Forums / Discussion / General

232,914 total conversations in 7,791 threads

+ New Thread

The Art Help General

Last posted Jan 20, 2013 at 09:05AM EST. Added Jan 20, 2013 at 08:32AM EST
3 posts from 3 users

Some of us on KYM are artists, some better than others. Some of us are still trying to get on our feet. So this thread is to help not just those people, but everyone. Just ask questions.

My personal question is considering colouring and shading. I want to get results like this:

Look at the colours and shading. It's good isn't it? I could sktech that, including the shading. But considering digital colouring and shading, how the FUCK do so many people produce quality stuff while anything I make is shit?

But considering digital colouring and shading, how the FUCK do so many people produce quality stuff while anything I make is shit?

Time, patience, and a lot of trial and error. You'll ultimately make good shit if you keep focusing on getting better at it, man.

As for colouring and shading, you could always look up tutorials online, maybe buy a book on digital art or take up college on it, if you have the time and resource.

And don't beat yourself up if it doesn't come out EXACTLY as it is there on your first try or later ones. I can't stretch that enough.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!