Forums / Discussion / General

169,289 total conversations in 5,522 threads

+ New Thread


Japan

Last posted Mar 18, 2011 at 08:10AM EDT. Added Mar 04, 2011 at 09:55PM EST
48 posts from 23 users

I’m leaving for Japan next week and wanted to see if anyone is in / from / has been to Japan. 1st time for me so I was wondering if anyone had any good info on things to see and do while there. I am staying in the Chiyoda-ku area in Tokyo and also staying in Kyoto. If I see Brother Sharp while there I will post pics.

Mar 04, 2011 at 09:55PM EST
Quote

I lived in japan for a few years when I was little. Keep these 3 things in mind.

1. When in Tokyo be prepared for the mandatory twice daily giant monster/robot attack.
2. Keep an eye out for vending machines as you can find cheap, used underwear in them for those odd desires.
3. End every statement with “desu” or you shall be put to death via tentacle rape.

That pretty much covers it.

Mar 04, 2011 at 10:23PM EST
Quote

Suiseiseki     wrote:

I lived in japan for a few years when I was little. Keep these 3 things in mind.

1. When in Tokyo be prepared for the mandatory twice daily giant monster/robot attack.
2. Keep an eye out for vending machines as you can find cheap, used underwear in them for those odd desires.
3. End every statement with “desu” or you shall be put to death via tentacle rape.

That pretty much covers it.

LOL. Got it. Thanks

Mar 04, 2011 at 10:35PM EST
Quote

Be sure to visit and donate to the Hakurei Shrine while you are there, Reimu need’s all the donations she can get!

Also, you will encounter plenty of haunted places, so be careful you don’t get any unwanted supernatural stowaways. A friend of mine brought home a ghost by accident last time she went to Japan.

Mar 04, 2011 at 10:35PM EST
Quote

I was just looking up a few places and Akihabara came up as a good area to find Anime related stuff.

Mar 04, 2011 at 10:42PM EST
Quote

I had a stopover at the Tokyo airport on the way to Singapore. I had some of the best sushi I’ve ever had in my life. I’ve always thought, here in America, we pretty much put some of our crappiest food in the airports, so I assume the sushi outside of the airport is of a quality that I can’t even imagine.

Mar 05, 2011 at 12:28AM EST
Quote

Brucker wrote:

I had a stopover at the Tokyo airport on the way to Singapore. I had some of the best sushi I’ve ever had in my life. I’ve always thought, here in America, we pretty much put some of our crappiest food in the airports, so I assume the sushi outside of the airport is of a quality that I can’t even imagine.

Yea, I am looking forward to eating some really good sushi and I hear the noodles are excellent as well. Also, SAKE SAKE SAKE SAKE.

Mar 05, 2011 at 06:09PM EST
Quote

Japan has an amazing country side, and awesome mountains. You should defiantly go to some if possible.

Mar 06, 2011 at 10:53PM EST
Quote

Get a copy of Pokemon Black/White….wait, they won’t play on American DSes….never mind

Try and see if Atlus has released Persona 5 in japan.

Mar 07, 2011 at 07:15AM EST
Quote

Black and White was released in America yesterday, dude.
He doesn’t need to go to Japan for that.

Mar 07, 2011 at 08:05AM EST
Quote

Admiral Crunch wrote:

Japan has an amazing country side, and awesome mountains. You should defiantly go to some if possible.

Mar 07, 2011 at 08:52AM EST

SexyThang wrote:

why? Japan still has some national parks, Japan also has laws in place that help preservation of parts of its country side to protect the culture.

Last edited Mar 07, 2011 at 06:52PM EST
Mar 07, 2011 at 06:45PM EST
Quote

angrypwnzer wrote:

IT DID!??!?!
DAMN IT!
WHY DIDN’T ANYBODY TELL ME THAT!?!?!?

Dude, how did you not know?
About half of the people I talked to today had a copy, and I rarely see ANYONE with a Pokemon game at school.

Mar 07, 2011 at 07:37PM EST
Quote

Leaving tomorrow at noon. Woo Hoo 13 hour flight and an hour train ride and I will be in Tokyo. Be gone for 15 days.

Mar 07, 2011 at 10:17PM EST
Quote

PwNeDoScAr wrote:

Dude, how did you not know?
About half of the people I talked to today had a copy, and I rarely see ANYONE with a Pokemon game at school.

I haven’t been to the store much…i has no money D:

Mar 08, 2011 at 07:08AM EST
Quote

angrypwnzer wrote:

I haven’t been to the store much…i has no money D:

Well, that doesn’t really have a bearing on whether you knew about it or not.
Although that’s a good reason for not having it.

Mar 08, 2011 at 08:13AM EST
Quote

Admiral Crunch wrote:

why? Japan still has some national parks, Japan also has laws in place that help preservation of parts of its country side to protect the culture.

Sorry for the Misunderstanding, I only said that because you were the only person who said anything relevant to Japan in the thread…

Mar 08, 2011 at 04:42PM EST

SexyThang wrote:

Sorry for the Misunderstanding, I only said that because you were the only person who said anything relevant to Japan in the thread…

Oh, and I figured it was because he said, “You should defiantly go to some if possible.” I read it and was imagining someone saying, “Fuck you, I’ll go to Japan if I want to!”

Mar 08, 2011 at 08:42PM EST
Quote

Can someone make my hotel stop shaking? 8.9 and there is aftershocks about every 5 minutes.

Mar 11, 2011 at 06:11AM EST
Quote

Dude are you okay??? Man you gotta get out of there. I’ll be praying for you.

Mar 11, 2011 at 06:41AM EST
Quote

Yes, we wish you people living in Japan the best.
I’ve just heard on the news what’s happening there and it’s crazy!

mona_jpn, are you there and okay?

Mar 11, 2011 at 06:43AM EST
Quote

Funnily enough, this thread was the first thing to hit my mind when I heard about the earthquakes.

You picked a grand ol’ time to go over.
You might want to be careful, just a wee bit.

Mar 11, 2011 at 06:56AM EST
Quote
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING THERE?
GET OUT FROM THERE YOU WEEABOO

Mar 11, 2011 at 07:30AM EST
Quote







(Crap someone already posted it.)

Last edited Mar 11, 2011 at 07:43AM EST
Mar 11, 2011 at 07:30AM EST

Yes I’m ok. I had just visited a shrine when it hit. I was out in the open. Prety intense though. Aftershocks keep hitting every five minutes.

Mar 11, 2011 at 07:53AM EST
Quote

MrHcFortan wrote:

WHAT ARE YOU DOING THERE?
GET OUT FROM THERE YOU WEEABOO

Some people go to Japan for reasons other than culture…

Mar 11, 2011 at 03:44PM EST
Quote

CLYDE (Joe's Nightmare) wrote:

Some people go to Japan for reasons other than culture…

Like cartoons?

Mar 11, 2011 at 04:43PM EST
Quote

CLYDE (Joe's Nightmare) wrote:

Some people go to Japan for reasons other than culture…

Not to mention that I’m pretty sure liking Japanese culture alone is not the definition of being a weeaboo anyway. For instance, I personally love Japanese food, would love to visit Japan, and wish I could learn the Japanese language, but frankly have only slightly more than zero interest in Anime and Manga.

Mar 11, 2011 at 05:01PM EST
Quote

It’s 1:00 pm here in Tokyo. Most of the city seems to be ok. Still have aftershocks.

Mar 11, 2011 at 10:44PM EST
Quote

The streets are empty. A lot of places closed today. Store shelves are empty either from the earthquake or from all the stranded people in the city buying it all. Rail lines still not running. Most of the devastation is in the northern part of Japan from the tsunami.

Mar 12, 2011 at 12:01AM EST
Quote

It’s good to hear you’re OK Daniel. I hope things start to calm down from here on out.

Mar 12, 2011 at 12:03AM EST
Quote

Derp Banned wrote:

The streets are empty. A lot of places closed today. Store shelves are empty either from the earthquake or from all the stranded people in the city buying it all. Rail lines still not running. Most of the devastation is in the northern part of Japan from the tsunami.

on teh bright side, the airports will probs be closed for a long tiem, maybe 2 weeks so… you get longer vacation!!!!!!

Last edited Mar 12, 2011 at 12:44AM EST
Mar 12, 2011 at 12:15AM EST
Quote

Admiral Crunch wrote:

on teh bright side, the airports will probs be closed for a long tiem, maybe 2 weeks so… you get longer vacation!!!!!!

But what if he has something important to do at his hometown?

Mar 12, 2011 at 12:41AM EST
Quote

Kalmo wrote:

It’s good to hear you’re OK Daniel. I hope things start to calm down from here on out.

Thanks and thank you to everyone who is concerned. I’m not too concerned about the flight home but that I was going to stay a few days in Kyoto, the rail lines may still be down.

Mar 12, 2011 at 12:55AM EST
Quote

Kyoto is the hometown of the well-known company Nintendo, as well as some of its employees.

Mar 12, 2011 at 01:09AM EST
Quote

We just had a M 6.1 centered near Mt. Fuji. It felt real strong here in Tokyo. I think the radiation is waking up Godzilla.

Mar 15, 2011 at 10:54AM EDT
Quote




Mar 15, 2011 at 10:58AM EDT

Derp Banned wrote:

We just had a M 6.1 centered near Mt. Fuji. It felt real strong here in Tokyo. I think the radiation is waking up Godzilla.

No Godzilla started all of this when he did a belly flop into the ocean…from somewhere high I guess.

Mar 15, 2011 at 05:12PM EDT

Went to the Kyoto Intenational Manga Museum today, desu. It was fantastic, desu. I learned quite a bit that I didn’t already know, desu. They had every Manga you can think of, desu. It’s like a library, desu. You can sit and read them, desu. Desu, desu, desu, desu, desu, desu, desu, desu, desu, desu, desu, desu, desu, desu, desu, desu, desu, desu, oh and did I mention desu.

Mar 18, 2011 at 07:35AM EDT
Quote

SexyThang wrote:




I was actually shocked to learn Japan supplies China with food, I would assume Seafood, like sea slugs, or the slime off fishermen boots.

Mar 18, 2011 at 08:10AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!