Forums / Discussion / General

232,906 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

Sticky Sticky
New members introduce yourself

Last posted Apr 23, 2024 at 05:52AM EDT. Added Aug 20, 2010 at 11:28AM EDT
1507 posts from 1261 users

Hi, I'm Antihistameme, as you can see at the left.
I joined < 10 minutes ago, and I'm eager to become a good member here.
I've had some experience posting in forums from another site, but not much.
So hello KYM and all of its members.

Hello everybody, I accidentally french.
I'm forever alone in my Meme passion, because in France people aren't lucky enough to see double rainbow and understand the meme's meaning.

So better drink my own piss !

See ya !

Hi guys, I'm Nintendork64. I've been a lurker for a little while, joined about a week ago, but never visited the forums until now. As my username indicates, I'm a Nintendo gamer. I love internet memes (obviously), especially Youtube poops (though I'm probably growing out of that phase).
Also, I never use all caps. There! You love me more already! XD

Hello! Name's Kirby. I first got acquainted with 4chan whilst searching for music torrents, and I first got here in KYM after seeing memes on /b/.

What I love about memes:
1. They make me happy! It's like Glee, you know? Memes just wants to be loved and make you happy. When work really gets stressful, or when there's way too much drama in your life, you can look at the clever irony of a Philosoraptor meme, or watch a fool like Chris Crocker, and you feel uplifted and euphorious.
2. They make me think! Often memes have underlying reflections on the human condition, where issues like racism, homophobia and nihilism are raised. Also, the concepts and verbage/art direction are often very clever and inspiring.
3. They make me feel empowered! Some memes are so insane and unabashed, like Insanity Wolf, or naughty and devious, like trolling using My Little Pony, that you sort of absorb that energy by osmosis.

Thanks, and add me up! :)

Good day, my names is P0wnz0r the Noob, and my proffesion is internet research and studying basically. I find it interesting to watch the actions memes and fanbases have on the community around them and therefor I found your splendid website to be perfectly fit for me.

Oh and I should probably have introduced myself before, but I always seemed to forget it. I am sorry and I hope all you good sirs and madames can forgive me.

Oh and yes, my name is indeed a ironic pun, so please do not come and think that I am some kind of "lolol i am so pwnd"-kind of person. It's all just good fun.

Last edited May 27, 2011 at 06:46PM EDT

I saw a LOLcat and saw the source of the image was icanhascheezburger.com so I made a account on the site. Then moved on to failblog, then memebase. Then on the news I saw this article:

http://thenextweb.com/industry/2011/03/28/cheezburger-network-pays-1mm-for-know-your-meme/

So I thought I could try out K.Y.M to see how it was like. And so far it is AWESOME :D and now I spend more time here that memebase and failblog combined.

Last edited Jun 02, 2011 at 10:06PM EDT

Hello, since KYM (which I've known about and lurked on for quite sometime) Teamed up with Cheezburger I decided to make an account here… Turns out that opened the window for the giant MLP fan-base to swoop me up and take me under their wings. I plan on researching quite a bit on promising memes that have improper info and get deadpooled for it (Unless it gets deadpooled because its stupid) If you want to know additional… Stuff. About me look at my profile and friend me!
Now I must go there is work to be done!

Bender wrote:

Hello everybody, I accidentally french.
I'm forever alone in my Meme passion, because in France people aren't lucky enough to see double rainbow and understand the meme's meaning.

So better drink my own piss !

See ya !

You think being in France is difficult? Try being in Belgium! It doesn't even exists(

Hola. =P I'm known as AFL, bando, and bandolafl on other forums. Stopping by to say hello. Or… hola in this case.

I dunno what else to mention… oh. I'm a sophomore music education major.

Last edited Jun 22, 2011 at 08:38PM EDT

Hey, I'm AfroNyokki, I recently joined after lurking for a pretty long while, and yeah. I'm a brony, but I love all sorts of memes and internet hilarity, and sometimes I troll with one of my friends, who I might convince to make an account. I also like a few games, like Kingdom Hearts and Left 4 Dead, and my 3DS, but I don't have an actual console :c

Hello! You must login or signup first!