Forums / Discussion / General

233,035 total conversations in 7,791 threads

+ New Thread

Dreadful things you hate to do (but have to)

Last posted Jan 20, 2015 at 02:22AM EST. Added Jan 14, 2015 at 12:06PM EST
31 posts from 31 users

-When you get a new computer hard-drive, and you have to re-install everything. Especially if it takes ages to install updates and such.

-Having to hear noises outside when you sleep. Dang cars outside can't just shut up, can they?

-And having no money, my goodness, does that feel dreadful.

"Having" to download mods for Fallout 3/New Vegas manually and then organizing and managing conflicts without the help of a mod manager by using a process of elimination. (And then after fixing it so I won't crash to desktop on the splash screen, it'll only crash to desktop on load or trying to open doors.)

Erin ◕ω◕ wrote:

"Having" to download mods for Fallout 3/New Vegas manually and then organizing and managing conflicts without the help of a mod manager by using a process of elimination. (And then after fixing it so I won't crash to desktop on the splash screen, it'll only crash to desktop on load or trying to open doors.)

Related: running "Out of Memory!" while playing New Vegas. "Finally, I got all the shit I need from Ralph and GODDAMMIT-" The worst time this ever happened to me was just after I trudged through Chief Hanlon's dialogue.

I live in a place where dust is everywhere, even in simple air. I just have to clean my pc and every single electronic piece of my bedroom every damn day twice a day!, beacuse the fucking dust is there a couple of minutes later.

- I have no other way to kill time outside of this site, and guaranteed there's either someone stupidly cynical or just something that wears on my faith in humanity. That is HELL for an optimist like me.
-Sweeping the floor. God. Fucking. Damn it.
- High School. It is easy, but goddamn, are the other students duller that a broken, rusty knife that lost it's edge.

Sleep.
Like fucking seriously. You spend 1/3 of your life sleeping.
Chore-like work. Cleaning, laundry, organizing, etc.
Eat. Doesn't take as much time, but eh.

@PKMN Trainer Trollanort
As someone in high school, I took the opposite choice. Went in a hard school, so we had a bunch of non-assholes (usually). But I'm basically fucking toiling this shit.

All of this pre-exam work that's piled up and definitely isn;t going to get done as long as I'm on the KYM forums. At 1 in the morning. Pls mail spare coffee and Red Bull.

Oh and really boring, tedious busywork. Like drive backups, and updating your entire steam library, or having to scroll through 1000 values and change all the "no"s to "yes". Or sorting files (properly).

Studying mandatory college subjects I don't like or give a damn about.
Math in particular is bad. I understand it's importance and practicality but it's my worst subject bar-none.
There's also at least two twats in every class that smirk when you have to ask more than one question.

>start curling up and getting comfy in bed
>fan starts rattling on other side of room
>have to get up and hit adjust it

Registering for college classes is such a pain since you have to find classes that schedule correctly, don't conflict with each other, have good teachers, etc.

Whenever the modem fails and I have to go into the basement and restart it.

And, of course, the standard "scrap the ice/snow off the windshield before driving anywhere." The best part is since I drive a car with 150,000+ miles on it and the A/C's broke, water condenses on the inside of the windshield so I have to scrap off both sides of it.

Taking a shower. Oh how I hate showers.

Trying on clothes.

Going to sleep….. Well, sometimes I want to sleep, but most of the time I just wanna stay up forever… But then like a week later I start falling asleep in the afternoons and I can't stay up as long…

Doing work that takes sustained mental effort. IT'S LIKE MY ABILITY TO CONCENTRATE JUST FLIES OUT THE FRICKIN' WINDOW! DX

Trollanort wrote:

- I have no other way to kill time outside of this site, and guaranteed there's either someone stupidly cynical or just something that wears on my faith in humanity. That is HELL for an optimist like me.
-Sweeping the floor. God. Fucking. Damn it.
- High School. It is easy, but goddamn, are the other students duller that a broken, rusty knife that lost it's edge.

I don't know about that last one. I've seen plenty of highschoolers with a bit of "edge" on them.

Last edited Jan 15, 2015 at 08:45PM EST

Shaving. You have to goddamn shave EVERYTHING. No exceptions. It all grows back in two days max and I have to keep doing it forever and ever for the rest of my life. Cutting, burning, itching it all sucks ass. Fuckin' stubble all the time and it never gets cut completely away. I'm getting this shit lasered off in a few years because I can't do this forever.

Being forced to add autoplaying music to websites

This happened at least once at work, and I hope it doesn't happen again.

But yea, despite my protests against autoplaying music; my boss demanded it, and the website owners demanded it. So it in went: annoying music that plays when you open the page.

I felt like dirt after that. I had sinned against all web users everywhere.

Well it could have been worse…

The original design spec ensured that people were forced to hear music. The managers had the attitude "If they don't wanna hear it, they can turn their speakers off" which I found, frankly, bullshit. But I did enough arguing and lobbying that I convinced them to include a mute button into the spec. So there's, that

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Being forced to add autoplaying music to websites

This happened at least once at work, and I hope it doesn't happen again.

But yea, despite my protests against autoplaying music; my boss demanded it, and the website owners demanded it. So it in went: annoying music that plays when you open the page.

I felt like dirt after that. I had sinned against all web users everywhere.

Well it could have been worse…

The original design spec ensured that people were forced to hear music. The managers had the attitude "If they don't wanna hear it, they can turn their speakers off" which I found, frankly, bullshit. But I did enough arguing and lobbying that I convinced them to include a mute button into the spec. So there's, that

If I were you, I'd just say "fuck 'em." They're the ones risking loss of ad revenue because people got annoyed by the autoplay and stopped visiting the site. They can't blame you if their own decision fucked them over.

My college has course sign ups electronically open up at 7:00 AM for everyone in a given year simultaneously, so a fourth of the campus has to load the same webpage at the same time, often crashing campus internet. My classes the last few semesters weren't until the afternoon anyways, so I'd get up and have a huge adrenaline rush at 7:00 AM trying to get classes, then have nothing to do for hours. The worst was not getting a class, then emailing the professor and having to wait all day for a response with a cavernous hole in my schedule staring at me.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!