Forums / Discussion / General

233,014 total conversations in 7,791 threads

+ New Thread

Vent thread

Last posted May 08, 2024 at 01:44PM EDT. Added Jun 14, 2023 at 10:15AM EDT
215 posts from 59 users

I realize I use the unpopular opinions thread too much as a vent thread, so I'm making this for both myself and anyone else who needs to vent about anything, be it an opinion that's "popular" or "unpopular."

And if I may vent about that thread for a moment, to all the people downvoting me over the opinion "I think we should gatekeep actual bigots from the vtuber fandom because it only makes the fandom look bad" how about you guys actually respond to me in public with why you disagree with me instead of downvoting and leaving, I'd ''love'' to hear how you think it's fine to let bigots infest fandoms.

Last edited Jun 14, 2023 at 10:15AM EDT

I fucking hate a lot of the smash bros ultimate dlc characters, Banjo Kazooie? Fine, just your standard balanced zoner, Pirana Plant? Also fine she is not even that good, Sephiroth and Byleth? Suprisingly well designed, massive strengths but maasive weaknesses.

Kazuya? OP but at least requires skill

But fucking Min-Min? Pyra? Steve? Joker? They are ALL overpowered cancer, smash ultimate was one of the most balanced smash bros entries…but they just HAD to add a bunch of OP. AND overly gimicky characters you have to buy.

Last edited Jun 14, 2023 at 11:16AM EDT

Oh here's a smaller one:

Now it's already a bit of an issue to hear anyone call ANY faction in Warhammer 40K "the good guy faction," because in truth there's no such thing as a "good" faction in 40K, it's a whole lot of gray or just outright dark morality fighting one another. That being said however, I feel it's an especially big red flag if anyone claims they think the Imperium are "the good guys" and are being 100% serious when they say it. Reason why is because in almost every single case I've seen where someone goes "the Imperium are the good guys" and they're being 100% serious rather than being silly or engaging in genuine role play (like I'm NOT talking about people who make silly little "For the Emperor!" comments on videos promoting games like Boltgun or Space Marine 2), these people tend to be either "Crusader wannabes" (people who glorify the Crusades by saying "there is literally nothing wrong with Christians murdering Muslim heathens," never mind how that technically goes against Biblical scripture), or are either genuine fascists or at the absolute minimum are "fascist apologists." I mean heck there was an incident where a genuine neo-nazi even showed up at an unofficial tournament, and said nazi went "I don't see what the big deal is, I thought this fandom embraced this stuff," prompting Games Workshop to put out a statement going "if you're part of a hate group then fuck off, we don't want your money."

I have the theory that Warhammer 40k often works as a litmus test of what is your inner demon/corruption depending on which faction you see as good.

Each chaos god and the Imperium corresponds to one emotion: desire, anger, sadness, ambition, envy, fear

If you see Slaanesh as good you are horny or longing
If you see Khorne as good you are angry or with adredaline
If you see Nurgle as good you are tired or depressed
If you see Tzeentch as good you are ambitious or curious
If you see Malal as good you feel like an outcast or envious

If you see the Imperium as good you live in constant fear or tribalism…fearful tribalism

They all sound like somewhat negative emotions? Yep….this isnt a coincidence (also there just are more negative than positive emotions but I disgress)

Not sure what emotions/sins the xenos represent though, I guess Tau is "hope" or something

Last edited Jun 14, 2023 at 01:29PM EDT

I found this while searching the Vaush allegations brought up on the politics topic.

Say what you want about the whole debate around the smut of fictional underage (or underage looking characters), but claiming that those same fictional characters are being exploited is insulting to actual victims of CSEM

Crazy how we went from "aged up is pedo" to "star butterfly being exploited" in less than five years.

I fucking hate password requirements, like I get why they exist but…ugh…thank you for helping me NOT remember my password! You need a special character, a letter, a number, your mother's social security number, a question mark, etc…its tiresome

I really, really wish companies stopped trying to get you to download their proprietary apps for almost every service and product you use nowadays. A lot of them are really poorly made and I just don't want to deal with installing a ton of apps on my phone when they aren't really needed or when the service could be accessed through a regular website.

TheHolyEmpress wrote:

I really, really wish companies stopped trying to get you to download their proprietary apps for almost every service and product you use nowadays. A lot of them are really poorly made and I just don't want to deal with installing a ton of apps on my phone when they aren't really needed or when the service could be accessed through a regular website.

Add to the fact that much of these can be nothing more than bloatware.

I wiish boomers would finally admit the economy went to shit a long time ago, I find their collective denial about the economy fucking infuriating, have you seen the inflation rates?

It irks me how people act like wikis have any degree of authority.
Especially wikipedia and tv tropes. The people who run those places are not without bias and are not experts**

People will always barge into a discussion and act like they have the final say on a topic. It's ridiculous.

**ok, wikipedia probably has some degree of experts going through certain pages but still.

Last edited Jun 18, 2023 at 06:26AM EDT

I had to keep rewriting this because I couldn’t figure out a way to properly word this but bear with me on this. I think we’re about to hit another video game crash like the crash of 83. Video games from triple A studios are becoming more expensive to make and trying to One Up eachother in their respective fields to pump out a game that feels hollow and doesn’t have any real love or care put into it. The more people keep dumping money into games like Crime Boss: Rocket City, Forespoken, Bloodbowl 3 and Redfall they’ll just end up resulting in more games that are either uninspired, mediocre, downright horrible and other negative remarks for games like these. Hell even last year there was some serious stinkers in terms of how these games were being pumped out but people kept buying them. It’s like watching people get upset that their burger from a Restaurant with a Health-code D rating is indeed undercooked, moldy and has cockroach bits in it. But they still keep going back to it in hopes of getting a burger that actually isn’t like the Moldy, Undercooked Roach burger. Hell I personally think we’re slowly edging towards another one in how so many games are being pumped out that are mediocre or downright bad that eventually one game will be the straw that broke the camels back. I don’t know what game will result in that, maybe it’s Star Citizen, maybe it’s Starfield, maybe it’s some other hyped up game that’s been in development hell for years. I don’t know for a fact but one game with enough clout and hype around it launching and being so poorly optimized and made, underperforming in every category it was hyping itself up for and being an unfinished mess will result in a domino effect and result in another ‘83 Game Crash. I don’t want that to happen but at this point it’s an eventuality that will happen and when it does it’ll hit hard.

Last edited Jun 19, 2023 at 01:04PM EDT

Derptastic Derp Man wrote:

I had to keep rewriting this because I couldn’t figure out a way to properly word this but bear with me on this. I think we’re about to hit another video game crash like the crash of 83. Video games from triple A studios are becoming more expensive to make and trying to One Up eachother in their respective fields to pump out a game that feels hollow and doesn’t have any real love or care put into it. The more people keep dumping money into games like Crime Boss: Rocket City, Forespoken, Bloodbowl 3 and Redfall they’ll just end up resulting in more games that are either uninspired, mediocre, downright horrible and other negative remarks for games like these. Hell even last year there was some serious stinkers in terms of how these games were being pumped out but people kept buying them. It’s like watching people get upset that their burger from a Restaurant with a Health-code D rating is indeed undercooked, moldy and has cockroach bits in it. But they still keep going back to it in hopes of getting a burger that actually isn’t like the Moldy, Undercooked Roach burger. Hell I personally think we’re slowly edging towards another one in how so many games are being pumped out that are mediocre or downright bad that eventually one game will be the straw that broke the camels back. I don’t know what game will result in that, maybe it’s Star Citizen, maybe it’s Starfield, maybe it’s some other hyped up game that’s been in development hell for years. I don’t know for a fact but one game with enough clout and hype around it launching and being so poorly optimized and made, underperforming in every category it was hyping itself up for and being an unfinished mess will result in a domino effect and result in another ‘83 Game Crash. I don’t want that to happen but at this point it’s an eventuality that will happen and when it does it’ll hit hard.

If that happens I feel like the indie gaming scene will probably avoid the brunt of the crash, as will certain larger publishers (Nintendo, Sony, possibly Capcom and Sega, Squeenix might survive on FF14 alone but I doubt it given the state of the company's management), while the more US-based (and perhaps the western world as a whole) publishers will suffer heavier losses

Remember, the video game crash of 1983 was at its worst in America, gaming was still going in Europe and Japan

In this day and age, you can create and launch a video game without even leaving your house.

A video game crash for triple A games I can see happening at some point. But a complete crash, even in just one place, will never happen with platforms like steam around.

Last edited Jun 19, 2023 at 01:40PM EDT

A crash on the level of that of 1983 is very unlikely. Video games were seen as an expensive toy or novelty not as a multi-billion industry that generates more revenue than any other form of entertainment. A single game breaking the camel's back is also pretty unlikely. Maybe something as big as GTA6 being a complete unplayable mess could cause some ripple effects, but enough to bring down the western AAA game scene to a crash? Not when cash cow franchises like CoD and yearly sports titles exist. People will keep preordering their moldy roach burgers and when they're served a half-decent one they'll praise the cook for not spitting on it.

Derptastic Derp Man wrote:

Without getting long-winded

A crash like the 83 will literally never happen.

One of the biggest issues in the AAA gaming space is certain publishers are spending pretty absurd amounts of money on development and advertising that supposedly profits from simple $60-$70 sales just isn't enough to simply break even in most cases, so they basically "need" to implement microtransactions and get profits from those in order to view a game as a success. IMO I think companies like EA and such really need to reel in their budgets, heck even companies like Embracer because holy shit how the fuck did it cost $100 million to make that Saints Row reboot?! And said reboot is likely what helped cause some major woes for Embracer as of late, because the company was apparently hoping a very lucrative deal would help them out but said deal fell through so hard that even the positive news that they were happy with Dead Island 2 selling 2 million in just a week got soured (Embracer is only now realizing they bit off more than they can chew and are about to can a lot of projects and layoff devs).

It pisses me off how the cancel crowd on twitter have expanded the term blackface to basically mean "wearing makeup or whatever to make your skin colour darker "

That is so divorced from what blackface actually is we're almost in the "no correlation" zone.

Last edited Jun 28, 2023 at 03:44AM EDT

So that vent I made about game budgets being absurdly high? Poorly redacted documents from Sony that were submitted during the FTC case where Sony's trying to stop Microsoft from buying Activision-Blizzard reveals that WITHOUT ADVERTISING it cost over $220 million to make The Last of Us 2, and to make $212 Horizon: Forbidden West

After advertising the budgets for these two games likely would have ballooned to over $300-$400 million. Holy shit Sony, no wonder they're diving headfirst into the "live service" ocean and are scared about losing CoD, those guys are spending Hollywood level budgets. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo's the only AAA company at the moment that's actually got much more reasonable budgets for their games.

Last edited Jun 29, 2023 at 09:29AM EDT

I find it genuinely disturbing how modern culture and social media has glorified the idea that success means having as much money, fame and sex as possible and that the ideal behavior is to be as much of an arrogant ass as possible (e.g. "flexing" on others for clout). People idolize some narcissistic scumbags that often do nothing but exploit and con their fans and people still applaud them and try to emulate their behavior because that mindless hedonism is seen as the ultimate goal in life. Baffling and disturbing.

You know what really grinds my gears? Whenever a community, or any organization, seems to be getting worse, and the first instinct of its best members is to run away.

Online, I first noticed this in the kym discord, and later in other servers. Some may have returned, but at that point kymcord was already too far gone.

There was this one time where I, too, was guilty of running away. It was a minecraft server which got heated drama between different towns. The town I was in rebelled against its mayor, to the point where literally all its town members except me turned against their own mayor. I felt pressured to join them, and then I just suddenly took a break from minecraft. When I came back, I was very confused as to what happened. So I felt guilty for leaving and abandoning them whether or not they missed me, which looking through previous messages on their discord server suggests they probably did.

A very different sort of vent from me today:

Fuck, I think I've come down with a stomach bug for the first time in literal decades, and damn now I remember how much I hated being sick as a kid. This past week I've been dealing with random bouts of intestinal distress, and this past 4th of July the very end of the day was the worst it's been in decades, where I had nasty shit coming out of both ends (literally in the case of the lower end). I'm not kidding when I say it scared me real bad, it felt like my body wasn't keeping anything down, including simple water, and I thought I was gonna have to call an ambulance. Thankfully it seems after one especially bad case of vomiting something "broke" and all of a sudden I felt immense relief, and could actually keep at least some crackers down. Maybe this was a sign the sickness or whatever has passed and I'm perfectly fine now, but I'm not taking any risks, I'm seeing my doctor ASAP.

Mistress Fortune wrote:

Oh here's a smaller one:

Now it's already a bit of an issue to hear anyone call ANY faction in Warhammer 40K "the good guy faction," because in truth there's no such thing as a "good" faction in 40K, it's a whole lot of gray or just outright dark morality fighting one another. That being said however, I feel it's an especially big red flag if anyone claims they think the Imperium are "the good guys" and are being 100% serious when they say it. Reason why is because in almost every single case I've seen where someone goes "the Imperium are the good guys" and they're being 100% serious rather than being silly or engaging in genuine role play (like I'm NOT talking about people who make silly little "For the Emperor!" comments on videos promoting games like Boltgun or Space Marine 2), these people tend to be either "Crusader wannabes" (people who glorify the Crusades by saying "there is literally nothing wrong with Christians murdering Muslim heathens," never mind how that technically goes against Biblical scripture), or are either genuine fascists or at the absolute minimum are "fascist apologists." I mean heck there was an incident where a genuine neo-nazi even showed up at an unofficial tournament, and said nazi went "I don't see what the big deal is, I thought this fandom embraced this stuff," prompting Games Workshop to put out a statement going "if you're part of a hate group then fuck off, we don't want your money."

i genuinely know NOTHING about Warhammer but the thing about crusader glorifiers is true, it's so weird and I can't get it, as a muslim i grew up learning about what the crusades did to us and seeing people glorify it on the internet makes me go ??

The fact that Muslims who are overtly fond of their conquests tend to be ISIS types should probably be a warning sign about being careful of those who unironically glorify crusaders.

It's also not just because they tend to be extremists with insane dreams, but it's because they're just plain annoying.I'm a fan of a lot of medieval history books, games, film and media in general, and people who unironically scream out "Deus Vult" often only know pop-history.

Take history memes and paradox games, they're good, but there's a lot of people online who only seem to know history from that. It's especially bad when there's anything about 'alternate history', because for every one thing that's interesting you have ten barely disguised revisionism.

Last edited Jul 10, 2023 at 06:14AM EDT

As much as I love the Hololive gals, I am not scared to admit that their game selection could have been way better. Most of the games they play either fall into the casual-normie or mainstream categories, which is understandable since they are a corporate agency and they only play what they allow them to, and it's not really exclusive; they sometimes play games that don't fall into these categories, but it's still kind of annoying, but I'll still support them in the end.

Edgar Weebling wrote:

As much as I love the Hololive gals, I am not scared to admit that their game selection could have been way better. Most of the games they play either fall into the casual-normie or mainstream categories, which is understandable since they are a corporate agency and they only play what they allow them to, and it's not really exclusive; they sometimes play games that don't fall into these categories, but it's still kind of annoying, but I'll still support them in the end.

Its to be expected, their is a genre of games solely dedicated to streamers or journalists.

Pornography addiction and the people who indulge in it, the characteristics, are sickening. The kind of people who like to insert their fetishes, fantasies and favorite whatever they're consuming – into conversations is disgusting. Especially in a community where people don't want to talk about that kind of thing or it is their first time joining the community and they have to see that. I loathe the kind of person who does not keep it to themselves and makes it a game to find more people to share pornography with. Shameless, self-control lacking, uncomfortable people. No respect for boundaries. I hate having to see my artist friends deal with these addicts, and tears my hair out when people sexualize what I draw and do. To also have my audience see that.

Last edited Jul 15, 2023 at 01:12AM EDT

I have spam accounts that have been following me for 2 years now. They aren't even deleted or banned. I've reported them twice now.

It irritates me how I have to see them every time I look at my profile.

Last edited Jul 15, 2023 at 10:39AM EDT

Edgar Weebling wrote:

Seems like they're finally jumping on the Pizza Tower train. Not sure what took 'em so long, but I guess they either had to fight for the rights or with management about it for whatever reason. Selen of NIJI EN said she "couldn't" back in March, so I assumed it was one of those two reasons. I dunno.

God that clone high reboot looks like complete shit, it also appears to feature millenials wanking themselves over how awesome they are which as a millenial myself is fucking cringe.

Maybe I am wrong and its an misunderstood masterpiece but I sure wont watch it to check.

Didn't expect that I'd have anything to post here since nothing has really angered me as of late, but for the past three nights I've been dealing with this subtle, yet unusual and hard to describe pounding sensation in my head that I don't know the cause of. Tho I wouldn't call it a migraine due to it honestly not actually being painful, it's certainly incredibly annoying.

blank profile pic wrote:

Didn't expect that I'd have anything to post here since nothing has really angered me as of late, but for the past three nights I've been dealing with this subtle, yet unusual and hard to describe pounding sensation in my head that I don't know the cause of. Tho I wouldn't call it a migraine due to it honestly not actually being painful, it's certainly incredibly annoying.

You should go see a doctor.

Or a dentist, a wisdom teeth impacting a nerve can cause a headache.

So that last vent I posted two weeks ago? Turns out the cause of the intestinal distress were over-the-counter pills I was taking to try and relieve lactose intolerance (generic pharmacy brand Lactaid, essentially). Now I'm not extremely lactose intolerant, it's not like eating one thing with dairy for a single daily meal turns me into a fart factory, but it is bad enough that if I eat too many foods with dairy in them within a 24 hour period it can result in first getting terrible abdominal cramps followed by diarrhea that lasts over an hour or more, which is definitely not good when trying to finish off left overs of certain food within a timely manner. So my solution was to buy some OTC lactose intolerance pills and take them anytime I eat food with dairy, because you're crazy if you think I'm giving up foods like pizza, ice cream, and mac and cheese. Honestly at first they seemed to be working as intended and I was never going over the recommended dosage, but after a week of taking them is when the signs they were causing problems first showed up, but I erroneously attributed the symptoms to thinking a carryout pizza I got that week was improperly cooked and was the cause of my intestinal distress. So I kept taking the pills with dairy foods, but that July 4 I took a pill when eating some mac and cheese an aunt made for the family BBQ and it was a few hours after that pill where it seems by body decided to tell me in the most painful way it could "this shit ain't helping and I'm going to fucking let you know you need to stop taking this damn pill." Fast forward to that night where I was vomiting and shitting while in some really bad pain.

I saw the doctor the next day for an emergency late day clinical appointment and he told me "it sounds like you need to either stop eating dairy or stop with the generic lactaid, and start taking medicines like omeprazole and Gas X." Like I said above I'm a stubborn bitch, I'm not going to stop eating foods with dairy that I really enjoy, so I stopped the pills instead. I began to slowly reintroduce foods like pizza and such to my diet over the next two weeks and yep I can confirm with certainty now it was those damn pills. How the actual hell were pills that were designed to help me better digest food with dairy only making my intestines feel worse? My stomach's at least not as sensitive now as it was two weeks ago but I still don't quite feel 100% yet, like that damn lactaid might have harmed by gut bacteria in a way that might take a whole month or two to fully recover from (I probably need to start taking pro-biotic supplements or find a yogurt I actually like).

Just utterly baffles me that medication that was designed to help a person such as myself only made things worse, but I'm also deathly allergic to penicillin, one of the biggest medical breakthroughs of the 20th century, so I guess my body already has a history of rejecting certain "important" medication (in fact my allergies in general are fucking huge, and the worst? Turns out I'm highly allergic to cats, so even if muh waifu was real I'd have to wear a facemask at all times around her).

fuck nvidia/amd for psyopping people into thinking "8GB of vram is enough bruh!" and incompetent devs who don't know how to optimize their shitty ass games

absolute fucking state of GPU

Gary Suxxx wrote:

fuck nvidia/amd for psyopping people into thinking "8GB of vram is enough bruh!" and incompetent devs who don't know how to optimize their shitty ass games

absolute fucking state of GPU

I mentioned elsewhere modern Call of Duty has set a negative precedent regarding file sizes. Like dude when did Infinity Ward, Treyarch, Sledgehammer, and Raven all collectively decide to stop compressing their files for these games? Why has every CoD for the past half a decade take up 100 GB of space?! Especially stupid on modern consoles and PCs as SSDs should mean less file redundancy (if what Mark Cerny said that one time is accurate), but nope they're bloated as all hell. Even companies like Respawn are falling into this crap with Jedi Survivor.

Like if I may fellate Nintendo's devs once again, they do a pretty damn good job keeping their file sizes actually reasonable. Tears of the Kingdom is a huge game that is pushing the Switch's technical limits, but it can fit on a 16GB card. Metroid Prime Remastered is also a major looker for the Switch that even manages to shockingly run at a smooth 60 FPS, and it's less than 7 GB in size. Pikmin 4 is an Unreal Engine 4 game like Jedi Survivor, and Nintendo and Eighting got that game down to only 10.5 GB on a card, a whopping 15% of what Jedi Survivor takes up on an SSD (though correct me if I screwed up my math).

Project Moon has fired one of their artists due to their past political affiliations. This fucking sucks because PM has been great so far and now their image is forever tainted. I can understand not wanting to deal with genuine incels, but this whole thing is just awful.

Dr. Bots wrote:

Project Moon has fired one of their artists due to their past political affiliations. This fucking sucks because PM has been great so far and now their image is forever tainted. I can understand not wanting to deal with genuine incels, but this whole thing is just awful.

Important to note that these affiliations are/were with some of South Korea's most aggressively misandrist radical feminist communities. I'm talking, like, "abort only male fetuses, celebrate male suicide" SCUM manifesto tier shit. I don't follow gacha, so this is just from what I can find by searching. Very interesting situation all around.

Spaghetto wrote:

Important to note that these affiliations are/were with some of South Korea's most aggressively misandrist radical feminist communities. I'm talking, like, "abort only male fetuses, celebrate male suicide" SCUM manifesto tier shit. I don't follow gacha, so this is just from what I can find by searching. Very interesting situation all around.

The problem with that is most people are saying that's not true. That their beliefs where more "Don't film women in the bathroom". Even if they had those beliefs that was from years ago when they where still a minor.

What I fear is PM just bows down to psychotic "fans" demands in future situations.

Dr. Bots wrote:

The problem with that is most people are saying that's not true. That their beliefs where more "Don't film women in the bathroom". Even if they had those beliefs that was from years ago when they where still a minor.

What I fear is PM just bows down to psychotic "fans" demands in future situations.

I've seen claims of more, but that appears to be the only thing that's actually crossed the language barrier. We don't know the full story yet, at least in English, but it seems like it's a contract violation issue? The main people talking about it in English seem to be feminists (of the Twitter variety) so I'm suspecting there's a degree of bias in what info we're getting.

Dr. Bots wrote:

All because a female character was shown wearing a full-body wetsuit instead of a bikini.

Even I think these people are nuts.

Spaghetto wrote:

Asian radfems make Western radfems look tame in comparison

Dr. Bots wrote:

I see the whole debacle seems ridiculous. Like, I get how BS the uptie 4 requirements and the Heathclift's bodysack ego being misspelled. which by the time the review bombs appear, PM had already patch a update for confiscation with the error. but Ishmael's [CENSORED] identity seems farfetched to me since PM's whole aesthetic is business suits. but if you and anyone else want a better idea of whats going on, here's a video about the controversy.

on the same topic for venting, it really annoys me of how much people will go through lengths of slander by bringing up old post about people ( posts that nearly a decade old mind you) and act like their the same individuals. people change with time, especially if its decades apart. yet I'm sick and tired of people with that type of mindset because that makes everyone at fault of their own past, especially those who dig them up.

A little bit of paraphrasing from an argument I got into on this very site a while ago:

Me: I hate anti-vaxxers, they keep spreading these dumb conspiracies that have been long debunked and let their kids die from preventable diseases. I know this is a really dumb fantasy of mine but if I could I'd force these stupid conspiracy nuts to get vaccines whether they like it or not, and show them they're full of shit.

Another user: WELL I CAN'T GET VACCINES FOR MEDICAL REASONS SO ARE YOU SAYING YOU'D DO THIS TO ME YOU HEARTLESS BASTARD?!

Me: wtf, where in that entire rant did I say I hate people who can't get vaccines due to legitimate health problems? I said I hate those conspiracy nuts who keep saying shit like "vaccines cause autism" and such, why are you assuming I meant someone like you?

Dude more or less pulled a variant of the "you say you like hamburgers, so that must mean you hate hot dogs!" fallacy. And dude you should know damn well whenever people online talk about a dislike to "anti-vaxxers" they're referring to conspiracy schitzo nutcases, I have absolutely never heard any people lump "people who can't get vaccines due to legit with health problems" into the anti-vaxxer camp, so why the hell did you just up and assume I meant someone like you?

I find a great amount of discontent towards the way that AAA gaming is being run for the past 14 years and counting. Started with iconic game franchises falling to the wayside due to "insufficient interests from consumers." Having to pay for on-disc DLC in those Capcom games even though you technically already paid for it because the data was on the disc is just plain dumb. Then it transitioned into excessive out of control DLC offerings that try to sell you chunks of game content that would have otherwise already been in the game. After that, it was the micro-transactions, the loot boxes, the custom item skins, advantageous gameplay cards followed up with the horrendous NFT's. This is the lamest console generation because consoles are less relevant due to not having enough exclusives and causing development strain due to PC hardware quickly outpacing console hardware. Most recent b.s. is the overall game price hike for games that aren't even a full experience. I don't see any way on how AAA will get better because it keeps getting worse with those greedy companies! I can barely find excitement or interest in gaming when I cannot remember the last time a big budget video game had me interested enough to purchase it. I won't support those insidious practices they want to normalize. The only section that continues to feel genuinely inspired or developed without strings attached is the indie scene, and it ain't perfect but that's where the majority of good video games are currently made.

So, the I seen there’s a recent article here about a new anime called Mushoku Tensei. I’ve seen that it was a light novel adaption about a NEET in his 30’s who’s transported into another world after being killed and now lived a wonderful life – and then I immediately lost interest and toss it with the rest of the gutter.
Like, I don’t know why but trying to describe the series just doesn’t stand out to me in the slightest. It’s like I’ve describe 12 different animes despite not being vague in my description. I don’t really make statements without investing my time into the media, and I believe that this novel/anime could be good. Is just that… it feels run of the mill just like a bunch of isekais I’ve seen during the recommendation tabs on kissanime websites that I’ve gone to. And I think that I don’t have the problem with this anime and moreso with the genre in Japanese animation.
Recently, I’ve increasingly losing interest in Isekai anime due to how samey it is. The same milquetoast protagonist, the same selection of female characters, the same fantasy world that's just copy and paste from Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy and Dungeons & Dragons, the same beginning sequence where the protagonist living a better life after dying (which at this point I’m getting more concern about whats going on in Japanese citizens).
I guess this also why I more invested in Isekais in America such as Ambphibia and Owl House since those shows aim more towards the world, people, and premise. I just wish Isekai anime are less about wish fulfillment more about actually having a nuance and passion for the world the creators made. I want a fantasy anime that has cool and creative designs, creatures, and magic system. But the closest anime I can think of is the Digimon series, and that’s primarily a creature collecting/raising genre.
Maybe there is some Isekai anime out there that’s cool and I’ve rarely get to heard of them since not that many people really talk about it since there not the top pick seasonal animes.

Valve for the love of all that is good PLEASE HIRE SOME PEOPLE TO FIX THE TF2 BOT PROBLEM!!!! I quite literally could not play the new Summer maps this past week because the Sumer maps specifically are absolutely infested with bots that are beginning to do shit like make it so kicking them no longer works, and also taking up the majority of player slots on both teams. It's so disheartening to see TF2 get a nice update and a nice surge in players only for it to be soured by the bot problem somehow managing to get fucking worse.

Mistress Fortune wrote:

Valve for the love of all that is good PLEASE HIRE SOME PEOPLE TO FIX THE TF2 BOT PROBLEM!!!! I quite literally could not play the new Summer maps this past week because the Sumer maps specifically are absolutely infested with bots that are beginning to do shit like make it so kicking them no longer works, and also taking up the majority of player slots on both teams. It's so disheartening to see TF2 get a nice update and a nice surge in players only for it to be soured by the bot problem somehow managing to get fucking worse.

It's a mystery what Valve's developers are even doing.

Only solution seems to be to find a group for a private server. At this point TF2 is so old that's there's a few 'regulars', a clan or friends who play together. There's people who fill servers with bots on purpose to farm, or just to make them feel more populated.

'lo! You must login or signup first!