Forums / Discussion / General

232,916 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Last posted Oct 16, 2012 at 05:41PM EDT. Added Oct 08, 2012 at 08:52PM EDT
67 posts from 40 users

There's already been discussion in Pokemon General, but anything relating to PETA is gold. I can feel the impending lawsuits. Also, moved to General.

Cale wrote:

I think this is protected by Fair Use as Parody, is it not?

There is a point where things stop becoming Parody and become an attempt to hurt a company.

Kick their fucking ass Reggie!

As a Dewott and pokemon fan I find this very offensive.
I mean did I seriously just saw a oshawott that's been SKINED ALIVE?!

Jimmys Staus:
Unrustled []
Rustled []
Max Overrustled []
INDESCRIBABLE TIER OF RUSTLED [X]

Kick their freakin ass Nintendo!

Last edited Oct 08, 2012 at 09:45PM EDT

Congratulations, PETA, you once again completely missed what your subject matter is even about. You took the complex storyline behind Team Plasma's pokemon liberation and boiled it down to nothing. Also IT'S A MOTHERFUCKING GAME

It seems PETA has been attacking a lot of popular games lately. Some people might still remember when they attacked Mario because of the Tanooki suit or when they attacked Super Meat Boy for being, well, meat. I really don't know what they're trying to accomplish from this.

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

There is a point where things stop becoming Parody and become an attempt to hurt a company.

Kick their fucking ass Reggie!

If PETA isn't profiting, and it does seem that they're under Parody, then there isn't much Nintendo can do, at least in America.

Muffins wrote:

It seems PETA has been attacking a lot of popular games lately. Some people might still remember when they attacked Mario because of the Tanooki suit or when they attacked Super Meat Boy for being, well, meat. I really don't know what they're trying to accomplish from this.

Don't forget about Cooking Mama.

Hmm… I wonder what game they're going to attack next.

Last edited Oct 08, 2012 at 10:13PM EDT

Bleh
Just….bleh
PETA doesn't understand jack-shit about pokemon
99% of all trainers treat their pokemon with love and respect
The "caging" of them within pokeballs isn't like a normal cage, balls are designed with the pokemon's safety and comfort in mind
We've seen examples of wild pokemon fighting eachother to the death, pokemon battles recreate that in a safe, controlled environment so they DON'T kill eachother excercising their natural instincts
I played about one battle into the game and unlocked the "bonus" video
….which I already knew about, but still disgusting.
I'm all for decent treatment of animals, but comparing them to pokemon or trying to denounce something that's not even all that horrible is just fucking stupid
Planting a vid of animal abuse in the game doesn't do anything.
This was a waste of time and money for PETA, a better option would hace been to ask Nintendo for a partnership, using trainers like Ash and Brock as good examples of how to treat pokemon and animals, rather than making a parody game that pisses people off.

Last edited Oct 08, 2012 at 11:30PM EDT

Back Later wrote:

Bleh
Just….bleh
PETA doesn't understand jack-shit about pokemon
99% of all trainers treat their pokemon with love and respect
The "caging" of them within pokeballs isn't like a normal cage, balls are designed with the pokemon's safety and comfort in mind
We've seen examples of wild pokemon fighting eachother to the death, pokemon battles recreate that in a safe, controlled environment so they DON'T kill eachother excercising their natural instincts
I played about one battle into the game and unlocked the "bonus" video
….which I already knew about, but still disgusting.
I'm all for decent treatment of animals, but comparing them to pokemon or trying to denounce something that's not even all that horrible is just fucking stupid
Planting a vid of animal abuse in the game doesn't do anything.
This was a waste of time and money for PETA, a better option would hace been to ask Nintendo for a partnership, using trainers like Ash and Brock as good examples of how to treat pokemon and animals, rather than making a parody game that pisses people off.

It's also very humorous that they didn't play Black and White fully, and they "support Team Plasma" because in the beginning of the game they preach about "liberating Pokemon".

Later in the game you find out that was only a ploy made up by the Team Plasma leaders to get idiots to follow them so they can take over the world and rule it with an iron fist.

@Moon

Harley is unfortunately correct, your solution contains way too much common sense and logic for PETA's taste. They prefer shock value and mockery

It's reached a point where I can never be certain if PETA is ever serious about anything…well, maybe they were when PETA first appeared and started off protesting a one-off animal cruelty event that made sense. But since then they have become their very own parody.

The video Harley posted just confirmed my judgement, it looks like something that The Onion would come up with as satire of PETA's brash methods. All that game will achieve in doing is piss off Pokemon fans and give everyone else something to laugh about.

BalisticDerr wrote

It’s also very humorous that they didn’t play Black and White fully, and they “support Team Plasma” because in the beginning of the game they preach about “liberating Pokemon”.

Later in the game you find out that was only a ploy made up by the Team Plasma leaders to get idiots to follow them so they can take over the world and rule it with an iron fist.

Interestingly enough, one of the trainers you fight in this game is Ghetsis wearing a bunch of pokemon pelts, and when Pikachu acts confused Ghetsis replies something along the lines of "Didn't you finish Black and White? I only wanted to liberate pokemon so that I could control them! It was all revealed in an interesting plot twist"
Which confuses me even more. Does PETA just assume that Ghetsis was the only evil Plasma member and all of the other members truly wanted to save pokemon?

Ann Hiro wrote

Actually give them props for making the game.
I reward effort.

I do have to admit, the game was very well made. The animation wasn't half bad and it all looked pretty polished. I could have done without the meme references though.

Last edited Oct 09, 2012 at 12:55AM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

I could have done without the meme references though.

I feel as though Mudkips have been ruined for me, now that PETA tried to use that meme reference. It's the Family Guy effect to an even greater extreme

I thought the "I herd u liek Mudkipz" fad was dead?
Seriously. Did they just revive it in order to grind it into the dust?

Lone K. (Echoid) wrote:

I thought the "I herd u liek Mudkipz" fad was dead?
Seriously. Did they just revive it in order to grind it into the dust?

No, they're trying to save that poor, abused meme! memes exist for their own reasons

Twilitlord wrote:

No, they're trying to save that poor, abused meme! memes exist for their own reasons

Oh yeah…
OH NO, POOR, ABUSED MEME!
THEY'RE GOING TO TAKE AWAY OUR POOR, ABUSED ADVICE ANIMALS NEXT!
WHY?!?!?!
D:

I thought the “I herd u liek Mudkipz” fad was dead?

Peta doesn't think so

What were they thinking? Lets throw in a very cute and lighthearted meme into a grimdark, bloody and violent propaganda piece to improve the message appeal to younger audiences? Look at us! PETA uses memes! We are hip and cool and funny, watch our video's of chickens being slaughtered!

It just makes the whole thing even harder to take seriously

Last edited Oct 09, 2012 at 01:10AM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

I thought the “I herd u liek Mudkipz” fad was dead?

Peta doesn't think so

What were they thinking? Lets throw in a very cute and lighthearted meme into a grimdark, bloody and violent propaganda piece to improve the message appeal to younger audiences? Look at us! PETA uses memes! We are hip and cool and funny, watch our video's of chickens being slaughtered!

It just makes the whole thing even harder to take seriously

Afro-Juniper was already hard enough to stomach.

Afro-Juniper was already hard enough to stomach.

Oh, and before I forget: I find the usage of afro's to be highly offensive to me as well. As someone who bore a natural afro in my youth, I find it unfair how afro's are being portrayed as a symbol of corruption and evil by PETA members. Doesn't PETA realise that curly haired kids being being bullied in school because afro's are portrayed in media such as theirs that they belong to evil demonic clowns? I should sue.

(This is too easy, I'm having too much fun with this)

Last edited Oct 09, 2012 at 01:17AM EDT

I HOPE THEY DON'T TAKE AWAY OUR POOR, ABUSED ADVICE ANIMALS!!!
cricket chirping
I SAID, I HOPE THEY DON'T TAKE AWAY OUR POOOOOOOOR, ABUSED ADVICE ANIMALS!!!!!!!
cricket chirping

Last edited Oct 09, 2012 at 01:21AM EDT

Just gonna repost what I said in the entry here.

Anyone from Peta who was involved with this game, on the small chance that you come across this, you missed the point entirely.

For starters, the Pokemon are hardly animals. Far more intelligent than real world animals (and shouldn't you be helping them instead of video game monsters?)

You should think of your Pokemon as, using the military as an example, your Battle Buddy. It is shown that people in service that fight together in squads, forces, or just two people, are drawn together, and often stay friends even after they leave service. This is how I, and most gamers, see Pokemon. You're fighting alongside your team, facing off against evil like Team Rocket.

In other words, this

is very similar to this.

And that is what Pokemon is about; achieving friendship with a, not an animal, but a creature who might as well be a human in a way that can only be done with these creatures or other solders in war.

But my analogy may not make much sense unless you were born into a military family, always seeing mom and dad's old battle buddies around.

Addemund!!!
I ALSO WANT TO MAKE THIS CLEAR

I'm certain that none of us here think that the main idea of PETA is bad. Animal abuse isn't good (no shit) and people have seen how people on the internet react to animal abuse. (IE Dusty the Cat)

But don't got fucking around with Pokemon. Its not like that.

Last edited Oct 09, 2012 at 01:31AM EDT

And boy! Look at that trainer! The nerve of him, protecting his Pokemon from turning into stone!

Those Pokemon aren't abused, or tortured, or have anything wrong with them. They really care for their trainers, just as the trainers care for them.

And if you say "Oh, well its only Stockholm's Syndrome." I'd agree with you, just like being a child of two parents is pretty much Stockholm's Syndrome.

face palm Oh PETA PETA PETA.

One thing I'm wondering is why it took them this long to target the Pokemon franchise, but they did it, they finally did it and it's as horrible as I expected.

madcat wrote:

There's already been discussion in Pokemon General, but anything relating to PETA is gold. I can feel the impending lawsuits. Also, moved to General.

Sad to say, but don't hold your breath. PETA's done this kinda crap with both Mario and Cooking Mama and nothing came out of it.

Did they mention XD Gale Of Darkness of Colosseum? Because, to be fair, those are all about the villains mind-raping Pokemon to make them hardened battle machines. Which is a lot like the Mewtwo experiment, or anything Team Rocket/Galactic does in general. Of course, the point in all of those cases is that only villains pull that kind of crap and the heroes always fight those who abuse their Pokemon. Also, this is a heck-ton like the people who claim that shoot-em-up video games make you more violent, only taken up to stupidity levels X10.

@Katia Managan the Gangster

Quote:
"I ALSO WANT TO MAKE THIS CLEAR
I’m certain that none of us here think that the main idea of PETA is bad."

Actually, PETA isn't just about animal abuse. The main goal of PETA (and they've made this abundantly clear) is total animal liberation. That doesn't stop at making it so you can't eat bacon and eggs. That means no honey on your morning toast (bees are part of it), no zoos of any kind, and if you think after a long days work it's nice to see your dog's floppy ears and wagging tail greeting you at the door you are a selfish, selfish monster. Of course, seeing eye dogs are out of the question too, not to mention animal testing and transplants, without which many people would die.

So yeah, PETA is completely out of their fucking minds.

Last edited Oct 09, 2012 at 10:49AM EDT

…. God dammit PETA. I hope that Nintendo does sue them, but I don't think it would do much. Back on subject. I also used to respect PETA somewhat, Twilit. But they jumped off the deep end a long time ago, and they're in to deep over their heads to get out. Now whatever they do seems to come out of the mind of someone who hit their head against a brick wall repeatedly and say "I have a good idea!" This just made me laugh out loud at their stupidity though.

It's painfully obvious to me now. PETA's real goal is to liberate all the animals so that they'll be the only ones left with animals. They're going to take over with war elephants and attack dogs, and maybe launch an enormous castle out from underneath the White House.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!