Forums / Discussion / General

232,916 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

I actually had a dream about Know Your Meme last night...

Last posted Oct 02, 2009 at 02:53PM EDT. Added Oct 01, 2009 at 04:40PM EDT
16 posts from 7 users

Normally, it wouldn't be of note, because I dream about the internet all the time. This was quite different, however. The dream was about a new meme that had an entry on this site. It was called "Red Bananas," and was a video of a woman wearing an evening gown singing some sort of gothic rock song in her apartment. Then some guys dressed as Spiderman came in through the window, she starts screaming and singing at the same time, and then they smash her old-fashioned black telephone. Not sure why it was called Red Bananas.

All I'm saying is, this needs to exist.

Hmm. That's crazy.

Whenever I have a dream about know your meme it usually goes something like this.

All the other admins go on vacation and I have to take care of everything by myself. Something bad happens to the site (usually it catches fire) and when the other admins come back they say something along the lines of "We were gonna give you this (money or pie/cake) but since the website (caught fire or something) we'll keep it."

Then I wake up, eat several handfuls of oreos and cry.

See, I'm a moderator on Twilight Sucks, and I've had a similar nightmare. I was going to get promoted to admin, but I fucked up and made an anti-feminist speech so I got demodded and a very nasty e-mail from one of the admins.

I'm glad I found this thread.
When my alarm clock went off this morning, I was still half-dreaming. I didn't remember the rest of my dream but I wrote down the last thought I had just as I was waking up:
House majority leader Alan Thicke came under severe criticism for his plan to weaponize citizens

I think that had more to do with how both Rocketboom and Know Your Meme are affecting my dreams.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!