Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,714 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

What well the world be like in 2020?

Last posted Dec 29, 2011 at 08:29PM EST. Added Dec 29, 2011 at 06:46PM EST
16 posts from 14 users

NottaWotta wrote:

>implying the world won’t end on 2012
But seriously, what well it be like in 2020?

Well? WELL?!?!?!
WAT DOES THAT MEAN!??!

Not much of any different to tell you the truth, yes we will have some advancements but not so much that I will look like this in the near next decade:

Last edited Dec 29, 2011 at 07:06PM EST

I'm gonna guess that spell check will allow you to know the difference between "will" and "well". I'm just messing with you. In truth, I don't things will be very different. Some of our technology will be better but I think for the most part we'll just carry on with our lives as we do now. And, cellphones with a lightsaber function. I'm hoping for that one too.

Well, according to Wikipedia:

• The New Zealand government and The Ministry of Health plan to make New Zealand completely smokefree by 2020.
  • The Yucca Mountain nuclear waste repository is scheduled to begin accepting nuclear waste.[1]
  • The Fehmarn Belt Fixed Link in Denmark is expected to be completed.
  • The main segment of track extending from San Francisco to Anaheim of the California High Speed Rail system is expected to be completed.
  • The 2020 Summer Olympics will be celebrated in either Baku, Doha, Istanbul, Madrid, Rome or Tokyo. The host city will be announced on September 7, 2013.
  • India's space agency, ISRO, plans to send a manned space mission to the moon in this year.
  • This is the year that the Hong Kong MTR South Island Line east section is expected to be completed.
  • The Russian Federal Space Agency says that they plan to be mining helium-3 from the moon by this year.[2]
  • Earliest year that power aboard the space probes Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 is expected to terminate (though either probe may function past this date).
  • Several developing countries have plans to become developed countries by 2020:
  • Vietnam becomes a developed country.
  • Malaysia becomes a developed country, under the Wawasan 2020 plan initiated by former Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad.
  • India becomes a developed country under 2020 long term development plan.
  • By 2020, according to financial experts, the Chinese Yuan will be one of the world's three main currencies, along with the U.S. Dollar and the Euro. It will be used in international trading and for currency reserves. [3]
  • Volvo hopes to use radar, sonar and other advanced technologies to create a crash-proof car by 2020.[4]
  • The IBM Institute for Business Value concluded from their study "Automotive 2020: Clarity Beyond the Chaos" that all automobiles will have some level of hybridization by 2020.[5]
  • Toyota's vice president in charge of powertrain development also believes that all Toyota cars produced will be hybrid vehicles by the year 2020.[6]
  • Technological predictions for 2020 include cars that drive themselves on smart highways, 3-D video conferencing, artificial brain cells, artificial lungs, artificial kidneys, and the identification of the genetic causes of all diseases.[7]
  • All European households will get 30 megabits per second (Mbps) broadband by 2020, with half enjoying more than 100Mbps.[8]
  • The Large Hadron Collider will be substantially upgraded.[9]
Last edited Dec 29, 2011 at 07:34PM EST

Patrick wrote:

But, what will the world be like in 2525?
If man is still alive…

F-ZERO GRAND PRIX! SUPERSONIC RACING ACROSS THE GALAXY!

If we can survive the Oil Wars and the Reapers, that is.

Nice summary RF. In addition to that, by 2020 I expect we will be into the nanotechnology age and our technology will boon with all the good stuff that comes with it.

I based one of my postgrad papers on nanotechnology. We're already using nanotechnology in our industries to upgrade everyday products and its looking pretty promising

What was the world like in 72,000,000 B.C.?
It kinda smelled, I have to say, it sucked a lot really.
The T-rexes all ruled the land like dinosaur nazis,
The stegosaurs were all abused and all in slavery.
Mesosaurs were eating everyone up in the sea,
Most raptors were assholes but one was rather Jesus-y.
The Pterosaurs were isolated, high above the trees,
The anklyosaurs were frowned upon and suffered from disease.
The ichthyosaurs were civil-warring with the chimpanzees,
The brachiosaurs don't give a fuck, they're all like: "LOL bitch please".

Why the poop did I just write a poem…

Fuck 2020. What about…

In the year 105105,
If man is still alive,
If robot can survive,
They may find……..
In the year 252525,
The backwards time machine still won't have arrived.
In all the world, there's only one technology,
A rusty sword for practicing proctology.
In a future year that ends with a twenty,
A shlubby merman's gonna try to get chummy.
He may look like a watery wimp,
When in fact he's a bloodthirsty shrimp.
In the year one million and a half,
Humankind is enslaved by giraffe.
Man must pay for all his misdeeds,
When the treetops are stripped of their leaves.
Whooooooooooa-ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!