Forums / Discussion / General

232,916 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
AMA: Sarah, one of our new Internet Scientists!

Last posted Sep 12, 2012 at 08:26PM EDT. Added Aug 17, 2012 at 03:26PM EDT
249 posts from 61 users

zexmaxwell001 wrote:

Favorite:
anime
game
passtime
and
works of art.

GO!

Anime: Sailor Moon for Sentimental reasons.
Video game: Pokemon Red
Board Game: Settlers of Catan
Works of art:
Visual: Rebus by Robert Rauschenberg

Landscape With The Fall of Icarus, by Pieter Brueghel the Elder

And anything by Robert Heinecken
Literature: The Picture of Dorian Gray, Oscar Wilde

Yandere Fluttershy~ wrote:

What kind of muffins do like? My favorite is blueberry. :3

Also, on a unrelated question: Mac or PC?

I really love blueberry muffins too! and bran muffins, they're yummier that one would assume.

I use a Mac! and I have an iphone.

Alex>_> wrote:

Take a look at your Mac. Now back to me. Back to Mac. Where's your iPhone?

How does it feel to know you are the smexiest scientist?

Then who was my iPhone?!

I thought Forest was the smexiest scientist! At least, I think so. Dat hair. I just have the highest percentage of body fat in the lab.

Sarah "Pikachu" Hiraki wrote:

Then who was my iPhone?!

I thought Forest was the smexiest scientist! At least, I think so. Dat hair. I just have the highest percentage of body fat in the lab.

Don't lie to us, we all know you have a Forest shrine in your bedroom o3o

Last edited Aug 27, 2012 at 01:25PM EDT

What today has been for me:

I think I'm going to change up my profile to show that new girl how cool I think she is.
I was in Wallace Idaho last ten days, hope I didn't miss any thing! Wow, I'm really happy, every things going great! We both live in washington too!

SEES THIS THREAD

You should date tomberry.

are you single?

unfortunately not. ;)

(I apologize for my sub par blockquoting)
Last edited Aug 27, 2012 at 07:01PM EDT

Trash Boat is (spoiler) W.W. wrote:

What today has been for me:

I think I'm going to change up my profile to show that new girl how cool I think she is.
I was in Wallace Idaho last ten days, hope I didn't miss any thing! Wow, I'm really happy, every things going great! We both live in washington too!

SEES THIS THREAD

You should date tomberry.

are you single?

unfortunately not. ;)

(I apologize for my sub par blockquoting)

Trashboat, everything about your profile reminds me of my first ever boyfriend.
And it's kind of cool, I guess.

Piano wrote:

Sarah, how do you feel about the fact that you now have three lovers-from-afar?

She's in seattle I'm from spokane. Our love is realistic!

Edit: I recently looked at my top secret thread. I see how it is now. Looks like ann hiro had a big glass of haterade today.

Last edited Aug 27, 2012 at 07:31PM EDT

She's in seattle I'm from spokane. Our love is realistic!

Edit: I recently looked at my top secret thread. I see how it is now. Looks like ann hiro had a big glass of haterade today.

Still afar, just not that far afar.

EDIT: Also, just because one loves from afar, that does not make such love unrealistic.

Last edited Aug 27, 2012 at 07:33PM EDT

Are you gonna be like all the other scientists and have an AMA thread and then never come back to post? cough forest cough

Or will you venture to the underground of the forums and reveal your sink fetishes?

I almost forgot, I have a actual question! You said you were in debate, that was a huge part of what I did in high school. I actually have my debate shirt on right now. Any way the question, what events did you do in debate?

#GPOY

I competed in Dual Interpretation of Literature and Oratory, mostly. And a bit of impromptu and student congress. And I was a pretty solid judge.

Alex>_> wrote:

Are you gonna be like all the other scientists and have an AMA thread and then never come back to post? cough forest cough

Or will you venture to the underground of the forums and reveal your sink fetishes?

I'm here as long as there's something to talk about, I'll be here. I'd love to keep getting feedback on episodes.

I had another thread, but i think it died. It was a PAX advice thread.

#GPOY

I competed in Dual Interpretation of Literature and Oratory, mostly. And a bit of impromptu and student congress. And I was a pretty solid judge.

YEAH! That is a very spiffy. I'm judging in the GSL right now. I'm a LD purist, and in speech I did HI and impromptu consistently (impromptu is way different in west washington). Did you compete in washington?

Edit: #GPOY! Gratuitous as in without any given reason, but this is for not. I was just subtly showing you that I was no basement lurker, as you might imply since you have implied I am like your first boyfriend and implied that my image was gpoy. (I apologize for sounding rude, but I am only attempting to keep my fighting chance alive).

Last edited Aug 27, 2012 at 09:11PM EDT

YEAH! That is a very spiffy. I'm judging in the GSL right now. I'm a LD purist, and in speech I did HI and impromptu consistently (impromptu is way different in west washington). Did you compete in washington?

Edit: #GPOY! Gratuitous as in without any given reason, but this is for not. I was just subtly showing you that I was no basement lurker, as you might imply since you have implied I am like your first boyfriend and implied that my image was gpoy. (I apologize for sounding rude, but I am only attempting to keep my fighting chance alive).

This is getting creepy.

Mack TheUnoriginal wrote:

Sarah, on a totally unrelated note, do you have any regrets about joining the community? About anything at all, really?

SHit! I didn't see this before.
I don't regret joining the KYM community, but having a profile on forums kind of freaks me out sometimes (why I never use reddit.) It's a weird cross between being entirely anonymous, how I like, and interacting with my IRL friends on tweetor and tumblr and stuff.

And you guys are weird. _

I don't regret joining the KYM community, but having a profile on forums kind of freaks me out sometimes (why I never use reddit.) It's a weird cross between being entirely anonymous, how I like, and interacting with my IRL friends on tweetor and tumblr and stuff.

HEY NOW I AM SIMPLY EXPRESSIVE

AND FAUX-DRAMATIC

AND INCREDIBLY GEEKY

Crap, you may be right on that one.

Teh Brawler wrote:

Four. Nair was one, he just got banned.

I was counting Nair, but apparently not counting someone else. List the four people you're talking about.

…well, guys, she's right, you know.

Yanmerfret wrote:

Gangnam style episode

WHEN?

There's been very serious discussion about how to do Gangnam Style. We love it so much that we want to do it right. That being said, probably not for at least another month or two.

BUT! We have some crazy cool new stuff coming out in the meantime.

Zarathh wrote:

I'm to lazy to read the questions before this page, but what is your favorite video game? (If you have one)

Assassin's Creed.
And I really like old games, or super simple games, so:
Tetris, Wario Ware, Super Mario Brothers, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine…

Assassin's Creed.
And I really like old games, or super simple games, so:
Tetris, Wario Ware, Super Mario Brothers, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine…

Points for having even played Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, let alone having it as a favorite.

Sarah Hiraki wrote:

…Dual Interpretation of Literature and Oratory…

You know, for just a moment, being clueless was sort of fun, because somehow that phrase sounded incredibly dirty.

Brucker wrote:

Sarah Hiraki wrote:

…Dual Interpretation of Literature and Oratory…

You know, for just a moment, being clueless was sort of fun, because somehow that phrase sounded incredibly dirty.

Even better, I have a trophy with a typo on it that says, "FIRST PLACE NOVICE OVATORY"
um wat.

RandomMan wrote:

How do you feel about the Homestuck episode and what are your thoughts on the backlash it caused?

I think I can safely speak for my fellow scientists when I say that we were apprehensive to tackle Homestuck in a KYM episode. But we moved forward with it because so many users requested it and because of the recent kickstarter news. It's hard to summarize and educate on a work (and it's cultural impact) in five-ish minutes. We did our best to research the meme, and drew the bulk of our information from the KYM article on Homestuck. We even had a guest writer help us out because she said she had more insight into the fandom. Despite our best efforts, the episode wasn't that well received. But, we're not discouraged and we think that our next episodes will be fun to watch.

Me personally, I preferred our futurama episode. ;)

'lo! You must login or signup first!