Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,714 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
KYM Mafia Reboot 5: In the Hood

Last posted Feb 02, 2012 at 07:32PM EST. Added Jan 09, 2012 at 09:22PM EST
758 posts from 25 users

There are five roles in this game, and I will randomly assign them to everyone who signs up (using a random number generator) and PM them to you before we start, be sure to keep them a secret.
Role 1: The Mafia
-There will be only a couple of these (depends on how many people plays, usually 1 to 3 or 4 people). Your job is to decide who to kill when the game is in the “night” phase. They will do this by PMing each other to decide who to kill then PMing the narrator their decision. So every “night” one person will be killed and they will be out of the game.
Role 2: The Sheriff
-There will only be one sheriff. During the “night” phase the sheriff will PM the narrator the name of one of the other participants. The narrator will PM them back indicating whether or not that person is part of the mafia.
Role 3: The Doctor
-There will only be one doctor. During the “night” phase the doctor can PM the narrator the name of one participant. If this person was the person selected by the Mafia for death, then they will be saved. If the doctor picks someone else, nothing happens.
NOTE :The doctor cannot protect him/herself.
Role 4: The Villagers
-Everyone else will be a villager. During the “day” phase they will discuss among themselves (including the Mafia, Sheriff, and Doctor who keep their identities secret) one person to kill who they believe is the mafia. When a consensus is reached the narrator will announce the death.
Role 5: The Narrator
-This role does not participate in the game, instead he/she makes sure everything runs smoothly and keeps track of who is killing/saving who during the night phase.
Role 6 and 7: Sean and Gus
-2 people who work together and pool evidence. They will be given a very subtle hint every 2 turns.
How the game progresses:
The game has 2 phases as you already read about: a Day and Night phase. It starts off in the Night.
The Night Phase: During the night, all the villagers are asleep. The Mafia will pick one person to kill, the Sheriff will pick one person to investigate, and the Doctor will pick one person to save. After all this is done, the villagers wake and it moves to the day phase. The narrator will write a short story describing what happened, telling all players who died/was saved.
The Day Phase: During the day, all players except the narrator discuss between themselves who they think is most likely to be the mafia. When they have reached a consensus by a vote, the narrator kills that person then the game moves back to the night phase.
Game Notes:
Death: When you die you reveal your role to the rest of the game. You can no longer participate in the game if you are killed, though a dead villager can still help influence the villagers during the day phase. However, while you are still able to discuss the goings on in the game, you can no longer cast a vote for who to kill during the day. Other dead characters are not allowed to post anything related to the game once they have been killed, as they know too much.
Winning: The villagers win when all mafia have been killed, the mafia wins if they kill everyone else. Usually the villagers win, so it comes down to how many people the mafia can kill before they are killed themselves, however very sneaky mafia can often times manipulate the villagers during the day phase and win.
Sheriff: The sheriff may know the identity of one of the mafia if he guesses right during the night phase, that doesn’t mean people can trust him, as no one actually knows who is telling the truth.
Changes:
-Mafia will make up 1/5th of the total population.
-If the Mafia’s population exceeds the Villagers population, the Mafia Win.
-Also, the day and night cycles will last 42 hours each. However the day/night will be ended early if everyone in the Village/Mafia (Respectively) has voted. If you haven’t voted by the end of the Night/Day, you missed your chance and will have to wait till the next day/night to vote.
If you have any questions just ask me!
Thanking Natsuru and Mr. J for game template.
People so far: Dougie

Last edited Jan 09, 2012 at 09:26PM EST

in the hoppip over the sea wrote:

By the way, I added a new role-
Role 6 and 7: Sean and Gus
-2 people who work together and pool evidence. They will be given a very subtle hint every 2 turns.

thay should be batman and robin. or sherlock holmes and watson nah, they would find it out too quick.

Last edited Jan 09, 2012 at 09:32PM EST

2 things

1) I want in this game

2) Itiz, in the last game you didn't convince me. I knew you were mafia and I knew RandomMan was too. You wanted to kill Douglas because Douglas was expendable. But killing a villager, no matter how expendable would be the end for the villagers. That's what made you the most suspicious. I wanted to make everyone turn on RandomMan. Afterward, I was hoping you'd kill me. Being as only two people knew I was Doctor, you'd have fallen into my trap. The only thing I couldn't figure out was who was the last mafia. But I was hoping that would reveal itself after you and RandomMan were dead.

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

2 things

1) I want in this game

2) Itiz, in the last game you didn't convince me. I knew you were mafia and I knew RandomMan was too. You wanted to kill Douglas because Douglas was expendable. But killing a villager, no matter how expendable would be the end for the villagers. That's what made you the most suspicious. I wanted to make everyone turn on RandomMan. Afterward, I was hoping you'd kill me. Being as only two people knew I was Doctor, you'd have fallen into my trap. The only thing I couldn't figure out was who was the last mafia. But I was hoping that would reveal itself after you and RandomMan were dead.

You did put me in a little shithole, though. I knew I couldn't kill you, because you might have PM'd for backup. I know I did when I was sheriff.

YES. I TOTALLY AGREE, BSoD.
@witch: i was more suspicious of itiz and bob than you.

Last edited Jan 09, 2012 at 09:36PM EST

This game will be set in Santa Barbara, hence the Sean and Gus roles.
Psych, everybody. Best show ever.

FUCKING FINE, BUT FOR THE PURPOSE OF THIS GAME, GOTHAM CITY IS INSIDE SANTA BARBARA.
Or something like that.
Psych reference must stay intact.

@Witchybr0: Sorry, Witchy. You had to find a way to clear your name. I told Ardent that I was Doctor. He was proven to be a villager so I knew I could trust him. I think you could have done the same.

@Itiz: I'm sorry to say, but I hardly trust anyone in this game. Every bond of trust I make is only a way of getting to the answer. And I'd step all over those bonds if I have to in order to win.

And I agree with the Batman thing.

FUCKING FINE, BUT FOR THE PURPOSE OF THIS GAME, GOTHAM CITY IS INSIDE SANTA BARBARA.
Or something like that.
Psych reference must stay intact.

alright, fine. it's NEXT to santa barbara.

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

@Witchybr0: Sorry, Witchy. You had to find a way to clear your name. I told Ardent that I was Doctor. He was proven to be a villager so I knew I could trust him. I think you could have done the same.

@Itiz: I'm sorry to say, but I hardly trust anyone in this game. Every bond of trust I make is only a way of getting to the answer. And I'd step all over those bonds if I have to in order to win.

That was a breach of rules.

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

no meta gaming

4 more people. Go PM people and tell them to get the fuck in here!
PLEASE.

Don't make a limit. The more the merrier.

Just start in 24 or 48 hours, allowing people who are asleep now to still join.

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

2 things

1) I want in this game

I knew that you were aware of me and Itiz being mafia, it was the only option left for you. But of course you couldn't say this, it would be very easy for us to then blame you for mafia.

But I was lucky to talk raptur and Itiz out of killing a certain person two times. One night phase they wanted to kill madcat, who was killed the next dayphase. I wanted to leave him alive because my role would be revealed to you if he died, that he got killed the next dayphase was just luck. During the last night phase they wanted to kill you, which was the last person they should kill. As it would reveal both Itiz and me. Luckily I was able to talk them out of it both times.

Last edited Jan 09, 2012 at 09:52PM EST

Cale wrote:

That was a breach of rules.

It was? Well, shit. I'm really sorry. I didn't know that.

Edit: @Random: No offense to your previous team but I knew you were the brains of the group.

Last edited Jan 09, 2012 at 09:52PM EST

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

It was? Well, shit. I'm really sorry. I didn't know that.

Edit: @Random: No offense to your previous team but I knew you were the brains of the group.

I wouldn't care.
Just do it in PM
My only rules for communicating your roles, do it in PM.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!