Forums / Discussion / General

232,916 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

Anyone remember Postopia?

Last posted Jan 27, 2014 at 09:07AM EST. Added Jan 25, 2014 at 07:13PM EST
9 posts from 6 users

I was walking through the cereal aisle and found the fruity/cocoa pebbles taking up most of the Post section. It suddenly reminded me of when I tried going back to Postopia only to find that it had been replaced with an all Flintstones thing containing only a couple worthless minigames and some other shit.

I felt like I had my heart ripped out when I found that. I wanted to post something like that under the "Ruined Childhood" section, but it would feel like another one of those "those don't exist anymore" pics with the "Oh god, why" face.

I feel the best way to represent it's replacement would be a picture of Fred Flintstone approaching those kids from Postopia with a bloody club or something. If only I was an artist, then again, making such a picture would hurt inside.

Anybody remember it?

Honestly, all their games were very fun when I was young. Good times… My favorites were Mini Golf and the Flintstones' fruity pebbles board game.

Last edited Jan 25, 2014 at 08:21PM EST

Who wants a muffin wrote:

I personally loved building those robots, and then there was that strawberry honeycomb game… Never beat it though…

I also like how you can customize your own stage. Kind of funny that game was inspired from Super Mario Bros and now reminds me of LittleBigPlanet…

Last edited Jan 25, 2014 at 10:31PM EST

Serious Business wrote:

Web Archive to the Rescue!

In all seriousness, it's been cataloged. It might not all work, and you might have to adjust the wayback machine's settings to get it to the time you remember, but I wish you well in your internet time-travel adventures.

Oh yes, I remember the site looking exactly like that…

Minus all the broken images…

My first instinct was to go and try to build those robots again… Only to find it was one of the things that was broken…

The only thing that's keeping me from being more sad than the time I learned Toontown was closing is the fact that the old website still exists.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!