Forums / Discussion / General

232,904 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

He's back

Last posted Jan 23, 2013 at 12:23AM EST. Added Jan 22, 2013 at 07:18PM EST
6 posts from 5 users

Although I was by no means a fan of Demo Reel, it's sad to see it added to the pile of failed ideas. Let's hope Doug has some fresh ideas for Nostalgia Critic.

Wouldn't this belong in general instead of JFF?
Anyways, I'm glad to see that he's coming back because he wants to, not because the fans bitched at him about it. I'm extremely excited about this I'm not gonna get too excited about this just yet because we don't know what the feel of his new reviews will be.

When NC was still making reviews, I would always think that he has to run out of ideas sometime due to the fact that he only reviewed things from the 80s and 90s (with the exception of The Room). So the removal of cutoff dates will make things feel fresher. February 5th can not come quickly enough.

I have mixed feelings about this announcement. First, I'm kind of glad since he's now going back to the stuff that made him famous. However, Demo Reel, though I never really watched it, hasn't even been around for a year, and yet he's done with it already. After all, he put a lot into the show, and even had casting calls and got his own seperate studio, now all that's going to waste. I don't know what to think about that.

Due to it being incredibly unpopular I can see why Doug thought Demo Reel had no real potential and decided to move on to other projects that made him and viewers happy. It's really a shame that it ended before it even had a real fighting chance, but I think Doug made the right decision in ending it and he might even use that studio for other projects.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!