Forums / Discussion / General

232,908 total conversations in 7,790 threads

+ New Thread

Wii U

Last posted Jun 12, 2011 at 11:11PM EDT. Added Jun 07, 2011 at 07:10PM EDT
69 posts from 32 users

Moved it to General.

I think that it's really cool that it finally has HD gameplay, but so far it seems very gimmicky. I tend to feel that way about newer nintendo products and motion controls.

This is one weird console. The fact that you'll be able to also play it on a small screen on the controller is the main reason. By the way, if there will be a 4th SSB game, then I suspect the Character Predictions Meme to resurect.

Omomon wrote:

Yeah, but when did they confirm SSB4 during their press conference?

Iwata mentioned it in the conference, saying something like how he showed Sakurai the WiiU and they got an idea to have an SSB title on BOTH the WiiU and 3DS at the same time but said "we won't be revealing how that works right now".

As for the WiiU, I'm excited for it but I am a Ninty fanboy so I'm biased but here are my opinions:

Pros:

1.HD Graphics. FINALLY! That really held the Wii back.

2. Controller definitely has potential for interesting gameplay (Ie, the motion sensor in Aliens: Colonial Marines being on the touchscreen instead of in-game)

3.Love having a second screen when someone desperately needs the TV. I have a big family and a limited number of TVs so this should help a lot.

4. Wii Backwards compatibility. Hope the GC is supported as well.

5. It's Nintendo, they'll have a lot of great games even without the gimmicks

Cons:
1. Worried about price. How much is one of those monster controllers cost? Give it some wifi capability and a hard drive and it might as well be an iPad!

2. Worried about durability. I chuck controllers a LOT and believe a lot of people do so…. better take some anger management courses. If Football Manager ever gets released on this system I will go broke.

3. Developers not exploiting the potential. For example, I was really impressed with how No More Heroes used the Wii remote Speaker to make Sylvia call you. It was freaky but it immersed me in the game.After the initial rush of experimenting most developers dropped any cool ideas and played it safe. I really don't recall many Wii games utilized the controller in any meaningful way.

@burn_pheonix I feel that you nailed all the pros. I have personally have never chucked a controller or any system for that matter. On the topic of no one using the Wiimote most developers didn't use it but a few games like No More Heroes and Other M did use it.

Captain Badass wrote:

I think it looks completely unnecessary. The only reason I would ever buy this is if it's required to play SSB4.

Umm, it's just plain required.
Though, SSB4 will come out for 3DS

Troll King wrote:

What's an SSB4?

Dude, it's not funny anymore.

EDIT: Especially when you would make your Troll Thread on the Troll King profile, then go on your Suiseiseki profile and insult or point out loopholes in the Troll Thread, and get but loads of Krama for looking like a Boss. But you were really using it as your own Krama maker.

Last edited Jun 08, 2011 at 04:39PM EDT

SilverMonGoose wrote:

EDIT: Especially when you would make your Troll Thread on the Troll King profile, then go on your Suiseiseki profile and insult or point out loopholes in the Troll Thread, and get but loads of Krama for looking like a Boss. But you were really using it as your own Krama maker.

Took me a while to figure out it was short for Super Smash Bros 4, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was serious. But knowing TK, who knows?

Dane wrote:

Took me a while to figure out it was short for Super Smash Bros 4, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was serious. But knowing TK, who knows?

I don't know what it is either…..

Adam DeLand wrote:

This is one weird console. The fact that you'll be able to also play it on a small screen on the controller is the main reason. By the way, if there will be a 4th SSB game, then I suspect the Character Predictions Meme to resurect.

Yeah, definitely. There's already rumors spreading about the next Smash Bros game (character wishlists, new game modes, etc). According to this, the next game is going to be more than just a "simple extension" from Melee and Brawl.

SilverMonGoose wrote:

Wow…you ACTUALLY think I'm Suiseiseki? That entire thread was a joke.

Troll King wrote:

It's really not funny anymore. You annoy everyone, then when you admit that you were actually Suiseiseki you try to pretend that you weren't really Suiseiseki.

Troll King wrote:

How in the freaking WORLD could someone think you're Suseiseki?

Troll King wrote:

I know, it's hilarious how people like Matt actually think I was Suiseiseki.

How can Matt even call stuff like this? Matt, I think you're a little too new here to be making criticisms like that.

Piano wrote:

How can Matt even call stuff like this? Matt, I think you're a little too new here to be making criticisms like that.

How can you say that when you are always posting pointless topics?

Last edited Jun 08, 2011 at 05:34PM EDT

Piano wrote:

You're too new to know everything about KYM, Matt.

However, you're annoying as fuck and he isn't.

Btw, new news
http://ds.ign.com/articles/117/1174428p1.html

Katie C. wrote:

However, you're annoying as fuck and he isn't.

Btw, new news
http://ds.ign.com/articles/117/1174428p1.html

That has nothing to do with our conversation.

Piano wrote:

That has nothing to do with our conversation.

It's relevant to the thread. If you can't deal with that, then get your ass back to 4chan.

Last edited Jun 08, 2011 at 06:07PM EDT

Katie C. wrote:

It's relevant to the thread. If you can't deal with that, then get your ass back to 4chan.

Ok, even I think that's a little harsh.

Katie C. wrote:

Well his dickery has gone on for months.

Seriously though, is that really necessary? I admit, I hate how he's always is backing up Troll King, but that's just uncalled for.

Matt wrote:

Seriously though, is that really necessary? I admit, I hate how he's always is backing up Troll King, but that's just uncalled for.

Can all four of you just get back on subject? I find the Wii U looks cool but what i'm worried about is price, especially for the controllers.

Funny how people fall for my Trolling so easily. Even Troll King.

But anyway, lookin' good.

Edit: Waaaait. this isn't the E3 Thread! NVM disregard the Forza.

Last edited Jun 08, 2011 at 07:53PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!