Forums / Discussion / General

232,905 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

Letter of Departure

Last posted Jan 09, 2011 at 11:48AM EST. Added Jan 07, 2011 at 03:05PM EST
16 posts from 14 users

Hey Team!

Effective today I have resigned from Know Your Meme. I've had nothing but awesome times working with you guys and the KYM staff making the database and show the most important cultural resource on the web. Unfortunately, the situation is far more complex than simply loving you guys and the work I get to do with KYM. While this decision was certainly a hard one – and more than a little bitter – it is one which I feel is ultimately right.

I will still be involved in the community and look forward to editing entries, and future forum discussions. I can only hope that I have proven myself worthy of the J. Dubs Scientist Emeritus title.

Piarte King wrote:

unlike us they have lives and careers.

BUT KYM IS A CAREER!

But, all the same, good luck for your future and mey it be successful. It's been great having you.

Thank you Mike.
It was a real honor chatting with you, asking you question, and witnessing your awesome mustache grow.
Good luck in your future!

This is a joke I would use if I didn't have a conscience (I don't mean it):
"Is this how you treat your women?"
But, really, I am a bit dissapoint that everyone is leaving. Goodbye though!

Thanks all! And thank you so much for your support. I wish it was as simple as just "pursuing other career opportunities"… but that is definitely part of the equation. I promise I'll be up to plenty in definitely-not-too-distant-future, and wont be anything close to a stranger here on the site.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!