Forums / Discussion / General

232,905 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

Mouse vs Mau5 (Disney vs Deadmau5)

Last posted Sep 06, 2014 at 01:13PM EDT. Added Sep 05, 2014 at 09:00PM EDT
7 posts from 5 users

So has anyone else been watching the Deadmau5 news lately? It's been pretty lively.

First Ferrari C&D the "Purrari" that Joel had wrapped. (I didn't even know you could C&D a car.)

Then Nissan offered up a replacement.

But then Disney decided they wanted to get in on the C&Ds, so they C&D the Deadmau5 logo. But then Joel found a way to fight back and is C&Ding a AMV they posted with his Ghost and Stuff song.

I tell ya, I'm about to need some popcorn for this feed. lol.

Last edited Sep 05, 2014 at 09:01PM EDT

Well this looks like it will be the Little Corolla vs the Big Turbocharged Mack Truck. Disney has their own legal division that deals with this type of stuff between all of divisions and a bargeload of lawyers who specialize in this type of things. Disney isnt a company that just uses random music for a video. there is a chance that some intern may have not followed the rules but i dont have royalty or documents that allow disney to use the song. IF this goes to court, then i can see that disney will make this a long cold and expensive battle. Disney has Billions and one of the best legal teams and has a MASSIVE income from around the globe. If disney did make the AMV illegaly (unlikey but still there is a chance since we dont see any evidence to support or hinder either case) Disney will just get fined and a small tap on the wrist. interestingly enough that video is still up…

As for the Purrari, it was for the Horse logo being changed to a Cat i belive

Last edited Sep 05, 2014 at 09:41PM EDT

blue wrote:

Why would Disney C&D him? It's not like they still use Mickey.

They actually have very recently started bringing back Mickey shorts. That and it looks like Disney is trying to get into the EDM scene with their Re-Micks and the album they just released. Apparently the mau5 is too similar to the mouse. xD

Last edited Sep 06, 2014 at 01:15PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!