Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,714 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Things that scared you as a kid

Last posted Sep 16, 2011 at 11:01AM EDT. Added Sep 13, 2011 at 08:34AM EDT
49 posts from 38 users

If we look back at the things that scared us as kids we might have a laught of that or finding we had the right to be scared.

By me, I think as kid I had the right to be scared by this fucking hag.

A lot of things scared me as a kid.
Chuckie from Child's Play
The Wicked Witch of the West
The legend of Zelda dungeons
Oompa Loompas
Death
The dark
God(Yes, I was scared of God. Now I'm an atheist lol)
Goosebumps
Halloween in general.
Rollercoasters(still am)
Dead people
and Vampires. But then Twilight just made vampires lame.

Redeads, aka, Zelda zombies. They just sit there, minding their own bussiness, and at first you don't notice them. Then, as you get closer, his head swings around and stares at you with vacant, empty eye sockets. Your heart skips a beat, but you quickly realize that he is still not a threat. Now ignoring him, you try to make your way past to the other side of the room when suddenly, he lifts himself off the ground and his eyes materialize as glowing blood red orbs, and a piercing, blood curdling shriek breaks the odd and spooky silence of the Earth Temple. Link freezes in place, unable to move, and you frantically button mash to escape. But its too late. The redead climbs up onto your shoulders, unhinges its jaw, and begins smashing his face into your skull, again and again, until you die.

I had nightmares about that guy, and today I still jump whenever I hear that wicked, horrid scream.

The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come was the scourge of my childhood, and not just because of his appearance. Imagine being a kid, and being very proud of your money grubbing habits, with huge quantities of cash saved up (at the time I was saving for my gameboy advance) making you the "richest" kid on the block. Then suddenly, this movie comes on that says not only are you going to die before everyone else, but nobody will miss you and your money and possessions that you were so proud of working for would be destroyed, sold, and split up among the people around you. That whole movie was scary, in pretty much every rendition of it. But the Ghost of Christmas Future scared me the most.

Everything on this list is legit.

From age: 1-4 {What? It had angry eyes!}

From age: 4-12. {Parents thought I was too much of a pussy so they showed me real horror.}

From age: 2-forever {I can get over any horror movie, but I still can't be in the same room with one of these.}

Zelda Dungeons. I actually had a friend do all the adult dungeons in OoT. After each one, I would think to myself "well that wasn't that scary, I could have done that myself!"
But no, I never learned.

Hmmm…
Ok, most of these are my fears from ages 6-12 (I think):
-Anything related to the ghosts of the Mario Universe. Luigi's Mansion gave me nightmares for crying out loud! (Can't wait for Luigi's Mansion 2, btw)
-Redeads: Same reasons as Syndic.
-Lavander Tower in Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow: The unbeatable ghost guarding the top floor…
-The second world of Yoshi's Story: That skeleton dinosaur scarred the fuck out of me!
-Disney Lands Haunted House: After geting off the ride, my parrents described me as "looking petrified".
Disnelands Space Mountain: Was never a big fan of Roller Coasters anyway, but it was also dark, and didn't feel like SPAAAAAACE!

Now that I look back at it, only Disneyland's Haunted Mansion had any right to be called scarry… and Re-Deads.

Hmmm…
Ok, most of these are my fears from ages 6-12 (I think):
-Anything related to the ghosts of the Mario Universe. Luigi's Mansion gave me nightmares for crying out loud! (Can't wait for Luigi's Mansion 2, btw)
-Redeads: Same reasons as Syndic.
-Lavander Tower in Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow: The unbeatable ghost guarding the top floor…
-The second world of Yoshi's Story: That skeleton dinosaur scarred the fuck out of me!
-Disney Lands Haunted House: After geting off the ride, my parrents described me as "looking petrified".
Disnelands Space Mountain: Was never a big fan of Roller Coasters anyway, but it was also dark, and didn't feel like SPAAAAAACE!

Now that I look back at it, only Disneyland's Haunted Mansion had any right to be called scarry… and Re-Deads.

[photo:36281]
Religion scared me as a child. Then by the time I was 9 I started reading horror comics and watching horror movies. By the time I was 13 I had read both the bible and the satanic bible.

Troll King wrote:

Slender man. I finally got over it and forgot about it, but then…this happened:

Troll King, the stuff about Slenderman only came into existence really recently. By that logic you're like, 6?

Alex>_> wrote:

nopenopenopenopenopenope

The thing about doom that weirded me out was when the bodies would follow as I moved, as if they were staring at me while they died.

Last edited Sep 13, 2011 at 10:28PM EDT

Alex>_> wrote:

nopenopenopenopenopenope

Those 2 only made me fear losing the game, i'm telling the truth here… i grew up with doom, castlevania and a lot of horror games and movies..

I'll be honest, that the only things that actually scared me were things that i KNEW i could get hurt with [When in the hand of other people] you never know what people are going to do with that knife on their hand (You know, depending on they might not cut the bread…)… of course i never was really scared, it was more of a silent fear… always expecting for the worst to happen, always paying attention… so it was more of a paranoia.

Why didn't i get scared with Doom and horror stuff? Because i knew it was fictional, that these things don't exist in our world. (Well, at least speaking of stuff thats not natural, such as the Spider mastermind or vampires…) Or whenever i watched a movie, i knew nothing was going to happen. Why? Because its in a freaking "glass box" (Read as TV/Monitor). Of course, theres always those moments when your brother go "Watch out for the boogeyman as he carries bad kids away"… and i didn't believe, because, honestly what kind of a freak would waste their time and get kids on bags, and of course not being caught by the cops one day. Maybe that's because i guess i always was more of a rational kid than a emotional kid… Gotta say that videogames made me insensible to those things…

Last edited Sep 14, 2011 at 12:35AM EDT

I don't get it why people are afraid of clowns…THERE AWESOME!
Also this guy filled my nightmares when I was younger:

I would always get the chills when i saw him on Freakazoid….

Last edited Sep 14, 2011 at 01:57AM EDT

I've got to say that I was a HUUUUGE Dragon Ball fan when I was a kid (I'm still a fan, but I've got even bigger interests). I loved watching it everyday, but when the series arrived at both Cell and Majin Boo Sagas…

I COULDN'T SLEEP AT NIGHT.
And don't get me started in the whole Baby Saga in DB GT (yes, I watched it as well).

And yet I would still watch that episode every time it came on because the MAN IN GAUZE, THE MAN IN GAUZE bit is hilarious.

Last edited Sep 14, 2011 at 09:51AM EDT

The phrase "come and see some puppies" is legendary in Britain, being a byword for a person being suspected of being a robe-intruder / kiddy-fiddler / paedophile.

Needless to say, I didn't take swimming lessons for years after my friends.

I still feel uneasy when I see those sub-stations.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!