Forums / Discussion / General

232,916 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
Shootings, Gun Laws, and Hashtags Galore General

Last posted Jun 12, 2014 at 12:56PM EDT. Added Jun 12, 2014 at 12:37AM EDT
2 posts from 2 users

So, since there are many articles in a small span of time on these subjects that has incited some pretty great (and not so great) in the comment sections of these articles.) Because of this, I guess a forum is good to have around about it, right? What do you think the US government should do anout gun control? Stricter? Lax the laws? Straight up prohibition? What do you think could be the root cause (if there is a root at all, more like root causes) of a few of these incidents? Why is there a sudden burst in these violent incidents? Why is the media covering it more than ever now?

Honestly, I don't know the answer to any of these questions myself outside of a few educated guesses, so. i'll just listen to your educated guesses because most of them are probably as good as mine! Even if you aren't from the US and don't really care, it's still quite interesting to delve into if you try. In fact, if you're from outside of the US, you can have a more objective view and you can compare your country's legislation with the US's to see what works where.

Last edited Jun 12, 2014 at 12:38AM EDT

I think mental illness is the cause. If physical-health checkups are common and even mandatory sometimes, mental-health checkups should be the same way.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!