soma. (Gods Eater Burst)

CAPCOM
Ryu, Ken and Chun-Li (Street Fighter), Mega Man X and Zero (Mega Man), Demitri Maximoff, Hsien-Ko/Lei-Lei and Morrigan (Darkstalkers), Dante (Devil May Cry), Chris and Jill (Resident Evil), Arthur (Ghosts N Goblins), Frank West (Dead Rising), Princess Devilotte de Deathsatan IX (Cyberbots)

SEGA
Sakura Shinguuji, Ichirou Oogami, Erica Fontaine and Gemini Sunrise (Sakura Wars), Akira Yuki and Pai Chan (Virtua Fighter), Kurt Irving, Riela Marceris and Imca (Valkyria Chronicles), Ulala (Space Channel 5), Touma and Cyrille (Shining Force EXA), Zephyr and Leanne (Resonance of Fate), Bruno Dillinger/John McClane (Dynamite Cop/Die Hard Arcade), Rikiya Busujima (Zombie Revenge/House of the Dead)

ORIGINAL
Kogoro Tenzia and Mii Kouryuuji

For more information, here's the trailer:

Last edited Jul 02, 2012 at 08:27AM EDT

@The Trailer
At around 00:41 on the right, that looks like an area from the Megaman Battle Network series…

Edit:
Also, at 1:11 it's kind of difficult to tell but that looks a lot like a courtroom.

Last edited Jul 02, 2012 at 05:15PM EDT

Windigo With Salad wrote:

@The Trailer
At around 00:41 on the right, that looks like an area from the Megaman Battle Network series…

Edit:
Also, at 1:11 it's kind of difficult to tell but that looks a lot like a courtroom.

That's actually Cyber Peacock's stage from then MMX series.

20% Cooler than Ice Rinsankajugin wrote:

Be patient, 21. Remember, there's going to be around 200 characters (Playable/Enemies) in total when the game comes out. We're just barely at around 50.

Wait wait wait a second… how would a game like this be able to sustain that many characters!? I can get a roster of 100 the most, but 200… hot damn, 200!?

Also, I nominate Seaman for playable character, pls!

So what do you all hope to see in the game other than extra characters? To me the battles seemed like the enemies never even launched an attack, while it was probably just to show off the many playable characters' fighting styles I am hoping the game doesn't focus too much on the visual side an forget the actual gameplay. While I have to admit it looks pretty seamless when it comes to the graphics and storytelling, if the fighting is simply the a button and the control pad as it looked like in the video, they are going to need some solid combo systems or something to make the fights enjoyable past your first run with each character.

@Panda: If I remember correctly, Project X Zone's battle system is based off a combination of Namco X Capcom and Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Endless Frontier. Funny, both those games and Project X Zone were/are being made by Monolith and Banpresto and share many similar characters.

Last edited Jul 06, 2012 at 12:53AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!