Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,714 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

New Page Get

Last posted Jan 20, 2012 at 09:58PM EST. Added Jan 20, 2012 at 09:07AM EST
25 posts from 17 users

People like that joy that they were able to keep a forum alive with a page. This gets them excited so they say "PAGE GET!" When they really mean "I got this page so the forum is alive! Im such a good guy!" And sometimes it means "Give me karma, I have a page."

But really you shouldn't complain since it only happens every 51 posts

Its just another silly trope, not worth getting upset over. Don't let it get to you.

Now people who make their embedded videos only 1 pixel in size. There's something worth complaining about!

Damn, it annoys me. I'm on limited bandwidth right now and I only have a mere Gigabyte left to download before Telecom cuts my internet and I need to cough up another payment. The last thing I need is being forced to download someones autoplay video.

Hey, that's no problem I'll just right click the video and hit "stop download"…oh wait, I can't because I can't click on a video that's 1 pixel small. I CANT EVEN FIND IT! FUUUUUUUUUUUU

WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS?

Last edited Jan 20, 2012 at 09:29AM EST

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Its just another silly trope, not worth getting upset over. Don't let it get to you.

Now people who make their embedded videos only 1 pixel in size. There's something worth complaining about!

Damn, it annoys me. I'm on limited bandwidth right now and I only have a mere Gigabyte left to download before Telecom cuts my internet and I need to cough up another payment. The last thing I need is being forced to download someones autoplay video.

Hey, that's no problem I'll just right click the video and hit "stop download"…oh wait, I can't because I can't click on a video that's 1 pixel small. I CANT EVEN FIND IT! FUUUUUUUUUUUU

WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS?

Like me? MWAHAHAHAHA

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS?

The large embedded videos often look ugly on profiles.
I find it a lot less annoying than calling out how you got a page get.

Check 'em.

Also, why do they say page get every time it reaches a new page? It makes them feel like they accomplished something great in life.

Last edited Jan 20, 2012 at 11:17AM EST

pug on toast wrote:

Check 'em.

Also, why do they say page get every time it reaches a new page? It makes them feel like they accomplished something great in life.

Because it makes us feel special…

It's about as annoying as saying you got "First". There's almost no difference, really, yet we all hate it when people say they got first.
IRONY.

Relax, Cite. Its just people screwing around and having fun.
Yeah, its annoying on Youtube videos (then again Youtube comments always suck).
But just chill. The internet is a playground. Its meant to have fun on. Not be serious business.

Also: inb4findingstars.

The large embedded videos often look ugly on profiles.
I find it a lot less annoying than calling out how you got a page get.

When you have to put up with crappy NZ internet, ugliness is the least of your problems

At least reading "page get" doesn't cost me extra. Downloaded videos do.

Last edited Jan 20, 2012 at 09:31PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!