Forums / Discussion / General

232,905 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

Really Bad Games General ( RBGG )

Last posted Apr 28, 2014 at 05:10PM EDT. Added Apr 09, 2014 at 07:23PM EDT
32 posts from 26 users

Post games you hate, or Games that people hate…

But let's start.
Let's try to add a lot. or You make one, Top Xs, Lists. Anything. Just nothing cringeworthy.

- Rouge Warrior

- The Simpsons Skateboarding

- Sonic the Hedgehog

Basically this thread is 'list all the games considered bad by everyone', and will just resort to people mentioning Sonic 06/Ride to Hell/Zelda CDi etc. Why not mention games that you personally didn't like rather than going for the obvious? It would make the thread way more interesting, and allows more discussion. There's been plenty of 'list objectively bad games' threads in the past, why not do something fresh?

For example, I recently played Yoshi's New Island and couldn't help but be disappointed. The music was very hit or miss, the new gameplay features were pretty meh at times (especially the timed vehicular sections) and the better ones featured only appeared at certain times. As a huge fan of the old ones, It's was a big disappointment

See? Things like that would make this thread seem a lot more relevant. We all get Sonic 06 is bad, but there's a point you just get sick of hearing people say the same thing over and over again.

Twenty-One wrote:

Basically this thread is 'list all the games considered bad by everyone', and will just resort to people mentioning Sonic 06/Ride to Hell/Zelda CDi etc. Why not mention games that you personally didn't like rather than going for the obvious? It would make the thread way more interesting, and allows more discussion. There's been plenty of 'list objectively bad games' threads in the past, why not do something fresh?

For example, I recently played Yoshi's New Island and couldn't help but be disappointed. The music was very hit or miss, the new gameplay features were pretty meh at times (especially the timed vehicular sections) and the better ones featured only appeared at certain times. As a huge fan of the old ones, It's was a big disappointment

See? Things like that would make this thread seem a lot more relevant. We all get Sonic 06 is bad, but there's a point you just get sick of hearing people say the same thing over and over again.

I had a Wii, I bought this game called, " Aritic (something about polar bears) " The game itself was dull, and didn't have a feeling towards simulation…

Another game was B-Boy, played it for 2 days, then returned.

Fiddle with my Diddle wrote:

How dare you! This game has the best soundtrack, best selection of vehicles, and it is the most realistic raining simulator money can buy

There's always this:

The original Modern Warfare was pretty awesome for its time. Everyone was really hyped for the return of Infinity Ward with this game, and it ended up being a huge disappointment. It was a pretty big step backwards from the original. It replaced the gritty portrayals of special forces operatives and war-torn countries with a bunch of over-the-top set pieces you'd expect from a Michael Bay movie, and featured a bizarre plot that totally ripped off Red Dawn. A lot of the multiplayer additions were just gimmicky, and they diluted the experience I'd come to enjoy from CoD4.

Standing on its own, it wasn't a terrible game; it just didn't live up to the hype and was the first sign of the series going downhill.

Last edited Apr 10, 2014 at 07:49AM EDT

In order to keep this thread unique, I'mma make some rules for this…

- No games that have a huge reputation, your opinions or unique ones are allowed…

- Please for fucks sake, no Flame Wars…

- Give a nice reason why you didn't enjoy the game.

- Do not downvote just cause you might like this game.

If you have a problem with these rules, tell me which ones and why…

Last edited Apr 10, 2014 at 09:15PM EDT

Davian Thule the USS Reno wrote:

As a Command and Conquer fan, I hate this:

Seriously, no base-building, a freaking population cap, and a terrible single-player experience(as most reviews and experience by gamers state)? Wow. not even worthy of being pirated.

"Honorable" mention goes for the lousiest expansion pack in the C&C history: Not multiplayer at all, dumb campaign, cartoonish graphics and exaggerate fanservice. The only salvageable thing was the commander's challenge mode.

What makes this a bad game compared to the rest of the franchise is that the campaign wasn't bad but it didn't feel as gripping as Halo 3 or Reach because it just felt like Master Chief had no affect on the world. This coupled with the weak story of just bringing back the forerunners rather then somethings with a massive army that actually attacked the good guys first.

But what truly makes this disappointing is destroying the multiplayer to make it conform with modern shooters. The soldiers are too fast and feel like they have less health. The class system is an abomination and the worst part about it. Everyone uses DMR/Battle Rifle and never resorts to the finding and capture of power weapons because they can be shot down in seconds and barely use it. Traditionally there was an element of not letting a sword guy near you and to outflank him. Now just shoot him before he gets close. It overdid the chaos to Call of Duty levels but that's CoDs job not Halo's. The maps (including DLC) have no effort put into them other then maybe a cheap gimmick this sums the entire game up. For example forge world on Halo: Reach was massive and gave you lots of different templates to work on from the pre-made islands or a ton of space for you to star int the middle of nowhere, Halo 4 free forge map was 3 round islands varying from tiny to very small to small with nothing on them.

TLDR: Halo 4 is not a game for fans and is substandard for Halo and any other FPS.

Alright, it's been said way too many times before, but why did they have the need to combine a racing game and a platformer? JonTron's review speaks for itself:

Algernon wrote:

There's always this:

The original Modern Warfare was pretty awesome for its time. Everyone was really hyped for the return of Infinity Ward with this game, and it ended up being a huge disappointment. It was a pretty big step backwards from the original. It replaced the gritty portrayals of special forces operatives and war-torn countries with a bunch of over-the-top set pieces you'd expect from a Michael Bay movie, and featured a bizarre plot that totally ripped off Red Dawn. A lot of the multiplayer additions were just gimmicky, and they diluted the experience I'd come to enjoy from CoD4.

Standing on its own, it wasn't a terrible game; it just didn't live up to the hype and was the first sign of the series going downhill.

You don't really get it. This game is an example why I do like some shooter games. It has pretty nice atmosphere as it tries to be as bizarre and sensible as possible. The plot wasn't good, it was satisfactory. The gameplay is where it is at. I'm guessing you're the kind of person that likes the game's plot more than the gameplay because this game is the massive flag that is the mountain of first person shooters. It's predecessor is still great, but to this day people still love this game and for what its worth. People like its multiplayer because it was unique and bizarre. It's for the gameplay lad.

Excluding the Black Ops Zombies modes, the series was going downhill after this point.

@Dac I really felt it lost what made halo stick out from most FPS are (using a CoD formula not that it's bad but few modern FPS had it's style) and because of this it lost it's edge. I can see why you like it I just don't.

Now for the next bad game to review is…

Although I have not played any other Hitman games so I can't compare it to the franchise/predecessors. However i really didn't enjoy this game.

The first problem starts when you enter the tutorial and it states you can play the game however you want, yet you're penalized for killing and going loud. This negates they fun environmental and unique weapon kills if you want points. Also difficult is fun when it is like say Dark Souls because Dark Souls feels like you can go back and kill these huge monstrosities after a failure. Hitman on the other hand feels like it's difficult for the sake of being difficult and leaves you with not a hint on where to go so you get caught and die by going the wrong way and trial and error is just too time consuming and not enjoyable. Although this personal I felt the stealth was just too slow paced.

I cannot really comment on the plot because I haven't played the others. However from what I got the characters and particularly Agent 47 were bland and very boring.

P.S I'm going with Random 27 of not just picking on the obvious bad games. I think we should go for games that are not considered bad at least to the conversation going stale and pointless.

Last edited Apr 13, 2014 at 06:25AM EDT

Marvel vs Capcom 3

I consider this game bad not so much because of the actual gameplay, which is fine, but because of how lousy the full package is. No story line at all even though they promised one that would connect the two worlds, online play didnt allow other players to see the fight going on, less characters than MvC2, only two DLC characters. In order to get the others, you had to practically repurchase the same game. Why? Because of the disater in Japan they said. How is it that making millions of physical disks and distributing them is a cheaper and more manageable than putting it up for download?

I haven't played Fatal Frame before, but I can easily explain why this isn't a good game. First, let me explain how it works: The game comes with a book that you'll scan with the 3DS camera to trigger events, and you play the whole game with the camera. You only use the Control Pad to switch lens and choose menu stuff.

First off, they could have done a better job with the story. Not bad, but it's not the big deal, and the ending wasn't so great, not to mention the game itself is short.
But what bothers me the most is how linear it was. I thought you'd scan whatever page you considered the best, and face anything waiting for you; but it turns out the main character guides you through the whole game, the lens you get later on are used a couple of times, and it's obvious asides from the character telling you to use them. Basically, you're limited to scanning and fighting bosses. Some parts were fun, but after beating it, I was disappointed.

The 1st Alone in the Dark is considered the big daddy of Resident Evil. But sometimes I think Infogrames either made a good formula by accident, or screwed up afterwards triying to give the series more action.
Not only is this game linear too, but the fighting mechanics suck big time. Aiming in Alone in the Dark is hard enough, because of the camera system since there are preset angles, and you can't see what is in front of you most of the time. Now add lots of zombies with freaking Tommy Guns, a maze at the start of the game full of these enemies, puzzles that don't make much sense, and inevitable deaths. You have to die in most parts without no warning beforehand to find out where to go. This game is so frustrating I don't know how I got to beat it, and feel bad for it. AitD 3 is pretty much the same, but on a different scenario.

Call of Dut-
WAIT DON'T KRAMA BOMB ME YET!!!!!
CoD World at War is one of my favorite games for the PS3. Especially the campaign and the Zombie mode. I still find myself replaying the old CoD games on my play station. I haven't played CoD 4 yet, so I won't judge that. And then this rolled along:

And it sold gazillions of titles. And then they made another… And another and a-fucking-nother. So now the FPS industry stale now because cod rakes in money from morons, and we have the money grubbing Antichrists at Activision to thank for that.
Bottom line: If you buy it, you're feeding an ever growing brain rot in video games.

Ever wanted to play a fighting game were every combo results in a quick time event? This game seems more like a game of rock paper scissors with buttons than a fighting game. I haven't touched it in years and i'm glad.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!