Forums / Discussion / General

232,905 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

Have you ever had a dream where you didn't wanna wake up?

Last posted Jan 01, 2015 at 01:04AM EST. Added Nov 12, 2014 at 07:27PM EST
21 posts from 20 users

Not just a real good dream, but like any dream. Like a dream so strange and surreal you wanted to stay a bit longer to see what happened. You don't need to say the whole dream if you don't want too or don't feel comfortable. I think the kind of dreams people don't wanna wake up from can really make people think and others understand what that person is like.

One of the dreams I had that I didn't wanna wake up from was a flying dream (quite popular from what I hear). I was a dragon and could fly wherever I wanted. Just felt fantastic to fly, but also kinda strange because I'm terrified of flying and heights, but still felt awesome to be able to fly freely.

I had a pretty good dream when I avoided committing suicide.
When I went to sleep, knowing I didn't take myself out (At least not for another 45 years), I dreamt I was, of course, a Pokemon Trainer. I had my Feraligatr, Latios, Blaziken, Salamence, Gallade, Giratina, everything.
I have to say it was the first dream I didn't wanna wake up from. I woke up just when I reached Lavaridge Gym, and I was in a shite mood for the rest of the day. I was happier messing around, beating the snot out of opposing trainers and having a great time flying around on Salamence or teaching Feraligatr Ice Punch. I wanted to stay a Pokemon Master. Not go back to a shitty school where I was the laughingstock with no friends and a mother that hated me. I felt free, and happy
Jesus, that got depressing quickly. Here, have adorable Latias.

Yup.
But they're nearly all too stupid and/or sexy to talk about.
But most shared a common factor: I was semi-lucid in them. Once I know I'm dreaming, I can do things like change who the people are in my dreams. But not exactly. For example, I could change a female person into a somewhat similar male person, and vice versa.
But once you know you're lucid, you also know you're on the clock and that you'll wake up soon, so you want to make the best of it. And I never had full control over what was going on in a dream, and it often took what felt like effort to make things happen.
But yeah, definitely had dreams I never wanted to wake up from. I'm pretty sure everyone has.

Also, I recommend people keep a notepad next to their bed to write down what happened in their dreams as soon as they wake up, before they forget.
Otherwise, I would've never remembered surfboarding on a tidal wave out of a bookstore with Lara Croft.

Usually the ones that give me inspiration for an amazing book, movie, video game, or all three. These are super rare and are usually super long, but I adore them. I can't remember too many to be honest. I should try to write some of them down because a few were genuinely good ideas for a story to something. I really regret not doing so. Even like 5 minutes after I wake up half of the amazingness is usually gone and by the end of the day I'm lucky if I remember a fragment.

One time I had a dream where I woke up in Equestria, all the ponies thought I was some weird creature, but I helped stop a civil war with the Zebras alongside Zecora who became the ambassador with the ponies of Equestria, then alien's began attacking when I was being introduced to the mane 6, so I got into a spaceship and fought the aliens with Twilight as my comms personnel who told me which weapons and how much ammo the spaceship guns had, landed back to Equestria as a hero, was brought to the Royal Castle for an awards ceremony. Celestia floated a big shiny medal and put it on me. A bright light began to envelope me and bring me up. I knew time was running short. I got in a group hug with the princess and the mane 6. When I let go the light became so bright it blinded me and I woke up.

Good times… The thing is it felt so real and as if I actually accomplished something. I felt sad it isn't real, but at the same time I felt happy and fulfilled.

One time I had this dream where I was with all the people i loved and cared about, and with my brother who died in 1994…

Didn't wanna wake up.

I once had a dream where I had a wife and two kids and we lived in the forest together with internet and every day i would wrestle with bears who then came in for tea and brought cannolis for us and the day would end. sigh

If your wondering about the cannoli here

The Willy Wonka-esque Super Smash Bros dream that I had a few months ago (first post in this now closed dreaming thread) is one I can think of. By the time we went in the cabin, I was struggling to stay asleep.

Another case is when a recurring element in some of my dreams, a retro animated television network called "Disney Channel Gold", turns up and I try to see what weird stuff is showing on it tonight.

Otherwise, I have had loads of dreams that I went lucid in that (as TurboWulf mentioned) I knew I would probably wake up soon, so I did what I could before I did, like say, turn myself into Lugia and fly around for a bit.

Last edited Dec 06, 2014 at 02:32PM EST

I once had a dream where, during a tour of the Utilidors under the Magic Kingdom, I came across Walt Disney. He was kept alive by a supercomputer that he talked to me through, much like Mr. House (actually, they do look alike…). He informed me of a terrorist plot to kill Disney World's guests by dirty bombing the parks, hotels, and Downtown Disney.

So a whole shit-ton of stuff happened, and I saved the resort by killing the head of the operation in the abandoned River Country water park. Walt recognized me as a hero and granted me a permanent home in the form of penthouses scattered across the resort, such one in the Tower of Terror, one at the top of the Contemporary Hotel, one built into Spaceship Earth, etc.

He also revealed to me his technological wonders underneath Epcot, representing what he originally intended to be an Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow. Fail-proof transport, robot helpers (read: Securitrons), that sort of thing. Walt revealed himself to the world, and together we use the technologies to make it a better place (I still have this dream).

And, fittingly enough, I first had it after beating New Vegas with House's quest and Old World Blues.

It something, well, odd.

I was some sort of demon whom was hunted down and killed by law enforcement, and forever forced to be tortured in hell for his crimes. But, he struck a deal with the devil: He would hunt down rogue demons whom wondered into mortal lands, but in return, he wants to be able to roam mortal lands. He then started hunting demons, and the more he hunted, the more his job became harder. The places he went were extremely disturbing. Then he finally went the creepiest place ever. When we went to confront him, the guy turned around and some grotesque face appeared. I woke straight up.

Another type of dream I'm usually reluctant to wake up from is when I dream up an episode of a TV show, such as the Dexter's Laboratory dream that I had once. Sometimes they'll wind up being among some of my favorite dreams, regardless of how weird they are.

Another example of that type of dream is that one I alluded to on the Creepy Marshtomp page. It was an episode of Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends. In it, Mac and Bloo were at school (I guess Bloo had decided to tag along today) and met an imaginary Marshtomp friend (everyone called him a Mudkip but he was clearly a Marshtomp) who everyone befriended. Bloo took him to Foster's at the end of the day and everything was good…until the next day.

Mac went to school the next morning (without Bloo this time) and found that many of his classmates were all now Marshtomps. Mac panicked, fled the school and ran into Bloo. Bloo told him that nearly everyone at Foster's had also turned into Marshtomps and he figured that the Marshtomp they had befriended yesterday was behind all of this. The two of them confront the Marshtomp at Foster's, who explains that he is cursed to have everyone who touches him transform into complete duplicates of himself. Weirdly, Mac and Bloo were ok with this, and by the end of the day, they, along with everyone else at Foster's (except poor Mr Herriman for some reason) were all Marshtomps and Foster's had been turned into a swamp. They were all making s'mores and talking about how everyone lieks Mudkipz.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!