Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,714 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Disproportionate RAGE

Last posted May 17, 2012 at 06:00PM EDT. Added May 15, 2012 at 09:32PM EDT
40 posts from 25 users

So, KYM, what small annoyances or inconveniences make you far, far angrier than they actually should?

I'll go first. Nothing just sets me off quite like drying off in the shower and knocking over shampoo bottles with the towel. NOTHING. MFW:

The quoted post has been deleted.

Oh, the irony…..

What makes me mad:

People singing their favorite song loudly.
The guy that sits behind me in my physics class.
When I take my bread out of the freezer to thaw so I can make myself some lunch, and then one of my roommates thinks hes doing me a service by putting it back in so it doesn't go stale.
Repeating myself.

And others I can't think of at the moment.

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 09:39PM EDT

Generalizations. Plain and simple. From relatively simple things like "all Redditors have low intelligence" to "all people with religion are extremists," generalizations really rustle my jimmies get me riled up. I mean, sure, the negatives do stand out more than the positives, but it's basically like saying that everyone here is a shipper just because a shipping thread exists.

It just gets annoying sometimes.

Chokesmurf wrote:

Things on Facebook that say, "LIKE if ur aganst cancer!!!!" and the like. Those really rustle my jimmies.

I pressed a button on Facebook! That'll stop a disease for sure!

I'm talking to my friend about meme stuff and a guy walks up to us.
Him: What are you two talking about?
My friend: Memes.
Him: I made a meme once.
Me: ……………….sigh

Chokesmurf wrote:

Things on Facebook that say, "LIKE if ur aganst cancer!!!!" and the like. Those really rustle my jimmies.

Furthermore, facebook posts that go:

"This baby was born with a terrible disease, 1 Like=1 Prayer :("
"This guy abused his elderly father, 1 Like=1 Punch!"
"Only 90s kids know what this is :) :) :)"

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 10:32PM EDT

Nothing really causes me rage, but some things do make me facepalm.

@Supermack
I don't see why you'd be angry with someone who cares about you enough to check on you when you hit your head.

@Phone
Words have no innate depth. Not to mention that any and every message is left to interpretation, so you really shouldn't care that people don't get it.

@Lich
Cheer up, I still love you.

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 10:35PM EDT

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

@Supermack
I don't see why you'd be angry with someone who cares about you enough to check on you when you hit your head.

@Phone
Words have no innate depth. Not to mention that any and every message is left to interpretation, so you really shouldn't care that people don't get it.

@Lich

It's not that I hate being cared about, it's in that brief moment of acute pain where I just don't want to talk that people ask, repeatedly, if I'm okay, and get frustrated when I don't respond.

William Schnell wrote:

Generalizations. Plain and simple. From relatively simple things like "all Redditors have low intelligence" to "all people with religion are extremists," generalizations really rustle my jimmies get me riled up. I mean, sure, the negatives do stand out more than the positives, but it's basically like saying that everyone here is a shipper just because a shipping thread exists.

It just gets annoying sometimes.

So what you're saying is…

All generalizations are annoying?

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

@Supermack

@Phone

@Lich

People who hate religion for petty reasons such as "It's why my girlfriend and I broke up". In turn, bible thumpers and basically any religious person who is ignorant to his/her own religion. I just can't bear people arguing over religion just to find out that the cause of the shitstorm is very stupid.

So basically, any person who argues about religion. Arguing about a belief is stupid.

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 11:12PM EDT

OH! I've got one. I really hate being ignored. It's really one of the only things I can think of that makes me want to punch someone out. I hold myself back, of course. Still, it really bothers me.

@Lich
Did you post an image? I can't see it.

NottaWotta wrote:

What I seriously Hate is when someone Rants about something and their Reasons why something sucks aren't even Valid.

Not All Nouns Are Capitlalised, NotSoCool.

Getting water on your hand when you're filling a cup.

God, it just makes me really uncomfortable for some reason

Edit:

Also, stupid people. I just can't stand stupid people, and I don't mean uneducated people. I mean people who are just dumb and can't understand most things. I can't stand being around them because I just get fed up with trying to fix or explain things they do wrong. Unfortunately this planet is full of people like that and I am forced to avoid most of them for fear of losing my sanity.

Not all people are like that though, and I really like to spend time with people who aren't morons.

Last edited May 16, 2012 at 10:54AM EDT

When people don't/can't learn.

I get that there's something holding them back from getting it. But I don't see the point of running into a brick wall repeatedly when the thing ain't moving. Patience implies that, even though it may take a while, that something will occur. I don't have patience for things that I don't think will change. Waste of time. Perhaps it is a nice gesture, but the object is still going to be their own detriment.

If a person isn't showing any signs of learning or improving, then I have no reason to think that they will, especially when they've been continuously exposing themselves to the consequences of not changing their behavior, and especially when they've been getting advice from other people who see their troubles. It goes against everything about operant conditioning. It goes against what is animal. Heck, plants move to get sunlight, and they don't even think about it.

Also, why are there so many people who injure themselves here?

Last edited May 16, 2012 at 01:37PM EDT

When I find a GIF on google images and it is just a stand alone picture.

like, what the fuck? Why have a GIF as a still image.

Getting me all excites to see a cool animation only to leave me with what I saw in the first place.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!