Forums / Discussion / General

232,904 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

Percy Jackson Movie Rant

Last posted Feb 18, 2010 at 10:50PM EST. Added Feb 13, 2010 at 09:30AM EST
9 posts from 7 users

I dunno. A combination between Greek mythology and modern life seems wrong on so many levels. Even if it's based on a novel. What about you, guys?

EDIT: I haven't seen it, but the trailer and making-of said enough to me, and I'm usually not a movie-critic.

Last edited Feb 13, 2010 at 09:31AM EST

http://www.metacritic.com/film/titles/percyjackson

You shouldn't be offended that movie was far away from the 100 score, because the critics can be harsh.

48 isn't too good, but it's not too shabby either.

In other words, it's probably a good movie depending on your interest.

Last edited Feb 13, 2010 at 12:55PM EST

read the book, and IMO pretty bad, they made the gods like just "really cool" adults. Like your step dad that takes you out on a cross-country motorcycle trip and doesn't afraid of anything

Last edited Feb 13, 2010 at 01:39PM EST

Well by roman mythology, thats pretty accurate, zeus was a man whore that used to turn into a wifes husbands and screw them.

Last edited Feb 13, 2010 at 02:10PM EST

I now actually watched the movie this evening. By coincendence, my friends took me there. Ironic, not? :P.

But now about the movie. It was ok, but not 'all that', I mean the movie is heavily based on the modern life (I will not give details to prevent spoilers), which kinda makes it awkward. Other then that, the effects where great.

I read the book. Matter of fact, I was the only one in my entire grade who didn't like it. And I love history and mythology.
Also, from what I saw of it, and my what my friends say, it's really different from the books.

I give it 3 mudkips out of over 9000

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!