Forums / Discussion / General

232,916 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

Japan

Last posted Mar 18, 2011 at 08:10AM EDT. Added Mar 04, 2011 at 09:55PM EST
48 posts from 23 users

I'm leaving for Japan next week and wanted to see if anyone is in / from / has been to Japan. 1st time for me so I was wondering if anyone had any good info on things to see and do while there. I am staying in the Chiyoda-ku area in Tokyo and also staying in Kyoto. If I see Brother Sharp while there I will post pics.

I lived in japan for a few years when I was little. Keep these 3 things in mind.

1. When in Tokyo be prepared for the mandatory twice daily giant monster/robot attack.
2. Keep an eye out for vending machines as you can find cheap, used underwear in them for those odd desires.
3. End every statement with "desu" or you shall be put to death via tentacle rape.

That pretty much covers it.

Suiseiseki     wrote:

I lived in japan for a few years when I was little. Keep these 3 things in mind.

1. When in Tokyo be prepared for the mandatory twice daily giant monster/robot attack.
2. Keep an eye out for vending machines as you can find cheap, used underwear in them for those odd desires.
3. End every statement with "desu" or you shall be put to death via tentacle rape.

That pretty much covers it.

LOL. Got it. Thanks

Be sure to visit and donate to the Hakurei Shrine while you are there, Reimu need's all the donations she can get!

Also, you will encounter plenty of haunted places, so be careful you don't get any unwanted supernatural stowaways. A friend of mine brought home a ghost by accident last time she went to Japan.

I had a stopover at the Tokyo airport on the way to Singapore. I had some of the best sushi I've ever had in my life. I've always thought, here in America, we pretty much put some of our crappiest food in the airports, so I assume the sushi outside of the airport is of a quality that I can't even imagine.

Brucker wrote:

I had a stopover at the Tokyo airport on the way to Singapore. I had some of the best sushi I've ever had in my life. I've always thought, here in America, we pretty much put some of our crappiest food in the airports, so I assume the sushi outside of the airport is of a quality that I can't even imagine.

Yea, I am looking forward to eating some really good sushi and I hear the noodles are excellent as well. Also, SAKE SAKE SAKE SAKE.

angrypwnzer wrote:

IT DID!??!?!
DAMN IT!
WHY DIDN'T ANYBODY TELL ME THAT!?!?!?

Dude, how did you not know?
About half of the people I talked to today had a copy, and I rarely see ANYONE with a Pokemon game at school.

Admiral Crunch wrote:

why? Japan still has some national parks, Japan also has laws in place that help preservation of parts of its country side to protect the culture.

Sorry for the Misunderstanding, I only said that because you were the only person who said anything relevant to Japan in the thread…

SexyThang wrote:

Sorry for the Misunderstanding, I only said that because you were the only person who said anything relevant to Japan in the thread…

Oh, and I figured it was because he said, "You should defiantly go to some if possible." I read it and was imagining someone saying, "Fuck you, I'll go to Japan if I want to!"

Yes, we wish you people living in Japan the best.
I've just heard on the news what's happening there and it's crazy!

mona_jpn, are you there and okay?

CLYDE (Joe's Nightmare) wrote:

Some people go to Japan for reasons other than culture…

Not to mention that I'm pretty sure liking Japanese culture alone is not the definition of being a weeaboo anyway. For instance, I personally love Japanese food, would love to visit Japan, and wish I could learn the Japanese language, but frankly have only slightly more than zero interest in Anime and Manga.

The streets are empty. A lot of places closed today. Store shelves are empty either from the earthquake or from all the stranded people in the city buying it all. Rail lines still not running. Most of the devastation is in the northern part of Japan from the tsunami.

Derpy Vaz wrote:

The streets are empty. A lot of places closed today. Store shelves are empty either from the earthquake or from all the stranded people in the city buying it all. Rail lines still not running. Most of the devastation is in the northern part of Japan from the tsunami.

on teh bright side, the airports will probs be closed for a long tiem, maybe 2 weeks so… you get longer vacation!!!!!!

Last edited Mar 12, 2011 at 12:44AM EST

Kalmo wrote:

It's good to hear you're OK Daniel. I hope things start to calm down from here on out.

Thanks and thank you to everyone who is concerned. I'm not too concerned about the flight home but that I was going to stay a few days in Kyoto, the rail lines may still be down.

Derpy Vaz wrote:

We just had a M 6.1 centered near Mt. Fuji. It felt real strong here in Tokyo. I think the radiation is waking up Godzilla.

No Godzilla started all of this when he did a belly flop into the ocean…from somewhere high I guess.

Went to the Kyoto Intenational Manga Museum today, desu. It was fantastic, desu. I learned quite a bit that I didn't already know, desu. They had every Manga you can think of, desu. It's like a library, desu. You can sit and read them, desu. Desu, desu, desu, desu, desu, desu, desu, desu, desu, desu, desu, desu, desu, desu, desu, desu, desu, desu, oh and did I mention desu.

SexyThang wrote:

I was actually shocked to learn Japan supplies China with food, I would assume Seafood, like sea slugs, or the slime off fishermen boots.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!