Forums / Discussion / General

232,916 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

boycot ea?

Last posted Oct 04, 2013 at 05:03AM EDT. Added Oct 01, 2013 at 03:49PM EDT
19 posts from 15 users

so after seeing an image with all the information about EA's atrocoties against the gaming industry how come no one boycotts it?

is it really that hard to unify the gaming community against that company?

sure, they published a lot of good games recently, but sacrafices need to be made to win a war…

hell, this coulndn't be a better time, now that BF4 is coming out and it looks EXACTLY like BF3…

so maybe it's possible?

Honestly, I don't really care too much, maybe the majority of gamers feel the same? What "atrocities" are we talking about?
BF3 looking like BF4 isn't an atrocity….

Last edited Oct 01, 2013 at 04:21PM EDT

Dac wrote:

Honestly, I don't really care too much, maybe the majority of gamers feel the same? What "atrocities" are we talking about?
BF3 looking like BF4 isn't an atrocity….

im talking about this:

so many great studios destroyed, so many great IP's mutilated, and constant atrocious buisness practices like on-disk DLC, DRM, origin and more.

and the worst part about this is that other companies see how ea gets away with this shit and mimick these practices.

Can't see anything. Anyways, on-disk dlc and drm are lousy practices, but not atrocities. Fact of the matter is, I do like their sports games as well as the battlefield series and besides map packs, I don't buy dlc, so that's why I don't boycott.

Jolly Jew wrote:

im talking about this:

so many great studios destroyed, so many great IP's mutilated, and constant atrocious buisness practices like on-disk DLC, DRM, origin and more.

and the worst part about this is that other companies see how ea gets away with this shit and mimick these practices.

so what all media companies do this. people just get butthurt really easy these days

Jolly Jew wrote:

strange, when i was ok with EA i got downvoted to hell for protesting against the hate…

also, here is a list of what EA has done

>implying we should trust /v/ as a non-biased, non-circlejerking source
>2013
>mfw

Last edited Oct 01, 2013 at 04:47PM EDT

@Dac

Man, I love need for speed hot pursuit.

High Stakes, Hot Pursuit and Hot Pursuit 2 were the best in the series for me. Every NFS title past HP2 didn't look like they were worth bothering with.

@Owens

I do my part by not using their shitty digital distribution service.
I don’t need Origin. Steam works just fine, thanks.

Hear hear. Origin is a terrible, pointless service. Uplay is a terrible, pointless service.

One distribution service to rule them all! ALL HAIL STEAM!

>implying people don't buy their shit already

I do have the sims, madden, and ncaa football, which are pretty good games, however I definitely check reviews before I get a EA game. But if by boycott, then refrain from buying games starting now, then I'm in.

"is it really that hard to unify the gaming community against that company?""

dude you'd be the perfect guy to stand up in public and rally everyone up

A boycott against EA is likely to work as well as the boycott against Blizzard went after they shut down the open-source bnetd project. Which was before they released WoW.

Last edited Oct 03, 2013 at 09:52PM EDT

After what they did to Sim city, and Microsoft did to Age of Empires, I'm moving away from AAA games in general. There's just no originality anymore.

What's the difference between Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 4? They're both FPS, both have you shoot opponents with guns, both let you use tanks and planes. The only real difference is one costs sixty bucks, requires you to jump through twenty hoops to install, and requires Direct X 17 and 8 gigs of RAM to play.

Same thing with Sim City and Sim City 4, Need For Speed 3 and Hot Pursuit, etc. Most of the time, the only difference is the pixels are a bit shinier and the plot slightly different. The mechanics are all the same, the stories are all basically the same, and the boredom after playing for three hours is all the same.

It's why I rarely buy games anymore. My fifteen year old games still suite me just fine.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!