Forums / Discussion / General

232,916 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

NHL General

Last posted Jun 24, 2013 at 11:00PM EDT. Added May 11, 2013 at 11:47PM EDT
99 posts from 12 users

Hello, funny seeing you here! Welcome to NHL General. Please, feel free to post anything NHL. Have a nice stay! Also, i made a Know Your Meme GM Connected on xbox 360 nhl 13. Im gm of the pens. Feel free to join and add me! Have a nice day!

level4outbreak wrote:

My Islanders got eliminated tonight.

Don't mind me. I'm just going to wallow in my sadness for a bit…

Wow, thats funny. My team advances tonight, huh.

xTSGx wrote:

C'mon Wings. Let's see you get to the second round. (God, I hate game 7's.)

Nah man, wings have to many already. Let the ducks get a chance.

Hockey is my least favorite sport, but I always go for the Dallas Stars. GO STARS – 1999 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!! U MAD BUFFALO?!

Derpy Vaz wrote:

Red Wings win Game 7 against the Ducks.
That means the Kings vs. Red Wings.
Tickets go on sale Monday

Actually, it's an Original Eight match up between the Wings and Hawks. Kings will face the choke artists Sharks in round two.

Oh yeah, Wings won! I love it when they upset other teams. It's really funny, because they were decried as the "Dead Wings" only a few years ago due to their aging lineup and now, they have five rookies playing. So much for an old decrepit team.

I really hope the Leaves can win their game seven. They've been in the basement for long enough.

xTSGx wrote:

Actually, it's an Original Eight match up between the Wings and Hawks. Kings will face the choke artists Sharks in round two.

Oh yeah, Wings won! I love it when they upset other teams. It's really funny, because they were decried as the "Dead Wings" only a few years ago due to their aging lineup and now, they have five rookies playing. So much for an old decrepit team.

I really hope the Leaves can win their game seven. They've been in the basement for long enough.

You're right. I just read the news wrong. It had said if the ducks win they would play the Kings, but yeah, that didn't happen. I really hate the Ducks so I am glad they are out of it and I've never been fond of the sharks either so I hope the Kings kick their asses.

Rimshot wrote:

So the first is sfw but not that? Hmmm,mm,

don't ask me. I was banned "for posting bulge" my opinion (and seems like KYM senior mods) differ with some mods as to what is and isn't NSFW but this isn't the place for that discussion.

Back to hockey

I'm rooting for NY and the Toronto to win tonight

Derpy Vaz wrote:

don't ask me. I was banned "for posting bulge" my opinion (and seems like KYM senior mods) differ with some mods as to what is and isn't NSFW but this isn't the place for that discussion.

Back to hockey

I'm rooting for NY and the Toronto to win tonight

Same

The New York Rangers crushed the Capitals tonight and now they're off to the next round. As a New York Islanders fan, I feel a little ashamed of myself for rooting for the Rangers but their the best I've got at the moment.

level4outbreak wrote:

The New York Rangers crushed the Capitals tonight and now they're off to the next round. As a New York Islanders fan, I feel a little ashamed of myself for rooting for the Rangers but their the best I've got at the moment.

As a TEXAS RANGERS fan, I love that picture. That was from game three of the 2011 World Series when Albert Pujols hit three home runs as the St. Louis Cardinals beat the Texas Rangers 16-7. Someone tell that guy that New York is the other way.

@ Leafs (shouldn't it be "Leaves"?) implosion
That's brutal. Blowing a 4-2 lead with 3:00 minutes to play. I'm glad I'm not a Leafs fan right now or I'd be fuming. I really wanted them to win to. It seemed like they were really lethargic there near the end. Not going after the Bruins and once they tied it, I knew the ride was almost over.

@Derpy Vazquez
Those tickets must have cost a small country's GDP.

@Capitols blowing a 3-2 series lead
Par for the course. The Caps are like the Sharks of the East. They both need to be taught the Heimlich Maneuver.

Rimshot wrote:

Wow, thats funny. My team advances tonight, huh.

Crosby sucks
Teh ottawa > penguins
I don't even watch hockey except to watch pittsburgh lose. prepare your anus for…uh…Craig anderson…?

Ernest Is dead wrote:

Crosby sucks
Teh ottawa > penguins
I don't even watch hockey except to watch pittsburgh lose. prepare your anus for…uh…Craig anderson…?

U jus hata

Dang it, I just realized I don't have a back up team to root for in case the Wings lose. Let's see,

Kings won it last year so they're out.

Blackhawks are favored to win so they're out.

The Sharks always make the playoffs so they're out. Guess it'll have to be Eastern Conference.

My hatred towards the Penguins is rapidly approaching Avalanche levels, so they're out.

The Bruins won it the year before last, so they're out.

Looks like it's either the Rangers or Senators. Prefered Stanley Cup match up: Red Wings v Senators, with the Wings naturally winning.

Fun fact: The Avalanche have been in the playoffs every year the Wings have won it since 97. With the exception of 98, the Wings have defeated the Avalanche en route to each of their Stanley Cup victories. It's gonna suck when the realignment happens next year.

Congratulations, Penguins, you're the new Avalanche.

xTSGx wrote:

Dang it, I just realized I don't have a back up team to root for in case the Wings lose. Let's see,

Kings won it last year so they're out.

Blackhawks are favored to win so they're out.

The Sharks always make the playoffs so they're out. Guess it'll have to be Eastern Conference.

My hatred towards the Penguins is rapidly approaching Avalanche levels, so they're out.

The Bruins won it the year before last, so they're out.

Looks like it's either the Rangers or Senators. Prefered Stanley Cup match up: Red Wings v Senators, with the Wings naturally winning.

Fun fact: The Avalanche have been in the playoffs every year the Wings have won it since 97. With the exception of 98, the Wings have defeated the Avalanche en route to each of their Stanley Cup victories. It's gonna suck when the realignment happens next year.

Congratulations, Penguins, you're the new Avalanche.

I would post something about your last line but opspe wouldnt like me breaking rule 6 so, i wish to not speak of you anymore

@Derpy Vazquez
>implying we didn't lose the first game of the previous series and still win it

But seriously, what is up with the Wings and horrible third periods? If we don't have a three goal lead going into the third, I start to get nervous. Oh well, I'm just glad we made the playoffs to begin with.

Dat Nyquist goal. It's like poetry.

Gotta love the butthurt from Backhawk fans over disallowed goal. Especially after the Franzen boarding. Karma's so sweet.

Fun fact: Datsyuk was drafted 171st overall in the 6th round. Oh Ken Holland, where would we be without you?

Loses game and still makes it as 3rd star of the game

THREE STARS OF THE GAME

1ST
J. THORNTONC
G: 0 SHOTS: 0
A: 1 HITS: 1
PTS: 1 PIM: 0
+/-: 1 TOI: 19:39

2ND
A. NIEMIG
SA: 23 TOI: 59:58
GA: 1 EV: 20-20
PIM: 0 PP: 1-2
SV%: .957 SH: 1-1

3RD
J. QUICKG
SA: 23 TOI: 58:54
GA: 2 EV: 17-18
PIM: 0 PP: 4-5
SV%: .913 SH: 0-0

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!