Forums / Discussion / General

232,904 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

Steam Summer Sale 2014

Last posted Jun 23, 2014 at 09:01AM EDT. Added Jun 19, 2014 at 01:00PM EDT
31 posts from 21 users

The Steam Summer Sale has officially begun for 2014 (June 19 – June 30). Any games you're excited to see drop in prices? Think they're all a bunch of shitty indie titles? Wishing your wallet wasn't full of moths and air? Let's discuss it here.

Last edited Jun 19, 2014 at 01:00PM EDT

I still haven't had the chance to play Hotline Miami, and I just saw it's on sale for $1.50. I also kinda want to nab DayZ while it's on sale.

madcat wrote:

I still haven't had the chance to play Hotline Miami, and I just saw it's on sale for $1.50. I also kinda want to nab DayZ while it's on sale.

Big issue with DayZ is that it'll probably never be on sale for more than 15% while it's in development, and it'll probably always be in development. Oh well.

I might get Dark Souls 2 and Sonic Adventure, but that's the max. Mainly because my wallet is full of moths and cobwebs and my computer isn't very good for games. Every game I get puts more strain on its hard-drive.

Somebody help I'm stuck on whether to buy Fallout 3: GOTY Edition or wait until another game comes along! I already have Fallout 3 on another platform (just the vanilla though; no DLC) but it tends to freeze every now and again. Should I still buy?

RubyMcGyroid wrote:

Somebody help I'm stuck on whether to buy Fallout 3: GOTY Edition or wait until another game comes along! I already have Fallout 3 on another platform (just the vanilla though; no DLC) but it tends to freeze every now and again. Should I still buy?

Get Fallout 3. Fallout 3 is best Fallout. The full experience is best with all the DLC and no freezing. What else are you waiting for? I really recommend it, even though you already have the lamer version.

Slutty Sam wrote:

Get Fallout 3. Fallout 3 is best Fallout. The full experience is best with all the DLC and no freezing. What else are you waiting for? I really recommend it, even though you already have the lamer version.

My feelings exactly. The only issue for me is that I keep hearing that Fallout 3 (when played through Steam) keeps on crashing on Windows 7 and 8.
I have Windows 8.1 which is apparently incompatible with Fallout 3 unless I start messing around with certain files or I download "Games For Windows Live" and play through that.

Serious Business wrote:

Can I just say that the Summer Sale is a great time to get gifts for others? If a friend of yours has always thought about getting Skyrim, it's $4.99 today.

Others like your best friend Cale.

RubyMcGyroid wrote:

I have Fallout 3: GOTY for my 360 and I found that installing it to my hard drive caused the game to freeze significantly less.

I already picked up They Breath, Defy Gravity, One Way Heroics, Hitman Absolution Elite Edition, and, the game I've been waiting to pick up for a while, Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.

I can guarantee that I'll be picking up a shitload more as time goes on.

Purchased: Bleed, Explodemon, Marlow Briggs, Proteus, Savant – Ascent, Stealth Bastard Deluxe, Stranded, The Swapper, Blood of the Werewolf, Contrast, Retro City Rampage, Hotline Miami

Received: Insurgency

Gifted: Marlow Briggs, Skyrim, The Stanley Parable

i will buy a sale steam game for the first user to print off a picture of the filthy dutchman randomman and put it in the garbage where he belongs

edit: or the toilet haha

Last edited Jun 23, 2014 at 12:17AM EDT

But seriously:
I am going to see if the price of Planetary Annihilation is going to go down lower then 16.99$. If not, I can guy it with in the last hour before it goes off sale.

I did get Far Cry 3 for 10$ with all the DLCs and The Stanley Parable for 6$.

Thankfully I bought myself 4 new sticks of RAM to replace my two crappy 1gb ones. Soon I'll have Twice the GB of RAM and 4 times the GHz and will be able to play the new vidya.

I saved all my cash for this event. :D

Captain Blubber wrote:

i will buy a sale steam game for the first user to print off a picture of the filthy dutchman randomman and put it in the garbage where he belongs

edit: or the toilet haha

Let me know if you want the unblurred version.

Last edited Jun 23, 2014 at 02:14AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!