Forums / Discussion / General

232,908 total conversations in 7,789 threads

+ New Thread

Am i to old for this site?

Last posted May 20, 2011 at 01:36PM EDT. Added May 08, 2011 at 08:37PM EDT
61 posts from 38 users

I started this site like 3 or 4 days ago so far i like it. Its fun posting in the forums,searching memes,and browsing. But i wonder do you all think im to old for this site? I am 21 years old and im not sure if this is more targeted to 14 yr olds…or is it for anyone…i just want peoples opinions out of curiousity. Am i the oldest person here or no?

Well I'm eighteen, some of our moderators are over twenty. So I would say an average of 17-18 year olds. But all the annoying trolls are usually about 13-15. But it's not so much that you're too old. It's that you're not in the kitchen. (Kidding, rather not start more retarded wars)

I would suggest you hang out here maybe tomorrow though. Shit's going down today.

Yeah, (I'm Brucker) and Daniel Vazquez is 39. Most of the regulars here seem to be in their teens, but there is some variety. My suggestion for you is the same that a lot of new people seem to need: lurk a while, read through some threads (other than the slew of recent locked ones here which are horrible) and get a feel for the place. If you like it, join in. If we seem like a bunch of a-holes, then we probably are, and you might as well go elsewhere.

Chris Menning wrote:

Really? When did we get a target demographic?
I'll be 27 next month.

Crap, I'm sorry for sounding like an idiot. That's what Olivia told me.

Ogreenworld wrote:

I'm 17.
It's all gonna go downhill from here ;_;

Still in the 20’s range. And I can tell you the 20’s are some of the best years in life. You get some spare dough and are legally an adult. Over 9000 times better than the 10-20 range IMHO.

Although, always remember, “On the Internet, Nobody Knows You’re a Dog”. Or a 70 year old Cat. Although I’m pretty sure there are no 10 year old cuttlefish other than Zoidberg.

Last edited May 09, 2011 at 01:09AM EDT

Hiroman wrote:

Still in the 20’s range. And I can tell you the 20’s are some of the best years in life. You get some spare dough and are legally an adult. Over 9000 times better than the 10-20 range IMHO.

Although, always remember, “On the Internet, Nobody Knows You’re a Dog”. Or a 70 year old Cat. Although I’m pretty sure there are no 10 year old cuttlefish other than Zoidberg.

Awwwww…..

Clack clack clack

@Dane, Mines on the 21st

@Nikolina Mirković, Nah. It's a legitimate question. And even if she was Trolling she wouldn't be doing a good job.

Nikolina wrote:

No one else thinks this chick is trolling? That was a subtle insult if I ever saw one.

umm i hope you dont mean me…and know i dont troll….i was just truly curious…sorry it came out that way but im not trolling,and i would never make fun of anyone.

P0wnz0r The Noob wrote:

People of all ages should be able to enjoy a good time of meme humor, so no worries. I am sure when I am 80 I will still visit this site regularly.

lol i wonder if this site would still be around! :P Imagine if it was…i would wonder what the memes will be then…

Just hypothetically, if there were a person here under 13, what would you do to him?

Also: Hypothetically, if there were a person about…mmm, 10 years old, ALWAYS trolling and posting, and mostly was hated but sometimes loved, and spends an insane amount of time here, trolling, and getting low karma, what would happen?

Doubl Rainbow wrote:

Just hypothetically, if there were a person here under 13, what would you do to him?

Also: Hypothetically, if there were a person about…mmm, 10 years old, ALWAYS trolling and posting, and mostly was hated but sometimes loved, and spends an insane amount of time here, trolling, and getting low karma, what would happen?

Does he troll phones too?

Doubl Rainbow wrote:

nothing. and for the trolling 10 yr old prob nothing either its the net what do you expect lol. I dont get into the lets all pick on the trolll hype…im like meh whatever.

I think its more of a certain maturity level(what ever you want to call it) rather than age, I am sure there are people who act immature that are old(like in their 40's), and others who act mature at a younger age. A lot of serious factors could add to the equation, such as trolls, fail trolls, ponies, Hitler, rainbows, Stalin, religion, new memes that take over the forums in a day, etc.The biggest issue I see with KYM, is how they take everything way to serious, every time a troll makes a thread on KYM people over react, bumping small threads(more important) down while making troll threads the hot topics.

TL:DR, KYM gives trolls huge boners, oh and like age does not counts, cuz u all the sam mature.

Last edited May 09, 2011 at 07:14PM EDT

Ashley Rodriguez wrote:

nothing. and for the trolling 10 yr old prob nothing either its the net what do you expect lol. I dont get into the lets all pick on the trolll hype…im like meh whatever.

And thats why you will never win the game… ><

Ashley Rodriguez wrote:

I started this site like 3 or 4 days ago so far i like it. Its fun posting in the forums,searching memes,and browsing. But i wonder do you all think im to old for this site? I am 21 years old and im not sure if this is more targeted to 14 yr olds…or is it for anyone…i just want peoples opinions out of curiousity. Am i the oldest person here or no?

Are you implying that we all act like 14 year olds? Because that would be a totally fair and accurate assessment.

On a more serious note, the site is for whoever finds it interesting. Age isn't really relevant, or at least not as relevant as maturity. Personally, I'm 17, which is pretty average for the site. Though we have plenty of users of all age groups.

Anyway, welcome to KYM. Have fun!

Alex>_> wrote:

Does he troll phones too?

I wasn't trolling the phone. I was talking to my sister and I am laughing at one of her jokes. THANKS FOR INVADING MY PRIVACY.

Ashley Rodriguez wrote:

umm i hope you dont mean me…and know i dont troll….i was just truly curious…sorry it came out that way but im not trolling,and i would never make fun of anyone.

Oh. Well, then you probably won't fit in here after all, lol.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!