Forums / Discussion / General

233,037 total conversations in 7,791 threads

+ New Thread

Know Your Mods #2: Mellow

Last posted Mar 22, 2010 at 04:16PM EDT. Added Mar 20, 2010 at 07:44AM EDT
14 posts from 13 users

Previous interview here

The second mod in this series of interviews is Know Your Meme's resident cock flavoured noodle enthousiast, Mellow

Captain Blubber: Question 1, Why did you join Know Your Meme?

Mellow: Back in January 2009, I watched a KYM video that was posted up on i-am-bored.com. As I watched the video, I couldn’t help but stare at the wall posters, the desktop screensaver, Jamie’s beard; everything was so fresh and new to me. At first, I thought it was just a very good find to share and didn’t really mind it much. But as time progressed, I had watched another episode, then another, until I had watched every KYM episode available. I remember that fulfillment feeling growing inside, but it wasn’t enough. I wanted to know more. I wanted to laugh more. That’s when I decided to sign up on the website.

CB: Question 2, What was your immediate reaction to becoming a forum moderator?

M: When Menning first notified me about it, I was totally surprised. I was never aiming to be a mod, in fact, I didn’t know there were going to be any.
That aside, I was really honored about the news. I was so happy I was able to have people trust me (especially an Admin).

CB: Question 3, What are your favourite sites (besides KYM)?

M: i-am-bored.com
Lol, That’s about it :)

CB: Question 4, What was your favourite experience on KYM?

M: Chatting with other KYM members for the first time (thanks to IRC!). When I signed up, I didn’t have anyone to talk to. I’ve gone through several stalker phases where I read others post on the forums and rarely leaving a comment of my own. Everyone seemed so interesting and fun yet I was so afraid of leaving a bad impression. On IRC, I was finally able to speak. In a way, I felt more than just a member, I felt like family.

CB: Question 5, Have you ever encouraged your friends, family etc. to Know Your Meme? If so what did you say?

M: My English teacher was talking about icanhascheezburger to my class one day, explaining how it is an English teacher’s nightmare. So I explained to him about LOLcats and I guess it led to an introduction about KYM.
Being a journalism teacher and all, he did find documenting memes interesting, but was a little drawn back about 4chan and the immaturity :(

CB: Question 6, What television show do you wish to appear on?

M: Any physical challenge game show. I’ve always wanted to be in a Legends of the Hidden Temple episode when I was little.

CB: Question 7, Which Hollywood celebrity do you think you could take in a fist fight?

M: Justin Bieber.

CB: Question 8, If you ran KYM for one day, what would you do?

M: Tell everyone to take a picture of themselves wearing a Lolita maid outfit and post it on a thread :3 gigglesnort
Or they can send it to me. In private. lulz =w=

CB: Question 9, When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?

M: I wanted to be an artist. Then, a vet. Then, a musician. For now, I want to be a photographer.

CB: Final question, What words of advice do you have for the KYM community?

M: Please respect each other. Do not talk crap about them behind their backs. And just accept people for who they are.

CB: Thank you for your time.

M: You’re welcome and thank you, too.

Last edited Mar 20, 2010 at 12:38PM EDT

Another excellent interview, Blubbykins! Can't wait for the next interviewee.

@Mellow

I'll do whatever you ask of me, Mellow, it's alright with me! Loli maid outfit in 3… 2… 1…

If any of you are too high to realize it by now, that's not me pictured. I can never be that cute or hand drawn-like.

That interview was too brief and simple.

I know its main priority is for fun, but it'd be nice understand more of the interviewee's serious aspects about the site.

With all due respect, "Why did you join KYM?" was the most interesting question on there.

Great job, anyway.

>>Tell everyone to take a picture of themselves wearing a Lolita maid outfit and post it on a thread :3 gigglesnort

>>Lolita maid outfit and post it on a thread :3 gigglesnort

>>on a thread :3 gigglesnort

>> In private. lulz =w=

>>=w=

I didn't know you were a Weezer fan, Mellow!

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!